Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is with these horrible DL speeds?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Noticed this last week also!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by danvac View Post
      @c0ff, did you released the fix? Download is still slow now.
      Sorry, no fix, I haven't found the root of the problem yet.
      I'll post here as soon as I have any positive results.
      Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics
      LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

      Comment


        #18
        No worries. I don't know if that may help, but my connection have problems with udp packets bigger than 1500 bytes.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by c0ff View Post
          Most likely your ISP is throttling torrent traffic.
          Don't put this on isp at all. Just sounds like an easy out.

          I have 200/200 and all network related runs full speed, netflix , youtube , twitch etc.

          Downloads from EX: Nvidia and steam are running fine.

          I know these are major hubs and have a gigantic server park, but just admit that yours is smaller and we can help you make it more efficient.
          On the torrent side there could be an option to seed more than just when we are downloading.

          Also when I update the upload is like 0.5kb/s. Ican can share way more than that

          "EDIT" Just read post 10. So we can seed ...cool will try it and see what is what
          Last edited by macedk; 04-18-2020, 09:36 AM. Reason: new info
          OS: Win10 home 64bit*MB: Asus Strix Z270F/
          CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4
          GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb
          Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"
          Disk: SSD
          Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs
          sigpic

          Comment


            #20
            @macedk, if you would read whole thread you could notice that when downloading using bittorrent client speed is high, so it's probably caused in dcs_updater.exe torrent client and c0ff is trying to find where the issue is.

            Btw you did same assumption that it's caused by their "ISP"... I am getting very high torrent speeds on computer in different location...

            Comment


              #21
              Morning guys,


              Was getting really poor downlaod speeds this mornign when trying to downlaod some of the "Try and Fly" modules so instead I added the torrents to BitTorrent client and getting much better speeds. When they complete where do I placfe the downlaods so that DCS will see them and install them?


              Thanks

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by DW2020 View Post
                Morning guys,


                Was getting really poor downlaod speeds this mornign when trying to downlaod some of the "Try and Fly" modules so instead I added the torrents to BitTorrent client and getting much better speeds. When they complete where do I placfe the downlaods so that DCS will see them and install them?


                Thanks

                +1 would like to know. Using the DCS updater I get <350kb/s but 600kb/s-1000kb/s using the torrents.
                Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H


                RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

                Comment


                  #23
                  Just came here to see if anyone else was having an issue. My internet speeds are around 240Mbps. Start the DCS Updater 2.9.17.19 to install modules and my internet slows to a crawl, like less than 0.5mbps crawl. It affects my entire internet coming into my computer, can't hardly get a webpage to load. Cancel and close the DCS updater and internet speeds jump back up to full speed. It is repeatable, happened yesterday and today.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by PWJT8D View Post
                    Just came here to see if anyone else was having an issue. My internet speeds are around 240Mbps. Start the DCS Updater 2.9.17.19 to install modules and my internet slows to a crawl, like less than 0.5mbps crawl. It affects my entire internet coming into my computer, can't hardly get a webpage to load. Cancel and close the DCS updater and internet speeds jump back up to full speed. It is repeatable, happened yesterday and today.
                    Seems like either your router or your firewall does not keep up with the number of connections used for torrents. I've increased the limit recently.
                    We can do a test, wait for a PM from me.
                    Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics
                    LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get home from work in ohhh about 12 hours from now.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Gents, I am facing slow download speeds for 2.5.6. How does one download the files through torrent app?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by screamingdemon View Post
                          Gents, I am facing slow download speeds for 2.5.6. How does one download the files through torrent app?
                          I don't use the toorent download any more. I hit cancel to switch to http download.
                          LeCuvier
                          Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X