Israeli developed missiles

CarbonFox

What about IDF air defences like Iron Dome w. EL/M-2084?

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

With the Syria map, it would be awesome to see some Israeli developed weapons.

Python 3/4/5

Derby missile

AGM-142 Popeye, etc.

The Python 3 is actually already in the DCS library as the Chinese PL-8.

I recall there was a mod by iafscx with the Python 3 for the F-15 but I'm not sure it includes the special "canted" pylon necessary for the F-15 due the the size of the rear fins of the missile.

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

I would give a Kidney for a Nesher or Kfir ;)

not sure what Pitkun would be able to use your kidney for. i dont even know what the kidney-to-shekel exchange rate is.

then.jpg

side_cam_01.jpg

cockpit_test_1.jpg

unknown.png

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Baco-

i would be cautious if i were you. i dont remember seeing anything about it in the forum rules, but i have a feeling trafficking in human organs -even your own- might be a bannable offense. perhaps Newey or 9L can weigh in on that?

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Baco-

i would be cautious if i were you. i dont remember seeing anything about it in the forum rules, but i have a feeling trafficking in human organs -even your own- might be a bannable offense. perhaps Newey or 9L can weigh in on that?

Its my body, my decision!, oops wrong forum LOL.....

Need any kind of Dassault 70´s delta right NOW! jajajaja Mirgae III, IV, Dagger, Nesher, Kfir, Cheetha, Panthera any!!! and all of course LOL

Its my body, my decision!, oops wrong forum LOL.....

Need any kind of Dassault 70´s delta right NOW! jajajaja Mirgae III, IV, Dagger, Nesher, Kfir, Cheetha, Panthera any!!! and all of course LOL

I would agree, if you wanna sell off body parts as scrap to get a module..well...theyre yours, you should be able to do what you want with them, but i figgered id pass on the warning. You never can be too careful

System:

Well for now its a MOD... I mean a full module, officially anounced... ;)

Well, if and when it gains the letters "ule" and goes from being a mod to a paid module, the sonic boom you hear will be the shekels launching themselves from my wallet in Piktun's direction

System:

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, ViFF said:

The Python 3 is actually already in the DCS library as the Chinese PL-8.

I recall there was a mod by iafscx with the Python 3 for the F-15 but I'm not sure it includes the special "canted" pylon necessary for the F-15 due the the size of the rear fins of the missile.

Cheers!

Hy, is there any mod for using Python 3 (PL-8) with F-16CM?

Python 4/5 would be super cool to have.  Not sure if there's really enough on it to get it 100% accurate but i'm sure that one could get enough info from cfd and approximations of its motor type to get something that would be somewhat close.  Spice though would be more work as, at least if bms is accurate, depends on additional functionality in the UFC and DED.  But would not be opposed to ED doing this.  Who knows maybe an F-16I as a future module would be nice.

The Python 4 and especially the 5 family are claimed to have advanced options such as Lock On After Launch (LOAL) and other nifty sensor, guidance and autopilot functions such as electro optic imaging and post merge full sphere launch ability that are simply impossible to get any reliable information about. Marketing materials of the OEM toting these abilities should not be considered reliable data. The fact of these missiles existence in any "other" software title claiming to be a "simulation" is simply a joke to their claim as there is no available data to simulate any of these attributes.

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

12 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

Python 4/5 would be super cool to have.  Not sure if there's really enough on it to get it 100% accurate but i'm sure that one could get enough info from cfd and approximations of its motor type to get something that would be somewhat close.  Spice though would be more work as, at least if bms is accurate, depends on additional functionality in the UFC and DED.  But would not be opposed to ED doing this.  Who knows maybe an F-16I as a future module would be nice.

Anything Israeli (and modern) is a no-go for DCS. Israeli aircraft are heavily modified inside and out, and no information is publicly available to simulate in detail (even cockpit shots are OPSEC). The closest thing is a stock US made aircraft with an Israeli livery.

It would be more reasonable to have Israeli assets as AI, with Python acting like Aim-9X, and Spice acting like JDAM.

Edited by BarTzi

• 1 year later...

Shafrir-1, -2, Python -3 might be possible. More modern are ridiculously classified due to Israeli policy.

This earlier, yet distinct Israeli made weapons would be great, to be honest I can see them being added to DCS together with some aircraft of that era which Israeli used being released. IDK, maybe F-15A or C, or F-16A,. Mirage III or typical Israeli one like Kfir, Lavi.

Our F-16C from 2007 would use Python-5, but we can safely forget about such missile as long as we don't want totally unrealistic generic weapon with close to zero in common with real life being added to DCS.

6 hours ago, bies said:

Shafrir-1, -2, Python -3 might be possible. More modern are ridiculously classified due to Israeli policy.

This earlier, yet distinct Israeli made weapons would be great, to be honest I can see them being added to DCS together with some aircraft of that era which Israeli used being released. IDK, maybe F-15A or C, or F-16A,. Mirage III or typical Israeli one like Kfir, Lavi.

Our F-16C from 2007 would use Python-5, but we can safely forget about such missile as long as we don't want totally unrealistic generic weapon with close to zero in common with real life being added to DCS.

We have Python 3. Deka added the Pl-8 a while ago. I just don’t think anything uses it. I’m curious how it compares to pl-5, aim-9l, magic II, and R-73.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:59 AM, F-2 said:

Python 5 might actually be accurate for our F-16

https://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article2044.html

also has anyone ever managed to use the Pl-8 in game? What’s it like? How does it compare?

The source doesn't say it definitely happened though.

While the title says "USAF to purchase 20 Python 5 missiles" making it sound like it's going to happen, the very next line reads: "...the USAF might buy twenty Python 5..." (emphasis mine).

Edited by Northstar98
spelling

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

The source doesn't say it definitely happened though.

While the title says "USAF to purchase 20 Python 5 missiles" making it sound like it's going to happen, the very next line reads: "...the USAF might buy twent Python 5..." (emphasis mine).

Oh yes yes. I said might but without the emphasis. But if it becomes known it could be interesting.