The EC135 Helikopter

Alita

I do not understand why there is no helicopter like the EC135 in the DCS?

It is a wonderful helicopter and can be flown very well, other simulators offer this helicopter for a long time, also special missions like the medical emergency service are offered.

There are also other missions which are not always related to weapons and shooting, why do you always have to shoot?

I have not found a topic for wishes here and therefore I would like to see this wonderful helicopter EC135 on my wish list and consider it.

The DCS always goes in one direction around the war, which makes it uninteresting in the long run. It is time to go in a different direction in the simulation.

I like flying DCS, but it's getting less and less interesting, DCS should go in several directions, not just one.

Thanks for understanding

Christophorus.thumb.jpg.45ad504c360f027c041d994f71c6ac4a.jpg

Edited by Alita
  • Like 4

Why do you always have to shoot?

Because this is the Digital Combat Simulator, not the MS Flight Simulator ;)

Because of that I don't really see a place for the EC135 in DCS.

Maybe the Airbus H145M / UH-72 Lakota, which is based on the EC145 might be an option.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You have just contradicted yourself, the military actually has EC135 in its program.

Obviously you only have shooting and nothing else, there are other people with other needs, not only you.

The picture that was posted proves it.

the DCs has become very monotonous in the long run Uninteresting

Besides, I'm not talking about UH-72 or EC145, don't twist the subject.

Here one lives only in a black and white world, that is very sad this view

[uSER=107586]razo+r[/uSER] That's how I see it too,at least the Ec135 module

I would buy EC135 immediately, because it makes sense, EC145 is a bit too modern already less is often more.

There are also civilian aircraft in the DCS that have military simulations, the DCS is only military that is not really an excuse.

Other simulators have long since combined everything military and civilian, it would also bring more customers and new never hurts.

Edited by Alita

I don't see any problems with adding unarmed anything to DCS, even as a full module. The TF-51, C-101EB, Yak-52 and CE2 are all unarmed, and the latter is purely civilian.

That said, while I wouldn't say no to the EC135, for a purely unarmed helicopter, I'd rather see an Agusta A109A/E/K/LUH, just out of personal preference, especially if we could get functional rescue hoists/winches.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It would be fine if at least the EC135 module was available. I would have bought it immediately, this helicopter makes sense, it was built especially for this purpose and is known for its perfection, I have flown it in X-Plane, this fantastic feeling of landing and the precision this helicopter has deserves to be bought.

The EC145 is too modern and would reduce the actual learning of self-flying, but the EC135 fits perfectly.

@Northstar98

That's why I say yes, it's time for change, why not build in rescue missions? There are many people who would be interested in something like this, and DCs would get new customers.

It would help everyone.

Edited by Alita

Not sure if you have realized it yet but there is a long list of other aircraft that keep getting requested in these forums that people want more than anything else. So you can probably take into account that they are already at the top of Eagle Dynamics and the other 3rd parties list too.

Some of those top request aircraft that are helicopters are:

AH-64 Apache

CH-47 Chinook

UH-60 Black Hawk

AH-1 Cobra

CH-53E Super Stallion

I am all for some diversity but until those helicopters get made first, I don’t see the developers in any rush to make what you want when there is a bigger demand for other helicopters. How ever there could be a chance of it getting made into a module if someone were to contract ED to make them a simulator of the EC135. That is reason we have certain modules like the YAK-52.

The only pure search and rescue helicopters I can realistically see getting made in the near future are what is found aboard ships to rescue downed pilots like the SH-60F Sea Hawk or SH-3 Sea King/HH-52 Seagurad.

Also keep in mind that even if ED or any of the other developers wanted to do an EC135 they would have to be granted a license by Eurocopter first.

435047387_US_Navy_090330-N-5134D-367_A_search_and_rescue_swimmer_jumps_from_an_SH-60F_Sea_Hawk_helic-_5_at_Naval_Air_Station_Whiting_Field_in_Milton2C_Fla.thumb.jpg.ab85106b5d4f513348fd5eccbd42e6aa.jpg

It's always just the same demand for war helicopters other users with different needs are simply not considered and this is not okay, DCS only moves in one direction

although there are several directions.

As for helicopters, DCS is very weak and offers little choice.

Concerning the Eurocopter license I have to ask how did DCS manage to get the other licenses? I think there is always a way if you really want it.

I understand that it takes time, but I do not understand that it is impossible.

For a transport helo, I'd rather have the UH-60 or a CH-53. The former, and the latter, well, who wouldn't like to hop into a Super Jolly Green and pluck some unlucky fighter jocks out of danger. :)

I wouldn't mind an Eurocopter, but for civilian helos in particular, the Huey and a Blackhawk-derived S-70 would do just fine IMO. In particular, Bell 205 (which is pretty much the UH-1H sans the military bits) and its variants are ubiquitous in the civilian helo world.

You can't expect DCS to change their focus from military aircraft because that has always been their focus since they started. Even their name tells you that their main focus is military aircraft. Digital Combat Simulator.

Even when non-combat military aircraft get requested here there is a push back from like half of the community because they feel like that would just delay the development of other combat aircraft that are missing in DCS. Only in recent years has DCS been able to grow their offerings thanks to more supporters and 3rd parties making all these modules. And that is mostly due to the expense and time it takes to make a high fidelity module. So if they are going to invest that much time and money into the development of a module they want to make sure it sells well enough to at least break even.

It's always just the same demand for war helicopters other users with different needs are simply not considered and this is not okay, DCS only moves in one direction

although there are several directions.

Sorry, but I can only repeat myself: DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator.

There are oher flight sims for general aviation out there.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sorry, but I can only repeat myself: DCS stands for Digital Combat Simulator.

There are oher flight sims for general aviation out there.

There are also EC135 helicopters in the military not only civilian - that is no excuse not to build the EC135.

Your excuse does not fit.

You can't expect DCS to change their focus from military aircraft because that has always been their focus since they started. Even their name tells you that their main focus is military aircraft. Digital Combat Simulator.

Even when non-combat military aircraft get requested here there is a push back from like half of the community because they feel like that would just delay the development of other combat aircraft that are missing in DCS. Only in recent years has DCS been able to grow their offerings thanks to more supporters and 3rd parties making all these modules. And that is mostly due to the expense and time it takes to make a high fidelity module. So if they are going to invest that much time and money into the development of a module they want to make sure it sells well enough to at least break even.

You are twisting my words I didn't say the DCS should turn away from the military I also said to consider several directions, that's a difference.

There are also EC135 helicopters in the military not only civilian - that is no excuse not to build the EC135.

Minor nitpick, EC-635 is the version in use by military. I believe if the suggestion used that name it would get more traction. EC-135 is exclusively civilian. There's no practical difference, AFAIK, it's probably just a matter of paperwork.

Minor nitpick, EC-635 is the version in use by military. I believe if the suggestion used that name it would get more traction. EC-135 is exclusively civilian. There's no practical difference, AFAIK, it's probably just a matter of paperwork.

Ok then we agree on the model EC-635,

with this model it would be fine.

Therefore I put the model EC-635 on my wish list.

It is good if several model helicopters are built in DCS.

Who will help with his vote for the Model EC-635 ?

Thanks for your help

Your excuse does not fit.

I was just explaining why people here always think about war helicopters, as you wondered about that. If the EC135 is used by the military that's fine of course, but you should not be suprised that players of the Digital Combat Simulator have war helicopters on their mind.

It's always just the same demand for war helicopters other users with different needs are simply not considered and this is not okay,

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm sure whoever flies this helicopter will like it, and the helicopter will also find many friends.

It convinces by its precision in flight and leaves a very good feeling and has a unique reaction in flight, it was also built especially for this purpose.

That is why I am voting for the construction of the EC-635.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This would be cool! I'd see it as another Huey, the US Army in real life uses the UH-72 which is the militarized version of the EC145 to train rotary wing aviators.

It'd be quite nice to have a UH-72 in the game, and we could better learn flying and practice our skills, as well as doing realistic IFR because the UH-72 is capable of that.

Also what Draconus said is wrong, HPG from MSFS has already made a working H145 with accurate avionics. Trust me if they could do it ED could 100% The sad thing is ED will probably never take this into actual consideration, so we can keep dreaming.

Edited by Coeptus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Coeptus said:

Also what Draconus said is wrong, HPG from MSFS has already made a working H145 with accurate avionics. Trust me if they could do it ED could 100%

ED/DCS has much higher standards for flight models, 3D models and systems simulation, so I'm not sure how is it 100%. They need full docs, license, manufacturer and SME cooperation.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

19 minutes ago, draconus said:

ED/DCS has much higher standards for flight models, 3D models and systems simulation, so I'm not sure how is it 100%. They need full docs, license, manufacturer and SME cooperation.

I can't speak for the realism of the HPG flight model(probably more down to MSFS physics engine that the helicopter it's.

But I am quite sure HPG Has all the docs and licences needed. It's a pretty high quality product.

ED must seriously up the helicopter stuff before it's worth getting the H415 or similar modual in DCS,  DCS would need support for fully animated crew and troops, working winches, all that kinda stuff. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

9 hours ago, draconus said:

The EC145 or UH-72 Lakota isn't the F-22 Raptor, a module like that could be finished in probably under 1-2 years with the help of HPG. An SME could be a aviator in the army, a civilian, or a HEMS personnel. That's how common the EC145 is, I don't get why you couldn't see it.

Edited by Coeptus
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Coeptus said:

The EC145 or UH-72 Lakota isn't the F-22 Raptor, a module like that could be finished in probably under 1-2 years with the help of HPG. An SME could be a aviator in the army, a civilian, or a HEMS personnel. That's how common the EC145 is, I don't get why you couldn't see it.

Look, I'm not against it. I just want you to be more realistic about the DCS module development and believe the devs that it takes much more time. This all has to be done: 3D model, liveries, cockpit, systems, FM, DM, weapons, manual, missions... If HPG wanted they are free to become a 3rd party developer for DCS... but they didn't.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 10/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, razo+r said:

And yet, we have a Christen Eagle in DCS...

Which really doesn’t make sense…

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5