ED deserves more pats on the back than it's getting!

GazAce

I absolutely love DCS & have been enjoying it for many years now, from Black Shark way back on release to SU27 to the HOG & currently FA/18C & maybe soon F16 or the new A10C II or even Black Shark II as I've bought all & all the maps too & you know what.. I feel awesome when I spend money here knowing it's indirectly benefiting me in the long run. I just want to say that we should think a little before post our whinging whine about something that's not quite right here like lighting effects, clouds or explosions or whatever. You gotta think ED is not Infinity Ward ( COD ) or EA Games, Ubisoft or Square Enix etc. These companies have endless resource$ at their disposal with hundreds & hundreds of people working across the Globe. We have ED which is no where near in the league of these companies but what we do have & incredibly so I might add.. is the greatest combat flight simulator on the planet today & for that we should be more grateful & give ED more compliments rather than negative feedback.

Peace out GA

• Like 10

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

While DCS does have lots of missing features and parts because legacy and all. We need to remember that ED has made possible to get the best modern era combat aircrafts simulated there is.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What makes you think their not getting all kinds of awards? Secretly from the military?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I bought the Ka-50 12 years ago. The module (including the campaigns) still has issues and we even see new bugs occasionally. Do we see that fixing the module is a priority? No, we don't. Instead we get new content.

And this extends to DCS as a whole. ATC, AI, performance, several long known MP issues, small things like the MPRS, almost no improvements for helicopters, CA unchanged and not even VR compatible ... there are tons of individual issues.

After 17 years (LOMAC) the negatives start to outweigh the positives. I'm so sick of running into the same issues year after year. Once I see some major improvements I'll be happy to praise ED, but I don't even see anything on the horizon.

Or you could look at it that 12 years ago you bought a module that is still being supported and even if slowly - bugs are being chipped through. On a 12 year old module that's a pretty decent feat - that people are still playing and enjoying a 12 year old module! Go to companies like EA games that are 12 years ago and compare how many people still play those games... what bugs remain in those games that are no longer being worked on because they've moved on to newer games to rake in more cash.

There's 3 ways of looking at a glass with 50% water. Half empty, half full, or as an engineer I see that the glass is twice as large as it needs to be. ;)

DCS have a niche market and a unique way of doing things. I for one appreciate the agile kind of development and the community interaction we get from them. They're far from perfect, I'm disappointed about VR being pulled on CA as well - and there's things I'd love to see changed as well but even with this I can appreciate the O.P's perspective - the complaint to praise ratio does seems to be a bit off, but I guess that is human nature after all.

• Like 2

Not Even Il-2 comtinues to support a 15 year old product.. you need to buy everything again in "Grate Battles" mode...:) So Yeah I say DCS is a good investment... bugs and all...

And yeah I complain a lot, but its like with family: you nag them because you care... ;)

I just want to say that we should think a little before post our whinging whine about something that's not quite right here like lighting effects, clouds or explosions or whatever.

(...)

is the greatest combat flight simulator on the planet today & for that we should be more grateful & give ED more compliments rather than negative feedback.

Peace out GA

There are not so many simmers around the world who use DCS, compared to PC gaming community size overall, and one day, the big bang could happen.

Big bang in the form of a modern-day, combat aircraft, study simulation that will be a new and shiny and state of the art.

How many will stay here?

It's the same as with any other game, no matter the size of a studio.

The new products that benefit from modern technology will mostly replace even the best games. Just like DCS did replace LOMAC in the past, I feel that a new DCS should replace the current one before it is too late. It is not about pats on the back versus heat. It is the scale of the current project versus the resources available.

It will, one day, get there... or will it?

I am a huge fan, a fanboy as some would say and with all my heart for DCS I would stop ALL projects and work on the new DCS, however --

Eagle Dynamics knows the best what is best for their business and passion.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am a huge fan, a fanboy as some would say and with all my heart for DCS I would stop ALL projects and work on the new DCS, however --

Eagle Dynamics knows the best what is best for their business and passion.

I'd also like to see that. I'd be happy for ED to not release any new aircraft after finishing the ones already released, leave it to 3rd parties to develop aircraft and instead focus on rewriting DCS's code. I of course understand that this might not be possible from a business perspective (although I think they should actually monetize the core game with DCS 3.0 or whatever), but a guy can dream.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

welll they should SELL the next engine, so it makes sense. After al every other game sells you the next engine, be sim or no, look at Civ series, Fallout, Arma, Fifa, etc.. a new engine and core game every two years...

• Like 1

welll they should SELL the next engine, so it makes sense. After al every other game sells you the next engine, be sim or no, look at Civ series, Fallout, Arma, Fifa, etc.. a new engine and core game every two years...

If it meant a significant rewrite but we could use our modules - I'd happily pay for a new engine. Optimised GPU, multithreading for CPU, etc. The difference is the modules that are purchased and the compatibility to use them with the new engine. How modular it is only the dev's know.

• Like 1

The flight sim hobby has never been better and it continues to reach new levels of awesome. I continue to find it amazing that we get to fly high fidelity modern military aircraft. Gripes and nitpicks aside, ED is one of my favorite brands in general. Just gave them some more of my money yesterday.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg