Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI JTAC does not mark

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AI JTAC does not mark

    Hey,

    I created a sample night CAS mission, and I set the ground JTAC to mark my target by the IR pointer. Upon checking in, the JTAC says Type 3 is in effect and "no mark". According to the editor, LOS is not an issue, and with the Combined Arms module, I can paint that truck - for no reason in single player. And Type 1 or 2 would make more sense anyways. I copied the JTAC settings from the AV-8B Mav training misssion, except for the marking and the armament. Any ideas? I'm out of tips.

    Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by VS461; 04-26-2020, 12:42 PM.
    За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

    #2
    Originally posted by VS461 View Post
    Hey,

    I created a sample night CAS mission, and I set the ground JTAC to mark my target by the IR pointer. Upon checking in, the JTAC says Type 3 is in effect and "no mark". According to the editor, LOS is not an issue, and with the Combined Arms module, I can paint that truck - for no reason in single player. And Type 1 or 2 would make more sense anyways.
    Problem is:
    1. Your using an "Unarmed Unit - Humvee", needs to be an "Amoured Unit"
    2. The best ground units to use for JTAC IR and LASER lasing are the "Stryker" and "Humvee-Tow" with more powerful optical capabilities, the "Humvee-Armoured" doesn't support IR / LASER or is bugged.

    Corrected mission using Type 2 with IR pointer:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cfynsdmc6...fixed.miz?dl=0


    Regards, Ian.
    Last edited by MadDog-IC; 04-27-2020, 04:11 AM.
    Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

    DCS Tech Support.

    Comment


      #3
      The ground JTAC unit has many problems. No mark means it does not have clear line of sight or is out of range.

      Its better to use UAV as JTAC. It will find the targets and lase them.

      However, you have to keep it clear of radar guided medium to long range sams.

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks, it works.

        However, an IR mark is often made by a handheld laser by the JTAC wearing a monocular NVG, so this feature should work from the level of the "infantry M4" guy.

        PS thanks for moving thread to the correct section.
        Last edited by VS461; 04-27-2020, 08:38 AM. Reason: Thanks
        За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by VS461 View Post
          Thanks, it works.

          However, an IR mark is often made by a handheld laser by the JTAC wearing a monocular NVG, so this feature should work from the level of the "infantry M4" guy.

          PS thanks for moving thread to the correct section.
          Yes I know and agree that the M4 Infantry and Humvee-armoured should work with IR and LASER but they currently don't or didn't last time I tried them a few weeks ago.

          Cheers, Ian.
          Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

          DCS Tech Support.

          Comment


            #6
            To have an IR marker or Laser the jtac unit needs to have them.

            That does not include infantry units (I have asked for a JTAC specialist infantry unit), and whilst they can JTAC it will be no mark (nothing to launch it with) no laser and no ir. They also wont work at night because they cannot see.

            Unarmed humvee wont work in this case, so you need something like a tow humvee or I personally use a striker.

            Note when using stinger units in combined arms you can lase and put an IR marker on, so these may work.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ironwulf View Post
              To have an IR marker or Laser the jtac unit needs to have them.

              That does not include infantry units (I have asked for a JTAC specialist infantry unit), and whilst they can JTAC it will be no mark (nothing to launch it with) no laser and no ir. They also wont work at night because they cannot see.
              What I wanted to say is, that JTAC often has the handheld IZLID stuff to mark. I'm not saying that any infantry G. I. has it. What I say is, that in-game JTAC sorties should be able to be assigned as a handful of guys, perhaps on feet, maybe with a single and simple Humvee (not to mention a FAC-qualified SF group in the bushes), and they work with a handheld IZLID for sparkle or, for a precision strike, a designator on a small tripod, proned behind.
              За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

              Comment

              Working...
              X