Mission 7 issues

phillik747

Mission 7 is acting odd and seems the triggers aren't hit.

After we are told to resume the mission the script plays out and we head to wp1. I enter a right hand orbit and she goes in for the mark. She replies back that the mark is on the deck and flys off to the west in a shallow rate of descent until about 100' over the water and then full AB back to an orbit. She never rolls in to drop the mk20's. The mark then 'burns' out and we continue to orbit. I've tried dropping my mk20's on the spot to see if it helps. I orbit at angles 15 5nm SE from wp1.

DCS version 2.5.6.55363

Thank you.

I loaded the mission as a single mission to test. Let me know if I should try differently.

Psycho departed before comms check. After I was ready to launch she was already in marshall. When I turned to intercept the Mig29's she trapped at the boat. The audio clips still played out while I turned to WP1.

Thanks again. I read the book and really enjoyed flying the missions and knowing the back stories. Bravo Zulu! I'm currently reading Declared Hostile.

I'm having the same issue with Psycho, been orbiting overhead WP1 for a while and nothing, we are about to both run out of fuel haha

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

This is a bug introduced to AI behaviour with the last update. I am trying to fix this ans if all goes well I will upload a working version of the mission today.

Thanks for the quick fix, when you post it please also tell me how to edit the campaing to be on the next mission after I fly it

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Thanks for the quick fix, when you post it please also tell me how to edit the campaing to be on the next mission after I fly it

Here is how you can fix the progress manually after completing each mission:

1. Find your logbook (C:\Users\User_Name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor) file.

2. Open it with text editor (I'd strongly suggest to use Notepad ++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/)

3. Make the backup of the Logbook

4. Scroll down to Raven One campaign entry.

5. Under ["fileList"] find the highest bracketed number - this is where you have to make your edit to progress

6. Change mission name under ["mission"] to "R1 M##.miz" (example: "R1 M08.miz") depending where do you want to progress to. You may want to also change the result of the previous mission to 100 (it will be something low, so it's better to fix your score).

7. Save and close - you should be good to go.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

@panther I dont want to jump to the next mission, rather I want to be able to fly all the missions

Was answering the post directly above my post.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

This is now fixed, please try this file:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312402/

Thanks for the quick fix, I'll check it out later today and report back

Mission worked fine, followed the editing tutorial but couldn't get campaing to load 8

Hi. Still having problems with this mission. I downloaded the fix, and it does fix the issue mentioned in the OP. The problem I am having is with the radios, when you are supposed to switch to Tactical freq on Aux radio. Something is wrong here as I am doing what I am supposed to, but can't hear anything. Pretty sure the instructions are wrong or the radio presets are messed up. Pretty frustrating to be honest.

Hey ndecaro. So you get back to CH1 on COMM 2 (or CH4 on COMM 1) and still get no radio reply? I had a few people reporting they finished the mission without an issue and had all comms working properly, so I suspect a user error here... but I will double check of course.

Hi Baltic Dragon. I just went back and replayed it again, and I was right. The radios are messed up. I included some pictures. Thanks.

Screen_200928_140718.thumb.png.223dc152c543919c0523aac364513e6e.png

Screen_200928_141039.thumb.png.3ad2748388129287323b16c110bd613e.png