Metadata and fxo files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metadata and fxo files

Hi, just a quick question, is deleting the content of those files still relevant today ?
    In which case you have to do that ?
    I had the habit of doing this after an update or when I changed my graphic settings.
    Thanks

+1

Comment

I often do it out of habit and in some cases where I haven't I notice a performance increase (even if subtle) after deleting them and having DCS rebuild them.

Bear in mind I haven't really done any proper testing on this, so take it with maybe several grains of salt.
      Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk
      Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Comment

Yeah this is what I thought and experience. But there was one occasion where I "fixed" a stutter issue doing this after changing some settings, but I'm not sure if that was linked.
        It'd good if someone could give us more infos on that.

Comment

Working...
        X