DCS World development ideas...

cnshark

I have some ideas, and I would like to share, Development of DCS World.

* Car headlights light up at night,

* Trees break with bombs and aircraft impacts,

* Warheads with destructive power according to the number of explosives and warhead sizes,

* size of explosions according to the size of the warhead

* Bombs leave craters on the ground differently depending on the size of the warhead,

* Destroyed tracks have a hole in the asphalt and hole in the ground.

* Land vehicles are destroyed in different ways by projectiles 30 mm, bombs of fragments, bombs of warheads, etc.

* Destroyed vehicles and aircraft have their carcass spread on the ground according to the impact of destruction and firing position,

for example, the front of the vehicle has one type of destruction, the other side, and behind it another.

* Improve ATC control according to standard aircraft traffic on an aerodrome, such as Falcon Allied Force 4.0.

* Institute the radio command for emergency landing at ATC, releasing the landing strips "hawg 61-sierra declaring emergency"

* Introduce radio command to trigger pilot rescue ejected in hostile terrain, for AWACS, ATC, JTAC or SAR with specific frequency.

* Modify the trajectory of the ballistic projectile to form a negative arc due to the deceleration of the initial point of thrust.

* Create a virtual world where combat starts online and extends for months, with several missions in the combat theater until the conquest of the territory or the defeat, after the end, another campaign begins and according to the number of hits

of users, if many, creates more campaigns to support the user demand allowed for each campaign. Each time the user connects online in DCS World, it automatically downloads the campaign mission update that

is being simulated after having chosen the "team" of weapons and country employment to simulate and defend. Users can follow the news of the fight and the theater up via Smartphone with an APP, email and youtube with news of facts

can only act when on the World DCs platform.

* The flight may have an appointment or immediately start the mission, rethink this fact.

* The User can be a spectator of the War, and everything can be watched by Youtube in Real mode with a robot management of cameras for better angles and results.

* Have a module option for each time you log in to the DCS World platform, the airfields with your movement will be updated, with aircraft that have taken off and landed, moving vehicles, such as tank truck, etc...

* Weather conditions will also be updated, so when connected, you will enter the dynamic world online module by downloading the access day update, or specific date that the DCS provider establishes. It could be

another DCS World module for dynamic campaign combat. Your flights can be made in this dynamic world, where missions/ campaigns and offline flights may have the weather conditions changed robotically for up to 5 days/ Online will be

time and movement in the aerodromes on a daily basis. You can choose the dynamic world, or use the default Mission Editor in DCS World or campaigns and missions.

* For Online Campaign, details of terrain with explosion holes, vehicles destroyed after combat, aircraft dropped, aerodromes destroyed, areas burned, will have map changes that apply these events in a permanetes manner until the end of the campaign. In other words, the wrecked vehicle will be there on the battlefield until the campaign is over.

* For dynamic online campaign, study a method of application for the death or defection of the user, who will have only one life. You can also download the day of the campaign you worked to fly again and train offline.

* There are burned or burning areas in forests or cities and aerdromos where there has been conflict or fires caused by weapons.

*When the user ejected into hostile territory or killed in combat, they will have a new life in the Dynamic Campaign that can be stipulated after one day, after one hour, after 30 minutes or the time it will take to reach an allied point. This will directly affect the "time-line of the war making it more real.

* Dynamic campaign exists in the simulated Free Falcon 6.0 and Falcon Allied Force 4.0, in addition to the original Falcon 4.0 of Micropose, so it's not a novelty.

* Improve the interphase of creating missions with Script templates to create complex missions.

* Put in the emergency landing fire trucks waiting at the headwaters of the runways and going to the aircraft after landing.

* Fuel bleeding is not present on some aircraft such as the A10C Warthog.

* Put the user's face image on the main character, "Put your face on game!" The photo will have to be profiled and facing to suit the dynamic graphics shaping and introducing the character to the virtual world DCS World.

*More Option: Improve immersion too by facilitating the movement of Track face, inside the cockpit, with a face recognition software through a Web Cam, has to be functional and easy to handle.

* High and low tide according to the moon and storms in the open sea.

* Place a print option button on the controls settings page.

* Climatic conditions, clouds when covered and storms do not cover the entire territory, they are only in parts of the territory and can move quickly to other locations on the map.

CN....

Edited by cnshark
  • Like 3

you seem to be new here .. I hope ED team will tackle your requests only after they have finished ironing out the 3000 reported bugs and both the Hornet and the Viper are out of early access

:thumbup:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

As long as we’re wishing, how about a Function that allows the sim to function in VR today, as good as it did yesterday before you turned it off.

Now we’re talking crazy.....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I'd only want to add the missing two things to that list, as we are already at it:

* End the hunger in the world

and

* Peace on earth

I mean, I would totally pre-purchase this, even as beta!

Sir, you've just won the Internet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

* Modify the trajectory of the ballistic projectile to form a negative arc due to the deceleration of the initial point of thrust.

Huh??

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

you seem to be new here .. I hope ED team will tackle your requests only after they have finished ironing out the 3000 reported bugs and both the Hornet and the Viper are out of early access

:thumbup:

so two weeks then:megalol:

• 1 month later...

*More*

Put the radio menu option of "I authorize leadership to the Wing" and pass the lead to the wing if you have trouble continuing the mission.

Continuing to think and plan new improvements, I love it...

I would like to have the permission to use Flaming Cliffs 2 and DCS Warthog 2011 to make videos, but I was told that there are many people doing this and do not need me. Don't have the original key Eagle Dynamics, Eagles dynamics should offer its old products freely to sharpen users' willingness to purchase new enhanced development products.

Enter in the radio menu the option of situation information of the wings, example " what is their status?" "hawg 91-sierra , all clear" or "hawg 61-sierra, damaged". Also the option of information from the wing of the amount of fuel and armaments available.

By Translation, Google Translation.

Edited by cnshark

* Car headlights light up at night

They actually already do, at least for civilian traffic. Though I noticed that sometimes headlights will shine completely through bridges - not illuminating them at all, but instead the ground below.

* Trees break with bombs and aircraft impacts

On the Caucasus map I've noticed a few times where bombs will cause a tree to 'collapse' (they collapse vertically then disappear - like what happens if you destroy a wall or fence.)

* Warheads with destructive power according to the number of explosives and warhead sizes

This is mostly there, it's just at the mercy of DCS' damage model.

* size of explosions according to the size of the warhead

This again is mostly there, however for small calibre impacts, the effects are pretty oversized, same with the tracers (not sure what to say about the tracers personally, they seem very Star Wars).

* Bombs leave craters on the ground differently depending on the size of the warhead

They do.

* Destroyed tracks have a hole in the asphalt and hole in the ground.

As in deformable terrain? While it would be great, and an improvement over the current flat textures, it mandates a major overhaul to the terrain engine and every single map. It is most likely not feasible.

* Land vehicles are destroyed in different ways by projectiles 30 mm, bombs of fragments, bombs of warheads, etc.

This is at the mercy of DCS' damage model, I did do this post, but again if it were to be considered (and that's a big if), it's a big ask, and mandates a major overhaul to every unit that isn't in the air, which is a lot of them.

Bear in mind too that most of our vehicles are falling behind current free assets in terms of graphics, but even the newer vehicles would have to be overhauled.

And damage modelling is not the only aspect (by far) where vehicles are lacking, but I don't think we'll see it any time soon unless we see a full fidelity ground vehicle (which I'd personally love, even if it were a T-62, BMP-1/2 or hell, even a BRDM)

* Destroyed vehicles and aircraft have their carcass spread on the ground according to the impact of destruction and firing position,

for example, the front of the vehicle has one type of destruction, the other side, and behind it another.

This again ties into the above. However it would be nice to see aircraft crashes be a little more than a black texture with a small bit of debris in most cases. For me there's maybe not enough fire and debris when crashing. However this is minor, and is probably subject to PC hardware constraints.

* Improve ATC control according to standard aircraft traffic on an aerodrome, such as Falcon Allied Force 4.0.

It's in progress, but so far not many details.

* Institute the radio command for emergency landing at ATC, releasing the landing strips "hawg 61-sierra declaring emergency"

Not saying for definite (because I don't know), but it could well be apart of the ATC improvements that are known to be in progress.

* Introduce radio command to trigger pilot rescue ejected in hostile terrain, for AWACS, ATC, JTAC or SAR with specific frequency.

You can already sorta do this (at least approximate it) with current triggers. The issue is we can't actually rescue downed pilots. For me it's more a problem over water, seeing as we don't have rescue hoists/winches (even though the Mi-8MTV2 has one over the left-side door), there aren't any life rafts either, and pilots just splash into the water and die.

Pretty sure it already does this, though I imagine there's some degree of simplification.

Not sure what you mean by deceleration of the initial point of thrust - it's not much more than just the parabolic trajectory equation but factoring air resistance.

* Create a virtual world where combat starts online and extends for months, with several missions in the combat theater until the conquest of the territory or the defeat, after the end, another campaign begins and according to the number of hits

of users, if many, creates more campaigns to support the user demand allowed for each campaign. Each time the user connects online in DCS World, it automatically downloads the campaign mission update that

is being simulated after having chosen the "team" of weapons and country employment to simulate and defend. Users can follow the news of the fight and the theater up via Smartphone with an APP, email and youtube with news of facts

can only act when on the World DCs platform.

All I have to say is probably not going to happen, especially automated creation of campaigns, AI is in need of some improvement in general (which is being worked on especially in some areas like IADS for instance) and I think automatically creating campaigns beyond what DCS already does is probably not something that is going to be considered, though we might see some changes with the dynamic campaign engine that's in progress.

What I will say is that you can make missions like this already, you just need to do the work. You might be limited a little when it comes to logistics and a few other things - but mileage may vary depending on what you're trying to do.

As for the news, email or whatever, this is up to the mission designer. I can see emails potentially being a thing if that's what you'd go for (doesn't sound like something I'd personally be interested in, when there's discord and the forums but hey). YouTube is up to content creators (though my main question is why? if it's just going to be a progress report and not the mission as it was recorded (like for instance the stuff you see Ralfidude put up). Maybe there could be a newspaper image (created by the mission designer) in a similar fashion to what you get with Cold Waters.

* The flight may have an appointment or immediately start the mission, rethink this fact.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you rephrase it or give me an example and what you'd want DCS to do?

* The User can be a spectator of the War, and everything can be watched by Youtube in Real mode with a robot management of cameras for better angles and results.

There are already spectator slots present in DCS, for recording there's nothing stopping you, so long as the participants are okay with it.

As for automated view ports, do you mean like an event camera? Whereby the camera will focus on an event (weapons launch/fire, impacts/near impacts and for a few seconds and then move onto the next) as they happen and then cycle? (I'm pretty sure SF2 did a similar thing).

As for YouTube, it's up to content creators. I don't think DCS is going to automatically record videos and upload them to YouTube automatically videos any time soon, or maybe ever.

* Have a module option for each time you log in to the DCS World platform, the airfields with your movement will be updated, with aircraft that have taken off and landed, moving vehicles, such as tank truck, etc...

Do you mean like persistent aircraft and scenarios? Because it sounds to me like this is covered by the addition of a save function (which is sought out after).

* Weather conditions will also be updated, so when connected, you will enter the dynamic world online module by downloading the access day update, or specific date that the DCS provider establishes. It could be

another DCS World module for dynamic campaign combat. Your flights can be made in this dynamic world, where missions/ campaigns and offline flights may have the weather conditions changed robotically for up to 5 days/ Online will be

time and movement in the aerodromes on a daily basis. You can choose the dynamic world, or use the default Mission Editor in DCS World or campaigns and missions.

As far as weather development is concerned, real-time weather could be option, though not sure how useful it is, particularly when some missions take place at a time and date that isn't today and now. It would be better IMO if improvements to weather gave us more controls (which it likely will given current information), and maybe for instance initial weather and forecasted weather, and have the weather dynamically change from one state to the other over a set interval.

* For Online Campaign, details of terrain with explosion holes, vehicles destroyed after combat, aircraft dropped, aerodromes destroyed, areas burned, will have map changes that apply these events in a permanetes manner until the end of the campaign. In other words, the wrecked vehicle will be there on the battlefield until the campaign is over.

I'm pretty sure you can already do this, you just need it triggered and it's up to the campaign designer to do this.

* For dynamic online campaign, study a method of application for the death or defection of the user, who will have only one life. You can also download the day of the campaign you worked to fly again and train offline.

You can already do this.

* There are burned or burning areas in forests or cities and aerdromos where there has been conflict or fires caused by weapons.

Again, already possible, the trees don't burn as such, but you can put large fire/smoke effects and have them triggered by weapons and crashes, it does have some limitations but you can sorta get there. In subsequent missions you can use a scenery destruct zone to simulate a forest that has been razed.

*When the user ejected into hostile territory or killed in combat, they will have a new life in the Dynamic Campaign that can be stipulated after one day, after one hour, after 30 minutes or the time it will take to reach an allied point. This will directly affect the "time-line of the war making it more real.

You can already do sorta do this, and a dynamic campaign engine is WIP at this time. One thing you can't do though is spawn a pilot.

* Dynamic campaign exists in the simulated Free Falcon 6.0 and Falcon Allied Force 4.0, in addition to the original Falcon 4.0 of Micropose, so it's not a novelty.

It is in progress...

* Improve the interphase of creating missions with Script templates to create complex missions.

Pretty sure you already can do this with the current system (which is pretty intuitive IMO), you may run into limitations, but this is dependent on what you do with it. Here would be a good place to look for something in particular.

* Put in the emergency landing fire trucks waiting at the headwaters of the runways and going to the aircraft after landing.

You already can and have fire trucks drive around, but extinguishing fires isn't implemented and there isn't a foam/water spray effect.

* Fuel bleeding is not present on some aircraft such as the A10C Warthog.

It is present on all aircraft that actually have fuel dumping available. The A-10 is such an aircraft that doesn't have the ability to dump fuel (apart from using it). There maybe an emergency vent port, but it doesn't seem to be for dumping fuel (it's more a pressure relief valve as far as I can find out, for instance if the fuel expands in hot weather, I'm pretty much certain DCS doesn't simulate this).

* Put the user's face image on the main character, "Put your face on game!" The photo will have to be profiled and facing to suit the dynamic graphics shaping and introducing the character to the virtual world DCS World.

I fail to see the point if most pilots in DCS (with some exceptions) are fully covered with helmets, visors and masks.

As far as building personnel based on a scan of yourself, I'm pretty sure the answer is no, it's not as simple as maybe you think it is.

*More Option: Improve immersion too by facilitating the movement of Track face, inside the cockpit, with a face recognition software through a Web Cam, has to be functional and easy to handle.

In general pilots are animated to look where the player is looking, it's done a bit better in some modules (like the Tomcat) than in others. I noticed that the F-16C and F/A-18C seem to have some random scripted head movements sometimes when the head position is static (like it would be in the F2 view).

But beyond animating the pilot body with your arms and hands in VR, I don't see it going any further.

* High and low tide according to the moon and storms in the open sea.

Storms hopefully will come with weather improvements.

Tides would be cool to see, though will probably require an upgrade to the terrain engine. One thing I will say is rivers, sometimes they look as if a flood is about to happen.

* Place a print option button on the controls settings page.

Could be an idea, though nothing is stopping you from screenshotting them and printing that.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshark View Post

" Put the user's face image on the main character, "Put your face on game!" The photo will have to be profiled and facing to suit the dynamic graphics shaping and introducing the character to the virtual world DCS World."

I fail to see the point if most pilots in DCS (with some exceptions) are fully covered with helmets, visors and masks.

As far as building personnel based on a scan of yourself, I'm pretty sure the answer is no, it's not as simple as maybe you think it is.

In my understanding, just one profile picture and one from the front, adjusting the size of the head on the chart by measurements in centimeters or millimeters so that the user can have the exact proportion of his image in the simulator, it would be very show..Thank you, tank you, thanks for your answers. Need more... I hope since 2007 for a real simulator like the DCS A10C and its aircraft, they emerged, and how I waited...

A.I. artificial intelligence already works with facial modeling and recognition

Edited by cnshark

Flagrum said:
I'd only want to add the missing two things to that list, as we are already at it:

* End the hunger in the world

and

* Peace on earth

I mean, I would totally pre-purchase this, even as beta!

The irony with the DCS developers is dangerous, they are happy with how the sim is currently, they are happy with the tiny and often not very useful steps forward, they do interviews that where they talk about big changes but I start to think that we will never even see them 10 years from now, so I advise you to take this seriously and invite you to sabotage ED by stopping buying.

EDIT: Well, at least now we have nice clouds but we're still behind, just look at the terrain, the horrible bugs and low fps in vr, no dynamic campaign, and the stable version which isn't really stable. I look forward to DCS 3.0, I'm sure it will be fine or at least hopefully.

Edited by Expert

I’d like them to improve the performance of the channel map as a priority, before adding more features. I bought it and have barely used it due to its very poor performance in VR.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

In my understanding, just one profile picture and one from the front, adjusting the size of the head on the chart by measurements in centimeters or millimeters so that the user can have the exact proportion of his image in the simulator, it would be very show.

It's not so much gathering the data, but more the algorithms required to translate a picture + dimensions into textures and a 3D model.

ED are using 3D scanning AFAIK for new pilot models and personnel, though from 3D scan to an implemented model, it's more work. Models need textures, rigging etc. You can probably use AI or some sort of algorithm to automate the process, but to my uneducated mind that sounds like a lot of work for the gain.

And with pilots, in many cases pilots are more or less fully covered, facial features are difficult to discern, I'm not sure if the gain justifies the work required.

Thank you, tank you, thanks for your answers. Need more... I hope since 2007 for a real simulator like the DCS A10C and its aircraft, they emerged, and how I waited...

You're welcome :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

For aircraft wings, adjust radio frequency and alert rescue command.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2020 at 10:32 AM, cnshark said:

I have some ideas, and I would like to share, Development of DCS World. More!!

* Climatic conditions, clouds when covered and storms do not cover the entire territory, they are only in parts of the territory and can move quickly to other locations on the map;

* aircraft release parachute troops in combat regions;

*  aircraft drop with parachute  supplies in combat as well as vehicles;

* helecopteros of war charges and armaments;

* more...more...more...

I stopped using DCS World for half a year because they are developing in one direction!

Not everyone is interested in NATO planes!

Elsewhere, I don’t know why it’s possible!

Su 30 Simulator in another simulator game!

MAC won't solve anything by copying Flaming Cliffs 3 planes into another game where only training planes will be new, fighter planes won't!

Edited by Rush_
  • Like 2

ı beleive it is not ED's decision. Russia doesn't want to share its aircrafts' info. They  couldn't make black shark 3 despite they offically announced that they were going to make it .

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 11:58 PM, cnshark said:

* Climatic conditions, clouds when covered and storms do not cover the entire territory, they are only in parts of the territory and can move quickly to other locations on the map;

* aircraft release parachute troops in combat regions;

*  aircraft drop with parachute  supplies in combat as well as vehicles;

* helecopteros of war charges and armaments;

* more...more...more...

o arco-iris deveria estar presente nas transições de chuvas e sol.

The rainbow should be present in the transitions of rain and sun.

@CN - You just described that "other sim" everyone talks about.  But they started at the ground and infantry.  DCS started from the sky and went down, the exact opposite way.   DCS is getting there.  One day...  Just think how AWESOME it's going to be!

On 3/30/2021 at 2:37 AM, Rush_ said:

I stopped using DCS World for half a year because they are developing in one direction!

Not everyone is interested in NATO planes!

Elsewhere, I don’t know why it’s possible!

Su 30 Simulator in another simulator game!

MAC won't solve anything by copying Flaming Cliffs 3 planes into another game where only training planes will be new, fighter planes won't!

I know RIGHT?!  MAC is just a new FC3.  That Su-30 cockpit looks like a modern F-16.  It would look better in DCS :music_whistling:

31 minutes ago, cnshark said:

o arco-iris deveria estar presente nas transições de chuvas e sol.

The rainbow should be present in the transitions of rain and sun.

Rainbows will be next after the new clouds.  That and God Rays.

Edited by 3WA

Drone high power in raindrop...

A high-performance drone, like a drop with all the motoring under neath the surface protective plate and which can flatten like the F35, shoots X through the wings and front and brings, impossible to engage in the visual, pass close to position itself then is shot right from the side. Retractable weapons, air-adaptive fuselage, which can inflate suddenly to adpite the best air line. Could that be possible?