DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

Wednesday October 6th 2027.

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Fulcrum ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

While I would love to see full fidelity MiG-29 in DCS, I think this is little bit premature. Its not even confirmed yet, he only said that they are looking at possibility of doing it. About R-27, Chizh wrote recently on Russian forum that ED is now working on new weapons for F-16, and R-27 CFD will be done after it.

What exactly would a 29A provide to the sim? The only reason the FC3 one can be so effective is because it is dumbed down and easy to use. The pilot-machine interface and almost complete lack of hotas in the real thing would drive most people insane.

What exactly would a 29A provide to the sim? The only reason the FC3 one can be so effective is because it is dumbed down and easy to use. The pilot-machine interface and almost complete lack of hotas in the real thing would drive most people insane.

Exactly the same thing like MiG-21, F-5, F-86 etc. Interesting aircraft to fly with and fight with. Dont be a sissy. People like challenges and I dont think that Fulcrum will be tougher to learn than MiG-21 or F-14.

• Like 12

Excellent question, apart from being legendary fighter used by 30+ Air forces including NATO and a long service history it will bring its excellent kinematics and Thrust-to-weight and a new flavor to the MFDs brigade.

It will increase the fidelity of all "red" weapons and systems laying ground from for all future "Red-Air" projects.

Also getting full-fidelity version would benefit also all GCI assisted aircraft (M2000C has guidance system, F-14, MiG-21, EEL and any future ones) since it would bring more GCI infrastructure APIs and implementation.

With GCI modes, EWR modes, auto-target prioritization, correct smoke vs RPM modeling, working NAV panel, controllable Fuel Tank Jettions and CM profiles I think it will only get more effective, not less.

Although I understand you hotas concerns, I been flying with RL layout for years and I don't find anything lacking and even find it to be a straight forward one.

Embrace the challenge and 29 will reward you.

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 10

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Awesome video.

A perfect example however why google cards should be prohibited by law.

With GCI modes, EWR modes

That's what I'm really looking forward to, since it's very much undermodelled to date. Lots of aircraft would benefit from a proper EWR/GCI system giving actual directions instead of just BRA-calls or bullseye pictures. We've got the 21bis already and the 23MLA coming to profit from that. And the English Electric Lightning as well. Having pure intercept in a combat flight sim without having to fire up an Amiga (Emulator) to run Jet Pilot on will make DCS a lot better. It's not just about BFM and ACM. It's about getting there in the first place.

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Checked

Wednesday October 6th 2027.

Perfect, added this to my calendar, plus two weeks.

And since it is just over three years, the wait is not long now.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

ikr it would be better to ideally add an aircraft that isn't already in FC3, and also one that is actually more comparable capabilities of the F16C or F/A18C etc, but sadly those are the type of Russian aircraft that probably won't get added to being too modern.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

ikr it would be better to ideally add an aircraft that isn't already in FC3, and also one that is actually more comparable capabilities of the F16C or F/A18C etc, but sadly those are the type of Russian aircraft that probably won't get added to being too modern.

They can only do what they have approval and docs to do. I think initially they were going to do a F/A-18A and then only later were able to do the Lot 20 that we have now. If we want Red-Air stuff I don't think we can be picky. Have to just accept what we get and buy it so they can do more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

They can only do what they have approval and docs to do. I think initially they were going to do a F/A-18A and then only later were able to do the Lot 20 that we have now. If we want Red-Air stuff I don't think we can be picky. Have to just accept what we get and buy it so they can do more.

IT was still an F/A18C, just an earlier lot with circa 90s avionics ( no HMD, older MPCD display, earlier ale39 CM suite among the main ones) That being said when the Hornet project was started it was a number of years earlier ( I think like 2013 or 2014 ?.) , just like with the initial F16C project and its WIP screenshots floating about it was still a block 50, but pre CCIP modernization for the 2000s . They basically restarted those respective projects and were able to do more recent variations with more up to date information, probably in part due to popular demand of the playerbase wanting more up to date features.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

A good listen about the MiG... Jagdgeschwader 73 Pilots had quite a high kill count against NATO aircraft at the start, until wester tech and tactics cough up.

• Like 3

-------

While I would love to see full fidelity MiG-29 in DCS, I think this is little bit premature. Its not even confirmed yet, he only said that they are looking at possibility of doing it. About R-27, Chizh wrote recently on Russian forum that ED is now working on new weapons for F-16, and R-27 CFD will be done after it.

Of course red stuff would come after the poor little 16... enough of this trend, this rework will be ready for the next century

Of course red stuff would come after the poor little 16... enough of this trend, this rework will be ready for the next century
Yeah..... :mad:

It almost looks like the imperialists doesn´t have enough toys for now. When was the last time the red side got something?!

I think it was MiG-19 by RAZBAM, but since then the blue side got F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier, AIM-120 CFD rework, several new campaings etc. Its kinda annoying....

• Like 3

Da Comrade!

Yeah..... :mad:

It almost looks like the imperialists doesn´t have enough toys for now. When was the last time the red side got something?!

I think it was MiG-19 by RAZBAM, but since then the blue side got F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier, AIM-120 CFD rework, several new campaings etc. Its kinda annoying....

Lol, funny. I am imperialist but I share your thoughts...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I'm all for a full fidelity DCS MiG-29 derivative, but why just the A model? Why not something more up-to-date - or least a series of variants, including the K or SMT versions down the line?

My personal fav would be the MiG-35 (or export variant thereof).

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I'm all for a full fidelity DCS MiG-29 derivative, but why just the A model? Why not something more up-to-date - or least a series of variants, including the K or SMT versions down the line?

My personal fav would be the MiG-35 (or export variant thereof).

The 'A' was widely exported and manuals are readily available, plus, it's not in Russian service anymore.

I would have preferred the 9.13, but OK. It's the best looking airplane design IMHO, so I'd be very happy if they make a full module out if it, despite its limited avionics.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The 'A' was widely exported and manuals are readily available, plus, it's not in Russian service anymore.

I would have preferred the 9.13, but OK. It's the best looking airplane design IMHO, so I'd be very happy if they make a full module out if it, despite its limited avionics.

I would hope a 9.13 would be included, the cockpit has a few added ECM switches that it right? They already have external model. While it would suck to only get 9.12, I would fly the hell out of it all the same

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg