JTAC Brevity

bonesvf103

I'm not completely up to speed on JTAC brevity codes. Does anyone know what these mean/when they are used?

Pulse

Snake

Rope

Spot

Termiante

Shift beam

Shift

Thanks!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

You can find the actual manuals online.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You can find the actual manuals online.

Yes, I have them, but not all of those commands are in thereor are explained fully, or told when you are supposed to use them (sequence).

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multis...l_brevity_code give this a looksie. unfortunately PULSE is not listed. and i think you meant TERMINATE. pulse i believe is a shortened command. another good link is this. multiservice brevity code listing https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a404426.pdf

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Those are for IR/laser designation procedure, since you asked :

Pulse = illuminate a position w/ a flashing IR pointer (used to deconflict several pointers on the battlefield)

Snake = oscillate IR pointer in a figure 8 shape about a target, used to distinguish friendly from target

Rope = circle IR pointer in the given direction (cardinal or straight up) to allow acquisition of friendly position

Spot = laser designation acquisition

Terminate = not used anymore, "cease" is used instead i.e "cease laser/sparkle"

Shift beam = doesn't exist

Shift = shift laser/IR/whatever to the given direction

There are many more brevities for IR or laser procedures, you should learn them, it's easy. SPARKLE/STEADY/DEADEYE/NEGATIVE LASER/CONTACT SPARKLE/10 SECONDS to name a few.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Thanks.

What about brevity such as Have Quick and Mickey?

I heard this come up in some of Sedlo's missions.

v6,

boNes

Mickey is for the Time Of the Day for Have Quick, havequick is a radio mode. Go active is the brevity for initiating HQ.

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

Mickey is for the Time Of the Day for Have Quick, havequick is a radio mode. Go active is the brevity for initiating HQ.

Thanks. Can you give an example how/when these are used?

v6,

boNes

v6,

boNes

A mickey (TOD) is typically self generated by each A/C using a GPS time stamp. However, if someone in the flight can't get a mickey for some reason - then another airplane can pass a mickey to get them synched up with the rest of the flight. The comm might sound like this:

"Rocket flight, standby Mickey in five".

The flight lead would then send a tone over the flight common radio freq to make sure everyone was on the same TOD.

Once everyone was able to go into Have Quick Mode, the comm would be:

"Rocket flight, Push (or Go) button 5, active".

"Rocket check active" (flight responds) "twoop, threep, fourp"

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

v6,

boNes

Since HQ is frequency hopping, it has to be time synchronized and I guess MICKEY is what you call to give the TOD, but don't get me wrong, I have never used it. And for "go active", well you use that when you want HQ mode for your comms eh?

EDIT : @Notso beat me to it!

• 1 month later...