saved games dcs folder vs main game dcs folder

Bob1

The sound folder has been kind of locked in the main game folder but the structure is still there inside the coding somehow if I understand it right. There is a txt file with the structure in dcs doc folder that you can use for modding sounds in saved games dcs folder. I would like to suggest that you release the full sound folder with all the sound files inside the saved games dcs folder so people can have the same access to the sound files as they have for many years now. You can still keep the sound files in main game dcs folder coded and hidden but in the saved games folder we should have the folder structures with all the sound files as it was before. As it is now it is much more difficult to tinker with sound files and make small mods. I hope you can read my suggestion with understanding and realize that a txt file is not a good remedy for the removal of the sound files inside main game dcs folder. I thank you in advance.

ED sound files are their intellectual property, and having them out in the open led to a lot of abuse. You can still create sound Mods, but you will have to provide your own original sound samples.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

ED sound files are their intellectual property, and having them out in the open led to a lot of abuse. You can still create sound Mods, but you will have to provide your own original sound samples.

This I didnt know, thank you for clearing that up. Having access to the sound files, its sdef and structures made it quite an easy task to create something myself but now with only the txt file in the docs folder as a guide makes it very difficult....but...if its as you say then thats it for easy modding. I used the original sound files to go back and forth to hear what I wanted to change. Thanks for answering. Now I can put this to rest, ha ha ha, the new folder system was giving me quite an itch.