Radio Menu Navigation Binds

rexehuk

Something that ruins immersion for me, is the radio menu. Having to reach for my mouse when I have so many buttons I could use on HOTAS is the one annoyance.

The wish?

- Ability to navigate the radio menus, with visual cursor/caret

- Button Bind for Next Item

- Button Bind for Previous Item

- Button Bind for Enter item

Why?

Binding this to something like a encoder input (as per Virpil throttles) would allow fast navigation of menus, to perform tasks like refuel calls completely hands on stick.

• Like 1

Something that ruins immersion for me, is the radio menu. Having to reach for my mouse when I have so many buttons I could use on HOTAS is the one annoyance.

The wish?

- Ability to navigate the radio menus, with visual cursor/caret

- Button Bind for Next Item

- Button Bind for Previous Item

- Button Bind for Enter item

Why?

Binding this to something like a encoder input (as per Virpil throttles) would allow fast navigation of menus, to perform tasks like refuel calls completely hands on stick.

Exactly this has already been proposed/suggested in countless threads here. Yet, I don't believe ED ever officially responded to this or any of the other suggestions to make the radio menu operable without letting go of the throttle and stick.

I too wish we had something like this and, although I'm not in the software development business, this can't be rocket science to implement, is it?

Ok, I'll leave room now for the people that are going to suggest you to use voice control :music_whistling:

(Here's my reaction in advance :P: For some of us, voice control is not an option)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 3 years later...

Shouldn't be too hard to make. 4 buttons (aforementioned and go back button) for the general settings to work with all modules. VoiceAttack really is not the solution to this.

This is actually available now. Check it out 👍

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5