Mission 9

Hi Loving Raven One Campaign I really am. but there's so much not explained like all the RT froim various sources like Strike etc.. So I find myself really not knowing what I'm doing a lot of the time. I do want to learn it but would be very happy if some of the RT was sent in a seperate file or something. Anyway on mission 9 I clear the helo's coming in then come back to Venom. He gives me co ordinates for targets he wants us to take out but when I put them in via the waypoint function on the left DDI it shows literally nothing. Both targets co-ords don't show any targets. then lots of RT with no explanation of what any of it means. then we try and get them out of there, again more target co ordinates use target designate with the pod and it finds nothing again. then it turns out after flying round and round for 20 minutes the APC is nowhere near them. by the time I found them I'was too low on fuel and now I'm going to have to try this mission for the 4 th time. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me as it's driving me mad!

Same here, mission 9s 2nd set of targets is closer to the airfield than the coordinates provided, which seems to be a container park, the container park is south of the actual target

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

ah and because its not a real JTAC, i have to do the conversion by hand rather than relying on the mod ... got it... or set the jet correctly!

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ah, that figures. Like you aren't busy enough in the cockpit as it is anyway. And the possibility of a calculation error on top of that... Really goes to show why only the very best can become fighter pilots!

Compared to the guy on the ground who has been awake for days, is dirty, dehydrated and can’t lift his head because of the incoming fire, the pilot is in a much better position! He’s well fed, well rested, and not pinned down by enemy fire.

Having been the dude on the ground and the dude in the air on 4 deployments, the pilot gig is the better one! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Compared to the guy on the ground who has been awake for days, is dirty, dehydrated and can’t lift his head because of the incoming fire, the pilot is in a much better position! He’s well fed, well rested, and not pinned down by enemy fire.

Having been the dude on the ground and the dude in the air on 4 deployments, the pilot gig is the better one! :pilotfly:

Yeah, I don't dispute that!

• 2 months later...

Actually guys you can enter the coordinates in the UFC with either decimal minutes or minutes + seconds. If you go to the A/C tab in the HSI sub menu you can set the entry type there. No need to do calculations or use apps to do it. Check the DATA Option Sublevel in the official manual page 126 as of time of writing.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

... and this has been done on purpose. I like to make people learn new things when flying my campaigns

Good...
But is there a source to learn how to convert?
I passed this particular mission finding targets with the tpod.
And tought that the coordinates were just for the general area of the target.
Actually guys you can enter the coordinates in the UFC with either decimal minutes or minutes + seconds. If you go to the A/C tab in the HSI sub menu you can set the entry type there. No need to do calculations or use apps to do it. Check the DATA Option Sublevel in the official manual page 126 as of time of writing.

Thanks, I made my post earlier without reading this answer.
Very well.

In the 11th mission I encountered a similar issue (don’t want to spoiler here)...so I had to rely on the wingman to do the job, and after he had hit a target i found the
other ones with the TPOD...there the given coordinates seemed to be the precise ones, but again when set in a waypoint (with precise set) it was in the middle of nowhere.
Would like to know which kind of conversion was needed there?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 month later...

I too would be grateful if someone could explain this in a bit more depth please. Venom only gives you 6 numbers per north and east and elevation. How am I supposed to get accurate 8 digit/precise coordinates out of that? He gave me 16ft N 25 54 00 E 54 32 55. That was a few football fields away from the targets. How could I have turned that into something more precise??

• 8 months later...
On 2/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, Arbil said:

I too would be grateful if someone could explain this in a bit more depth please. Venom only gives you 6 numbers per north and east and elevation. How am I supposed to get accurate 8 digit/precise coordinates out of that? He gave me 16ft N 25 54 00 E 54 32 55. That was a few football fields away from the targets. How could I have turned that into something more precise??

Converting is not too difficult @VirusAM & @Arbil😉
Just divide the 'seconds' number that the JTAC gives you by 6 to get the 'decimals'.

N25 54 00 --> 00/6 = 0              --> N25 54.00
E54 32 55  --> 55/6 = 9(.1666)   --> E54 32.92

Regards,
Sylvain

Edited by Sylle

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300