Kneeboard woes

Chaders

Hi All,

I have a multi-monitor set up with exported MFD’s etc and because of this I lose the use of the kneeboard because it renders in the bottom right of the DCS viewport. I’ve done a bit of research and found there was a simple way of moving it to the bottom left by simply changing a false to true in the init.lua in scripts/aircraft/_common/cockpit/kneeboard this works great if you only fly single player. Alas for multiplayer (which I fly 95% of the time) this solution doesn’t work as it fails the integrity check. After much searching around it seems that most solutions for moving this useful thing seem to suffer the same issue.

Does anyone know of a solution that will enable be to move it into view and still pass the integrity check?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Chaders.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this issue as it's a huge problem for those of us with multi-monitor setups.

ED, please address this and remove integrity checks from kneeboard-associated file changes. This has a huge negative impact for those of us who exclusively fly in multiplayer.

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

If you look how KneeboardBuilder does the modification, you can modify it so that I believe it passes the integrity test, it just requires modifications to quite a few files.

But I also have to modify UH-1 and MI-8 for also the AI Panels and Cargo Camera for same reasons just as they use texture coords instead of sane coordinates of actually rendered viewport for positioning.

Thanks for the suggestions. However, I've tested both routes and have not been able to pass the integrity test with other option. I'd be curious if anyone has had success passing the integrity test with either of the suggested solutions in the last few weeks.

While these solutions worked earlier this summer, that appears to no longer be the case. From what I'm seeing, any attempt to modify the viewporthandling.lua file in Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ folder causes issues.

Edit (10/12/2020): Just tried the kneeboard mod fmedges suggested once again...it works great and the Menu option is fantastic...but it does NOT pass integrity check.

Edited by Stewmanji

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H