"Aerodrome Data" Default Altitude.

Bulldog_1

How do you get your F-10 Map "Aerodrome Data" default altitude to display "feet" instead of "meters"? Do you have to modify a .lau file, or is there a setting in DCS World that I can adjust? I am currently using the most recent "Stable" version. :helpsmilie:

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

How do you get your F-10 Map "Aerodrome Data" default altitude to display "feet" instead of "meters"? Do you have to modify a .lau file, or is there a setting in DCS World that I can adjust? I am currently using the most recent "Stable" version. :helpsmilie:
Choose imperial over metrics in DCS options.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

No Joy. Imperial was already selected so I selected metrics and save, restarted DCS, reselected Imperial and save, restarted DCS. Aerodrome Data still shows meters. It has been like this since I first installed DCS in 2013 and even through a couple of Hard Drive reformats and re-installations.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

No Joy. Imperial was already selected so I selected metrics and save, restarted DCS, reselected Imperial and save, restarted DCS. Aerodrome Data still shows meters. It has been like this since I first installed DCS in 2013 and even through a couple of Hard Drive reformats and re-installations.

Damn, that sucks.

Actually, I wish we could change on the fly in the map with a shortcut like for coordinates.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It would be great to have an option for normal "western" measurements. Most of the world uses feet for altitude, Nautical Miles for distance, and metric for everything else.

Also I would love it if the use of QFE was binned? No one uses it. QNH is what is used.

• 5 months later...
How do you get your F-10 Map "Aerodrome Data" default altitude to display "feet" instead of "meters"? Do you have to modify a .lau file, or is there a setting in DCS World that I can adjust? I am currently using the most recent "Beta" & "Stable" versions. :helpsmilie:

New computer, fresh installation of DCS. Same issue.

• ED Team

Try a test

rename your dcs folder in saved games. Keep it as a backup for now

restart DCS login adjust settings ( imperial / metric )

then test do you see a difference? If so it maybe a setting or config issue

let us know

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Try a test

rename your dcs folder in saved games. Keep it as a backup for now

restart DCS login adjust settings ( imperial / metric )

then test do you see a difference? If so it maybe a setting or config issue

let us know

Hi BIGNEWY, I followed your instructions using the A-10C as a test aircraft and both the Caucasus and Nevada maps. same issue, the numerical values seem to be correct but the unit of measurement reads metric. I cycled through Imperial and Metric in the settings too.

Thank you for your quick response.

• ED Team

can you attach a short track replay, and your dcs log

maybe a screenshot

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here you go.

Screen_201014_111142.thumb.jpg.1eacfbd028cab58c20b971ec22137d4d.jpg

Screen_201014_111643.thumb.png.5ebb87e5ce3f7e5ae4edc9ff125f517c.png

dcs.log

Bump! :music_whistling:

Interesting , because the actual numerical value is approximately correct in feet (i show 3133 feet) . Doesn't the mission editor have its own imperial/metric setting ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Interesting that the numerical value is approximately correct in feet (i show 3133) but suffixed as meters .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2