US Navy Fighters

Devil 505

Well Gents,

It looks like we have a pretty good size of Naval assets inbound. HB has not confirmed it, but I think the A-6 is a very strong possibility for a future module, given the fact they said they would like to make it happen. I believe there was something posted when they first released the teaser video of the AI model that said they were building as if they were creating a full module until they got the approval.

Moving on Magnitude is making progress with the F-8 Crusader which is shaping up nicely. Really looking forward to this one.

As posted in the newest weekly update, FlyingIron Simulations is crushing the A-7E. I absolutely cant wait to take her up the first time and bring her back on deck. REALLY looking forward to this one.

Then we have HB releasing the A model F-14 soon. And we cannot leave out Razbams bad ass Harrier (Even though she is technically Marines) the Navy is her dad.

So this begs the big question. What does the community want to see for the Navy next? I think we can all agree the F-4 is the big girl missing from the picture. But what about others? I love the community A-4 module, but I would really like to see an EFM module of the A-4D done correctly for the Navy. And we cannot leave out the A-1 Skyraider.

With the Navy getting thoroughly fleshed out in the future, are there more modules you would like to see? I personally think it will be time soon to turn towards more Navy Helos. Possibly the H-46 Sea Knight, Sikorsky H-3, Sikorsky Sea King, Seasprite, Sikorsky H-52, SH-60 Sea Hawk ect...

What are your thoughts about Navy modules going forward?

• Like 1

I think a SH/UH-60 Blackhawk module, with its various Army/Navy/Civvy derivatives would be a really versatile module, I'm sure it's only a matter of time on that one.

Similarly, the F4 has incredibly broad appeal, given its service with the USAF/USN/USMC, not to mention export versions for the RAF/FAA, Israel, Germany, Greece etc.

One module I would love to see (but will probably never happen) is the RA-5 Vigilante. A very fast and technologically advanced (and surprisingly agile) big strike aircraft, though admittedly with a very short service life, especially in the strike role as designed.

That said, I think the USN is pretty well represented in DCS, with the F18 & F14, F8 and A7 and maybe A6 on the cards.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

A helo would be very nice, so I'd love to have the sh60. For naval aircraft while any new addition would be nice (f4), I personally would prefer having resources set on developing other aircraft because, as you said, we already have a pretty good size of naval assets. This is just my personal opinion of course.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

According to the latest information from wags, it's not possible to get F/A-18F Rhino, so I wanna get HH-60H Seahawk.
Iirc he said that ED has no plans for a Super Hornet but in the future there is may a 3rd party which will make a Rhino

Iirc he said that ED has no plans for a Super Hornet but in the future there is may a 3rd party which will make a Rhino

:book: Currently, it seems the ONLY hope that fly a High-fidelity F/A-18F developed by VRS for new Microsoft Flight Simulator beyond 2021. The VRS is working on F/A-18F Rhino for P3D in advance - they said it being available in late 2020 but I have no interest in P3D due to its poor graphics.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

:book: Currently, it seems the ONLY hope that fly a High-fidelity F/A-18F developed by VRS for new Microsoft Flight Simulator beyond 2021. The VRS is working on F/A-18F Rhino for P3D in advance - they said it being available in late 2020 but I have no interest in P3D due to its poor graphics.
Hopefully VRS will be a 3rd Party developer for DCS as well in near future (one can dream ). I have no intention flying the Rhino outside of DCS due to lack of combat capability either in MSFS nor P3D.

Hopefully VRS will be a 3rd Party developer for DCS as well in near future (one can dream ). I have no intention flying the Rhino outside of DCS due to lack of combat capability either in MSFS nor P3D.

Certainly... over all software capabilities of new Microsoft Flight Simulator is a big problem.

As far as I known, gameplay/experience capabilities are not only troubles, but the bigger capability issue is "add-on" installation/update matter.

I'd love the F-4. I mean... it's the F-4. :) It's been everywhere, done everything, and is still flying today. :)

I do have a soft spot for the Super Hornet, one of the first sims I've flown was the F/A-18 Super Hornet, I think from 2001 or something. Not all that advanced, but a big step up in cockpit realism from the old Novalogic sims. If VRS made one for DCS, I'd probably go for it, but TBH, I'm more interested in older planes.

I would not mind seeing the Grumman Panther. It would be a nice addition to our Korean era aircraft. With the Corsair on the way, the F-86, and the MiG-15, we are shaping up for the North Korean conflict. There are also a few Helos to compliment that time period too. The H-19, H-5, H-25, and the Mash H-13.

• Like 1

A-4M and F-4S for 1980s scenarios. The A-4M would bridge the gap between the older Cold War tech and the later stuff that found its way into the Harrier II. In fact, the ARBS optical bomb computing system in the Harrier II traces its lineage to the A-4M. Therefore, the A-4M offers a significant option for accurate bombing in scenarios that predate the F/A-18's use of optical pods. While an A-6E might be a little onerous and difficult to correctly implement, the A-4M effectively bridges much of the missing gap.

F-4S over the F-4E, because the Echo would be a waste of plane because it can't land on carriers. Who would even want it?

But, I've been thinking a simple NATO aircraft with broad appeal would be the F-5A as it served into the 1990s and offers a simple and historical option for most parts of the world. Probably more than even the MiG-21.

Edited by exhausted
  • Like 1

How about a Banshee.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Not likely to happen anytime soon.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would like to see other aircraft type on carrier decks that would bring a new type capability and interest in DCS such as the E-2 Hawkeye.

I always see comments around of people that are not particularly interested in combat missions but would love to just fly around providing support in something like a Hawkeye.

Here is one such quote I saw on youtube.

"Would love to see an E-3 Hawkeye join us in DCS. Being a Commercial pilot, that would make my day. All this Hornet stuff is far too stressful. LOL"

4SU66C3DJFGBRHKVPRQLGNXTYU.jpg

Another good support aircraft would be the KA-6D which is the A-6 tanker variant when we get the Intruder.

Each squadron was equipped with three or four of them and they were often swapped (cross-decked) from carrier to carrier as one returned from deployment and another departed.This was due because there were not enough of them to go around.

KA-6_F-14_DN-ST-87-10386.jpg

Check out this movie clip from the Final Countdown where KA-6D refuel some thirsty Tomcats.

Edited by Evoman

The F-4 Phantom II is an obvious choice- I would like at least three versions of the F-4.

B, D, E. Phantom Mk 2, and if possible the G.

A-1 Skyraider, Fh2 Banchee, FJ Fury, A-6.

F4F, F6F, TBF and SBD

Some AI assets I want to see added first we need the A-3 Skywarior as well as the B-66, A-4 and while it is a bit OT for the tread, some more ships.

I'd like to start by saying that I'm only really interested in modern/semi-modern naval ops. Our current carrier fleet uses the Nimitz class and even carriers that underwent their RCOH and I'd like to see new content supporting that. To that end, my first choice would be a Rhino. Barring that, I'd actually like to see some some mission support aircraft, such as the E-2 or an EW bird, once such tech becomes reasonably well represented in DCS.

Realistically monitoring the battlefield in an E-2, calling out contacts, tasking different flights etc is something that is definitely missing from the DCS MP space. For EW, the EA-6B is currently retired and if info is available for it, it'd be a great addition, especially if the IADS module NineLine mentioned is going to happen. And there is definitely enough info to model EW in a more realistic manner, without needing to go into classified stuff.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Once ED fleshes out the naval warfare and especially submarine warfare parts, I'd totally love an anti-sub helo like a Seahawk. As was said the UH-60 has potential for the sim as a whole, but the SH-60 could open up a brand new aspect of it and find/fight submarines. Also SAR.

I don't especially want to call for yet another fighter, I'd rather see something new and help expend the types of missions that can be done.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I would love the intruder.The A1 also.But here's something different what about land based naval aircraft like the P-3B Orion or OV-10 Bronco? i would love a bronco it's my favourite aircraft from childhood.The wiki page for it is quite interesting saying that the navy sadly lost 7 aircraft in the vietnam war.It's a quite capable aircraft that can carry Rockets ,bombs a couple of gun choices like the M197 electric cannon and 4 7.62 machine guns and it even can carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder it has 5 fuselage and 2 underwing hardpoints .I would also love to see more logistical aircraft used to supply bases and carriers like the C2 greyhound. I get all giddy thinking about multiplayer (or singleplayer) scenarios where the carriers only have X resources and you must resupply them with whatever they need to complete the mission.All the while being protected by fighters from the carriers. More importance on the supply and logistics side of things would be great for immersion and bring in more of the Non combat flight simmers.I don't know if a A-5 Vigilante would be any good for DCS with its very limited load TBH.The F-4 Phantom and a A-4 Skyhawk would be a great addition .The coming aircraft are very exciting the A-7 Corsair the F-8 Crusader .And to top it all off a map of vietnam would be just fantastic.I could go on and on lol :thumbsup:

Edited by fatboy
Typo

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas.