DCS.exe - Entry point not found

Edded

hello guys,

I am running latest DCS World open beta version, using ED launcher (not steam).

I updated the game to the 2.5.6.54046 on the 27th august and the game worked fine.

The 29th august i had a launcher update and since then i'm having 4 errors that appear whenever i launch the game and that stop the game from running :

Ip1TXoe.png

Mj4SBgr.png

gxH1U5y.png

6n8HRvY.png

My system is in french but it says for each "The procedure entry point XXXX could not be located in the dynamic link library XXXX".

I've tried several things but i still have the errors afterward.

1- delete manually the .dll affected + repairing the game afterward.

2- run the windows cmd as administrator and run "sfc/scannow" in the dcs install directory.

3- Rollback to an older open beta version.

4- uninstall + reinstall the game in the same location.

5- uninstall + reinstall in an other location (changed the disk where the install is).

at this point i don't have any idea about what to do... So if any of you have a clue :helpsmilie:

Anyway, thanks

Check your antivirus logs, to confirm if it may be preventing parts of DCS from running.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Yes as mentioned this is usually antivirus related.

Malwarebytes is often the problem

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for your answers.

I don't have any antivirus installed other than default protection from Windows so i checked the events log.

I couldn't spot anything unusual.

I restarted my pc without doing any thing else than what i described in my earlier post. Since the reboot DCS is working smoothly again.

I don't have any antivirus installed other than default protection from Windows ...

OK, I use also the built-in AV of Windows (its called Microsoft Defender) .. if the problem recurs, then add the DCS folders to the Anti-virus exclusion list .. like this (sorry, spanish windows, but yours should look similar):

Nu8MujR.jpg

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...