Ships flagged "late activation" are unexpectedly exported before activation.

BuzyBee

Hi,

If I create a mission with an aircraft flagged "late activation", and use Tacview to record the mission, the flagged aircraft does not appear in Tacview until it's activated, which is the expected behavior.

But if I create a mission with a ship flagged "late activation", the ship appears immediately.

This implies different behavior from the DCS exporter in the case of an aircraft vs a ship.

It would be consistent and logical if in all cases the DCS exporter did not export any "late activation"-flagged object until it was activated.

We (Tacview dev) do not have access to the late activation flag to be able apply a filter on our end.

I am attaching mission files and corresponding Tacview recordings of the two cases.

Thank you

Tacview-20201106-143016-DCS-One late-activation aircraft plus one regular aircraft.acmi.txt

Tacview-20201106-143145-DCS-One late-activation ship plus one regular aircraft.acmi.txt

One late-activation ship plus one regular aircraft.miz

One late-activation aircraft plus one regular aircraft.miz

• Like 1

I confirm what mentioned above by BuzyBee. :thumbup:

I have a mission with multiple late activation objects which are user generated by radio menu commands. Once I review the ACMI in TacView, the scenario has all ships visible and even though this is not a ACMI killer, it's a bit bothering and probably not working as intended.

A fix would be very much appreciated. :helpsmilie:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...