Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCS.exe - Entry point not found

hello guys,

I am running latest DCS World open beta version, using ED launcher (not steam).

I updated the game to the 2.5.6.54046 on the 27th august and the game worked fine.
    The 29th august i had a launcher update and since then i'm having 4 errors that appear whenever i launch the game and that stop the game from running :

Spoiler:

My system is in french but it says for each "The procedure entry point XXXX could not be located in the dynamic link library XXXX".

I've tried several things but i still have the errors afterward.
    1- delete manually the .dll affected + repairing the game afterward.
    2- run the windows cmd as administrator and run "sfc/scannow" in the dcs install directory.
    3- Rollback to an older open beta version.
    4- uninstall + reinstall the game in the same location.
    5- uninstall + reinstall in an other location (changed the disk where the install is).

at this point i don't have any idea about what to do... So if any of you have a clue
    Anyway, thanks

Check your antivirus logs, to confirm if it may be preventing parts of DCS from running.
    For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
    For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
    Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Yes as mentioned this is usually antivirus related.

Malwarebytes is often the problem

Comment

Thank you for your answers.

I don't have any antivirus installed other than default protection from Windows so i checked the events log.

I couldn't spot anything unusual.

I restarted my pc without doing any thing else than what i described in my earlier post. Since the reboot DCS is working smoothly again.

Comment

Originally posted by Edded View Post
          I don't have any antivirus installed other than default protection from Windows ...
          OK, I use also the built-in AV of Windows (its called Microsoft Defender) .. if the problem recurs, then add the DCS folders to the Anti-virus exclusion list .. like this (sorry, spanish windows, but yours should look similar):

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
          For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
          Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Working...
          X