What is with these horrible DL speeds?

BMGZ06

I am trying to install the open beta and I am getting less than 500kb downloads through either Torrent or HTTP. This has to be fixed. I have 1gb fiber and it is working just fine so internet is not the issue

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• ED Team

Hi

Thanks for the PM,

It maybe local or ISP issues.

Our server seem to be running normally.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I find that the default download mode (Torrent) runs at wildly varying download rates generally way below 5 Mbps. The upload bit rate if frequently higher than the download rate.

When I switch to HTTP the download rate is far more steady, mostly above 50 Mbps which is about 5 MBps and I consider that satisfactory. My network access is rated at 400 Mbps, but I have never seen any download exceeding 150 Mbps.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
The updated torrentfunction of the DCS updater still not work properly. My download speed ist not above 1MB/s. After Cancelling torrent and using http method i have 8-10MB/s.

Most likely your ISP is throttling torrent traffic.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
@c0ff, I am noticing also low speed using torrent. Not sure if can be caused by ISP because downloading torrent through uTorrent app is not affected.

I changed the default torrent settings in 2.9.17, what's your impression?

Btw, you can feed the same torrents into uTorrent and check the speed.

There's even an option in the updater to keep the torrents after downloading.

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
Update today:

I can do some more tests if you will tell me what to do. I started downloading that other torrents after switching to web update and finishing update.

That's not a fair comparison.

You can cancel the update download completely and feed torrent files from

_downloads\.torrents\

to your client of choice.

That will be fair.

• ED Team
Files seems to be from some older update: DCS-2.5.5.41962-PERSIANGULF_terrain.common-base-0

Nah, the torrents are reused if there're no content changes.

Can you please send me the settings of your torrent client?

And if you happen to use qBittorrent, check it as well, please - it uses the same library.

Most likely your ISP is throttling torrent traffic.

Don't put this on isp at all. Just sounds like an easy out.

I have 200/200 and all network related runs full speed, netflix , youtube , twitch etc.

Downloads from EX: Nvidia and steam are running fine.

I know these are major hubs and have a gigantic server park, but just admit that yours is smaller and we can help you make it more efficient.

On the torrent side there could be an option to seed more than just when we are downloading.

Also when I update the upload is like 0.5kb/s. Ican can share way more than that :)

"EDIT" Just read post 10. So we can seed ...cool will try it and see what is what :)

Edited by macedk
new info

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@macedk, if you would read whole thread you could notice that when downloading using bittorrent client speed is high, so it's probably caused in dcs_updater.exe torrent client and c0ff is trying to find where the issue is.

Btw you did same assumption that it's caused by their "ISP"... I am getting very high torrent speeds on computer in different location...

unknown.png

Morning guys,

Was getting really poor downlaod speeds this mornign when trying to downlaod some of the "Try and Fly" modules so instead I added the torrents to BitTorrent client and getting much better speeds. When they complete where do I placfe the downlaods so that DCS will see them and install them?

Thanks

Morning guys,

Was getting really poor downlaod speeds this mornign when trying to downlaod some of the "Try and Fly" modules so instead I added the torrents to BitTorrent client and getting much better speeds. When they complete where do I placfe the downlaods so that DCS will see them and install them?

Thanks

+1 would like to know. Using the DCS updater I get <350kb/s but 600kb/s-1000kb/s using the torrents.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Just came here to see if anyone else was having an issue. My internet speeds are around 240Mbps. Start the DCS Updater 2.9.17.19 to install modules and my internet slows to a crawl, like less than 0.5mbps crawl. It affects my entire internet coming into my computer, can't hardly get a webpage to load. Cancel and close the DCS updater and internet speeds jump back up to full speed. It is repeatable, happened yesterday and today.

• ED Team
Just came here to see if anyone else was having an issue. My internet speeds are around 240Mbps. Start the DCS Updater 2.9.17.19 to install modules and my internet slows to a crawl, like less than 0.5mbps crawl. It affects my entire internet coming into my computer, can't hardly get a webpage to load. Cancel and close the DCS updater and internet speeds jump back up to full speed. It is repeatable, happened yesterday and today.

Seems like either your router or your firewall does not keep up with the number of connections used for torrents. I've increased the limit recently.

We can do a test, wait for a PM from me.