Custom download folder deprecated !!! ???

Frag

Hi guys,

I got welcomed by this while downloading the update this morning.

Why removing such an awesome feature?! Now if your SSD drive barely hold the size of DCS, then you won't be able to update no more.

That thing was working great! You could download the huge torrent to another disk, and simply overwrite the DCS folder after download.

Am I missing something? Did they simply killed that thing or there is another way to do this?

Capture.JPG.44872ae1f0a273979d4552d0e657d3d5.JPG

• ED Team

Hi Frag

Some users had accidents with it by using OS root folders and so on, so it was removed.

You can still use symbolic links via windows however, but that is for individuals to setup.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As BN says, I have set up a symbolic link and download quite happily to another disk.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal