AWACS/Radar Ranges?

Steve Gee

Is there a table/chart/anything that shows the ranges the radar sets in DCS have?

Got curious to the, if any, differences between having your datalink between your plane and AWACS and carrier(s). Initially, I've noticed the carrier's radar range doesn't seem to be as far as the AWACS and it's limited/masked by terrain it seems.

That in turn got me curious to the connections, if any again, with the datalink components such as AWACS, ships and the like, to give the player the overall picture. Or, is it just one big broadcast "photo" taken from the map instead of actual radar imaging/processing?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Remember datalink can come from any coalition aircraft; so on the SA if it has a 'dot' beside the circle on a friendly it means they are feeding you info. At least on the hornet.

Not talking aircraft specific. :)

That was part of the other discussion, do all "parties" in a scenario besides aircraft add to the datalink picture, such as ships and ground stations? And if they do, wouldn't the datalink from any source then, such as the CVN's, show the entire picture so it wouldn't matter the selection?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)