unable to find a DCS voice server to try out...

fitness88

Considering how crude it is right now, it's going to be a while before it replaces SRS.

I thought it was SRS...

from something I read online:

DCS-SRS aims to provide easy to use and realistic communication in DCS Multiplayer. The radio integrates into all exiting and future aircraft available in DCS. Servers can configure SRS to be more or less realistic – enforcing realistic line of sight and distance limitations or allowing aircraft to always hear each other.

So what then is SRS?

I thought it was SRS...

from something I read online:

DCS-SRS aims to provide easy to use and realistic communication in DCS Multiplayer. The radio integrates into all exiting and future aircraft available in DCS. Servers can configure SRS to be more or less realistic – enforcing realistic line of sight and distance limitations or allowing aircraft to always hear each other.

So what then is SRS?

The problem is that currently DCS voice doesn't even begin to provide the basic functionality you have in SRS that everyone online is already used to and using. Right now its an AOL chatroom of functionality. Whereas SRS you can tune to a freq in the plane and use that along with all the LOS stuff, you just have to run it externally.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's also worth reiterating the point that, to be able to offer functionality on par with SRS, the DCS implementation will also at some point have to be something you can run externally. It doesn't have to be external-only like SRS, but it will eventually need an external client that can be run without the rest of DCS.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

It's also worth reiterating the point that, to be able to offer functionality on par with SRS, the DCS implementation will also at some point have to be something you can run externally. It doesn't have to be external-only like SRS, but it will eventually need an external client that can be run without the rest of DCS.

Yeah, haven't though of that, but it makes sense for the ATC and AWACS guys.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anyone know of a server using the DCS voice?

Thank you.

We’re running it on Hollo Pointe North presently and have had successful tests between myself (LAN) and a friend (WAN). Quality is quite good, hopefully they (optionally) “ruin” it with radio effect like SRS allows in the future. :thumbup:

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.