Campaign updates

Reflected

Dear friends,

I'm opening this thread to keep you guys updated about what's going on with my current campaigns as well as the one(s) in the making.

Here's the first bit of news:

Based on your feedback, I updated all my missions and hid all enemy units on the F10 map. No more peeking, and no more spoilers in the briefing menu.

Also, I found a workaround to make sure Adler 1 and 2 drop their bombs in mission 5 of "Jagdflieger".

The changes should be available in the upcoming OB update. Stay tuned for more!

Thank you, I love the continued support that you provide for your Campaigns, kudos for that :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

From yesterday's OB patch:

Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Enemy units hidden on F10 map.

- Adler 1 and 2 will drop their bombs in mission 5.

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Mission 14: enemy aircraft changed to FW-190A-8s, as it happened in real life.

Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign by Reflected Simulations:

- Mission 1: altitudes of enemy units adjusted

I came up with a more realistic, reworked radio effect for my upcoming "Hunters over the Yalu" F-86 campaign ...

Fantastic, can't wait for this Campaign of yours ... currently enjoying the one for the Bf-109 :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a great announcement for today: in the last few months I've been working on something else in parallel to my F-86 Campaign:

"Fear the Bones!" a story driven F-14 campaign.

The Tomcat has been my favorite aircraft since my childhood, so I wanted to make this one really, REALLY special. To me, Baltic Dragon 's campaigns are among the very best when it comes to modern aviation, and I learned a lot from him. I worked extra hard to meet the standards he has set, and come up with something worthy of the legendary Tomcat. Did I manage? You will be the judge of that.

I came up with a heavily story driven, 12+1 mission campaign set in 1989, in a fictional, cold war gone hot scenario. It will have almost as many voice overs as my previous campaigns put together. Even more Easter Eggs, unexpected events, player decisions, 80s pop culture references and other goodies. It's so heavily story driven, that each member of VF-84 will have a personality on their own, you'll get to know them, and they'll become your friends, I guarantee. It will be as if Top Gun 2 came out as an unusually realistic HBO/ Netflix miniseries, with you as the main character.

I'll post more bits and pieces about the progress in the upcoming months. Until then, here are the titles of the 13 "chapters", to give you an idea:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221305&stc=1&d=1574086017

FTB_Chapters.thumb.jpg.64fa3bfa502928846e233b77facb237f.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds fantastic mate, I can't wait to see a new campaign for the Cat, as there aren't many around. I'm happy to help test when available.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Great News. After flying your other campaigns, I have no doubt, I will enjoy this. The Tomcat was also my first love-affair with aviation. And I just ordered my F-14 Grip from Virpil - ... I'm ready for switching to guns! Really looking forward to it!

I was super stoked to see your reactions to the announcement of my upcoming "Fear the Bones!" F-14A campaign. It looks like you guys are looking forward to it as much as I am. To add some JP-5 to the fire, I'd like to let you know that I'll be cooperating with New Arcades (Outland), a kick-ass synthwave band, who kindly let me use a song from their new album "Returning Home". It will not only be the soundtrack of the trailer, but also pop up here and there during the campaign. It will bring you right back to the 80s, guaranteed. Have a listen, and guess which track I chose :)

http://outlandrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/returning-home

https://web.facebook.com/newarcades/

https://web.facebook.com/outlandsynth/

a4202787283_16.jpg

What makes a campaign immersive? I believe it's all about the little details. I updated some of the voiceovers in "The Big Show" campaign, and thanks to our one and only Philstyle, Al Deere has a Kiwi accent now. To be released in one of the upcoming updates.

Check out this little preview video, and follow my page for more updates:

https://web.facebook.com/reflectedsimulations/videos/2337026803278762

For my upcoming "Hunters over the Yalu" F-86 campaign, I redesigned the briefing and kneeboard images. I used a chalkboard in my WW2 campaigns, and this time I wanted something different. I added some flight gear such as an L-2a jacket, a squadron patch, sunglasses and A-10 winter flying gloves for the sake of the Korean war atmosphere. You'll also have different coffee mug stains and USAF stamps on each one. How do you like it? I can't wait for it to be released so you guys can give it a try.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222124&stc=1&d=1575247386

0101.jpg.34d5ab56a63c93dd0b66cf18f93d1948.jpg

Hey Reflected, they look brilliant mate. Very authentic looking and a good fit for the time period and theatre.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

... I can't wait for it to be released so you guys can give it a try.

:) I'm also looking forward to it, even more than the one on the Tomcat, as I just love older planes.

I had another idea that lead me to update my WW2 campaigns. When 70+ B-17s drop their bombs on a target, there's a lot of explosions and craters, then a bunch of stock small fire effects. This is a bit underwhelming, and doesn't do justice to the devastation after an air raid. Therefore, I managed to trigger some big fire effects once the bombs hit the ground, in order to make it all look more convincing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222557&stc=1&d=1575810364

attachment.php?attachmentid=222558&stc=1&d=1575810364

Screen_191203_093405.thumb.png.c18271dc68b80f18f1093c824745b5ac.png

Screen_191203_093107.thumb.png.0d60722d76f8429ee0f3c601c8daff9c.png

Thanks to you (and Baltic Dragon) for keep improving and updating your Campaigns ... it's a pleasure to be able to buy and fly your Campaigns :)

@Rudel: Thanks! On one hand I enjoy updating and polishing them. On the other hand it makes total sense: since I released my first campaign I learned hundreds of new tricks and had just as many new ideas. So what if I left them in the state they were released? Then, if someone bought my first campaign now, he'd conclude that it's the quality I can offer, and that the new ones would be the same. Which would be wrong, because I'm getting more and more practice as a mission maker. So I try and make sure the old ones are up to the newest standards as much as possible.

@Golani: Thank you for purchasing it, I hope you'll enjoy the missions. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!

I re-tested The Big Show's 6th mission today, and found a bug: the attack planes start to fly erratically at 100 kts or less then crash after dropping their bombs. Not sure what change intoduced this behavior, but I managed to squash it and send the updated file to ED. I hope it won't be too late for the next update. :joystick:

Since all my current projects are in a "waiting" phase, I had time to re-fly some WWII missions, and fine tune them a bit.

For starters, I added more targets of opportunity in the post D-day missions of both BNBOB and The Big Show.

In Jagdflieger, I boosted the D-day landings a bit with more fighting, explosions and whatnot. I also made the post D-day Carpiquet look more dramatic after the visit from the USAAF. Wrecks, dead bodies, smoke, ruins, and the sound of artillery in the distance.

Last but not least, in Jagdflieger, there are times when you're not supposed to engage the enemy. Either beause your mechanic is squeezed into the fuselage behind you as you transfer to Evreux, or simply because it would be 2 vs 20. I managed to set up the triggers, so that the player remains undetected if he stays low, but if he's not careful and flies too high, the enemy flights will notice him and engage. That will not end well, believe me.

I hope I managed to submit these just in time, keep an eye out for the changelog. Fingers crossed!

On the way back home from a Yalu sweep the 39th Fighter Interceptor Squadron's young Lieutenant Ed Pell got overly excited, and improvised a song for everyone's entertainment. This wasn't his first time clogging up the frequency, so the Major (that's you, the player) grounded him. What will happen next? You'll soon find out from my upcoming F-86 Sabre campaign, "Hunters over the Yalu".

"Yankee Doodle went to town

a-riding on a Sabre

stuck six Brownings in its nose

and called it the MIG killer

Yankee Doodle keep it up

Yankee Doodle dandy

mind the ammo and the fuel

and with the stick be handy"

VIDEO:

https://web.facebook.com/reflectedsimulations/videos/1026543554363141