[ACKNOWLEDGED]Laser Maverick can track through clouds

RED

• ED Team

Hi

This is a known issue, I will ask the team about the possibility of introducing cloud scatter, but can not promise anything.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 years later...

when I saw this in the Growling Sidewinder YT video,

guiding the paveway through thick clouds, I thought that wouldn't be possible, so I searched, and found this post. Hope it can be fixed in future (not rush with this one, compared with others

On 12/30/2019 at 4:32 PM, BIGNEWY said:

This is a known issue, I will ask the team about the possibility of introducing cloud scatter, but can not promise anything.

Waiting for the "Cloud API" that relies on MT hitting the main branch, perhaps? Hopefully, they'll eventually block lasers, IR and AI line of sight, as well.

17 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Waiting for the "Cloud API" that relies on MT hitting the main branch, perhaps? Hopefully, they'll eventually block lasers, IR and AI line of sight, as well.

Do the new API will solve the AGM-65D locking on Road lights?

No, cloud API, as the name implies, relates to interacting with clouds. So if the Mav can lock through clouds, it won't be able to do that anymore, but don't expect it to fix unrelated stuff. Besides, locking onto random clutter such as bushes or road lights is a thing with real TV and IR Mavs. It's a contrast seeker, and if there's enough contrast, it'll track anything. Military vehicles are camouflaged, street lamps are not, and depending on lighting, environmental conditions and so on, the latter might well have more contrast. Sometimes the seeker will go for a tactical bush instead of a tactical vehicle, and if you spot this before launch, great (and be glad they don't switch targets mid-flight, as they sometimes would IRL).