ATC problem

sirrah

No idea where to post this... then again it will probably fall on deaf ears anyways...

I was flying Liberation Campaign last night in Syria. When I was 50nm out on the Supercarrier I couldn't call inbound. I couldn't select it in the ATC menu because the list was filled with other radio stations/airports.

Only when I got to 36nm out, the Supercarrier appeared in the list..

Yet another reason to overhaul the current ATC menu. (Aside from it being very VR unfriendly)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You're right. Carriers have no priority over airfields in the ATC radio list. If at least 10 airfields are separating the player from the carrier, the player is unable to contact it.

(images below)

Here are a few ideas for ED to make things better:

1/ Separate airfields and carriers by adding an aircraft carrier dedicated radio submenu.

2/ Display the full ATC list as pages, with "Next" and "Previous" buttons.

3/ Put friendly carriers on top of the ATC list.

Screen-201010-173333.png

image.png

Yet another reason to overhaul the current ATC menu. (Aside from it being very VR unfriendly)

You can use either keybindings, mouse clicks or Voice Attack to interact with the radio menu.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Or just give us the option to browse and select through the radio menu by using a 4-way hat switch (up-down-left-right).

You won't need a "next page" option and it would greatly help VR users that can't use voice assisted control

But let's not turn this into a wish thread... Merely reporting the issue here

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...

Please ED!

Just do something fast with ATC comms!

Maybe after press F5 - ATC, we could select F1 - Ground ATC or F2 - Ship ATC.....something like that or as suggested before...But we need something soon.

If the ship is near from coast, we need wait get too closed to select Carrier ATC.

Hope ED read this topic and do something.

Definitely agreed, the whole ATC system is definitely due a significant and major overhaul, it might even be better to start from scratch.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That's what ED is supposedly planning to do after they iron out the bugs in SC, including separate Russian and Western ATC systems. I'd love to see that. Ideally, it'd feature either voice synthesis or the ability to add additional ATC voices, so that new maps would be able to speak their callsign.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a type of communications jamming. LOL But yes, definitely see your point. Does tuning your radio limit the menu choices? I think there's a sim mode setting for realistic comms? Like it might eliminate the problem altogether. But I'm not sure it actually does.

I always have realistic comms on

So no, that doesn't help. But thanks for suggesting

System specs:

Simply filtering the receiving ATC Towers to your selected frequency (even in realistic mode) would be a nice stopgap until the better ATC System launches.

IMHO the system is not really realistic anyway, so a small simplification for the sake of usability would be an improvement.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard