[REPORTED]Flying submarines

meltingSnowdrift

Procedure to reproduce:

1. Create a mission with only a single type 093 submarine (without waypoints) and a tactical commander capable of controlling that submarine.
  2. Run that mission.
  3. Using the tactical commander's command map, give the submarine a route with a single waypoint and set the submarine's speed slider as high as it can go.
  4. Set the submarine's depth slider to approximately 50 feet. The submarine will then dive considerably deeper than 50 feet.
  5. After the submarine dives to approximately 120 feet, give the submarine another route with a single waypoint. The submarine will begin to climb and, some time later, will rise above the surface of the water and fly.

The results should look like the attached track file.

flying submarine.trk

Tried a looping yet?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

does same happen to kilo?

I've tried the same thing with SSK 641B and SSK877: they are not plagued by the bug.

When I ask them to change their course they keep their current altitude. When I ask them to go back to the surface they reach 0m alttiude and stay there.

However they both have a graphical issue that I'm going to report in a new thread.

subs.trk

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...