Mission 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission 9

Hi Loving Raven One Campaign I really am. but there's so much not explained like all the RT froim various sources like Strike etc.. So I find myself really not knowing what I'm doing a lot of the time. I do want to learn it but would be very happy if some of the RT was sent in a seperate file or something. Anyway on mission 9 I clear the helo's coming in then come back to Venom. He gives me co ordinates for targets he wants us to take out but when I put them in via the waypoint function on the left DDI it shows literally nothing. Both targets co-ords don't show any targets. then lots of RT with no explanation of what any of it means. then we try and get them out of there, again more target co ordinates use target designate with the pod and it finds nothing again. then it turns out after flying round and round for 20 minutes the APC is nowhere near them. by the time I found them I'was too low on fuel and now I'm going to have to try this mission for the 4 th time. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me as it's driving me mad!

Same here, mission 9s 2nd set of targets is closer to the airfield than the coordinates provided, which seems to be a container park, the container park is south of the actual target
    SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Apparently it's to do with the way the Hornet displays co ordinates. it does it in degrees minutes and decimal minutes. JTAC's give it in degrees minutes and seconds. apparrently if you convert it, the co ords bring you the correct target. :-)

Comment

ah and because its not a real JTAC, i have to do the conversion by hand rather than relying on the mod ... got it... or set the jet correctly!
        Last edited 10-22-2020, 04:59 AM.
        SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

This really shows why units of measurement are important...
          In real life I would just radio back to the JTAC and ask him to convert the coordinates. Or at least specify the format. Not possible with a computer, sadly...

Comment

Rain mentions exactky this in one of the recent episodes of his podcast - they (pilots) had to do the maths themselves.

Comment

Ah, that figures. Like you aren't busy enough in the cockpit as it is anyway. And the possibility of a calculation error on top of that... Really goes to show why only the very best can become fighter pilots!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkku View Post
                Ah, that figures. Like you aren't busy enough in the cockpit as it is anyway. And the possibility of a calculation error on top of that... Really goes to show why only the very best can become fighter pilots!
                Compared to the guy on the ground who has been awake for days, is dirty, dehydrated and can’t lift his head because of the incoming fire, the pilot is in a much better position! He’s well fed, well rested, and not pinned down by enemy fire.

Having been the dude on the ground and the dude in the air on 4 deployments, the pilot gig is the better one!
                Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman1330 View Post

Compared to the guy on the ground who has been awake for days, is dirty, dehydrated and can’t lift his head because of the incoming fire, the pilot is in a much better position! He’s well fed, well rested, and not pinned down by enemy fire.

Having been the dude on the ground and the dude in the air on 4 deployments, the pilot gig is the better one!
                  Yeah, I don't dispute that!

Comment

Working...
                  X