Mission 11 bug: Flankers crash immediately

N22YF

In Mission 11, the Flankers crash immediately after spawning - see this screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=249324&stc=1&d=1601855836

I have a track file, but it's 13 MB, which is too big to attach here, so let me know if you'd like me to share it another way.

Also, a (presumably) unrelated minor bug in the same mission: the radio discussions about the Fulcrums still come up even if you destroy them right away.

I'm running 2.5.6.52437.

Flankers-destroyed.jpg.22718ddab57696f3990c9707528b7066.jpg

Hi N22YF,

Thanks for the report. These guys seem to be having a hard time lately, I had to adjust their flight path a couple weeks ago as well.

Can you confirm whether or not you were using time acceleration at the time when the crash occured?

If you attempted a second playthrough, did the same aircraft crash on additional attempts?

Thanks!

No time acceleration!

I actually had to play this mission three times (it was unclear to me the first two times that I was supposed to engage the Fulcrums, and I ended up getting shot down trying to avoid them :(), and the Flankers crashed immediately the same way each of those three playthroughs.

(Also, while we're talking about Mission 11, another minor issue is some of the subtitles fade away too quickly, before the voiceovers have finished. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of which, exactly, but I think some were during takeoff.)

Hmm..odd these particular jets are acting up again so soon after their flight plans were just adjusted, but it certainly sounds like a consistent problem.

I'll do some testing with my current master version, to make sure an older file wasn't accidentally included in this patch, and if the issue persists I'll adjust their flight plans and send ED a new version to include in the next update. I'll keep an eye out for the subtitle issue as well.

Thanks!

Hmm..odd these particular jets are acting up again so soon after their flight plans were just adjusted, but it certainly sounds like a consistent problem.

Great! Since I'm still on 2.5.6.52437 (the current stable release), is it possible I didn't get that update yet, or that the update fixed things in the open beta but broke things in the stable release?

Great! Since I'm still on 2.5.6.52437 (the current stable release), is it possible I didn't get that update yet, or that the update fixed things in the open beta but broke things in the stable release?

Well, last stable update is from 07-24-2020 but there's no way beta updates touch your stable version.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well, last stable update is from 07-24-2020 but there's no way beta updates touch your stable version.

Ah good point! It didn't occur to me that the campaign updates are downloaded only with DCS version updates (which is obvious now that I think about it). So then if the flight paths were adjusted only a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have gotten that adjustment yet.