Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by schurem View Post
    Another thing I noticed changed either this patch or the previous one is that the clouds are different. No longer spinning cotton balls popping into existence at different distances in my left and right eye. Good job ED!


    Aye, I’ve noticed the same difference about clouds.


    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
    Simulatori: DCS A-10C Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - VRS F/A-18E - Falcon BMS
    HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar Oculus Rift S
    I see a rainbow rising, look there, on the horizon...
    Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

    Comment


      Originally posted by _Heater_ View Post
      Aye, I’ve noticed the same difference about clouds.


      Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
      They're still spinning for me if I tilt my head.

      Comment


        I see there's an update today...
        https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

        Anyone got the low down?
        System :-
        i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S and CV1.


        ........................................................................sigpic.............................................................................

        Comment


          Originally posted by 30mikemike View Post
          I hope we get an update soon!
          Me too
          Or at least, they should give us more details about
          Cloud layers, type of clouds, etc...
          I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

          Comment


            Hot fix live https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...a/2.5.6.55847/

            DCS 2.5.6.55847 Open Beta


            Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

            Comment


              "multiplayer protocol changed"

              What does this mean ?
              And how come this patch is 50 gigs , is it because i changed my shaders to the masked shaders for vr ?

              It'[s really annoying that i have to swap out the game's shaders and download again after every small update >_<
              SATAL : "Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned."

              Comment


                Originally posted by Csgo GE oh yeah View Post
                this patch is 50 gigs
                +/- 400MB on my end (bit over 500 unpacked)
                - Raven -
                sigpic
                System specs:
                Spoiler:

                i7 6700k @4.5Ghz
                32 GB Corsair DDR4 2400MHz
                ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced
                ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
                1TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD

                Pro Flight Trainer Puma
                TM Warthog HOTAS w/ 10cm extension by Sahaj (mounted on Wheelstand Pro for Warthog)
                Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals
                Oculus Rift CV1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Csgo GE oh yeah View Post
                  It'[s really annoying that i have to swap out the game's shaders and download again after every small update >_<
                  maybe one day will be fixed, maybe...
                  My two cents about the turn this community is taking
                  https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=284141

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Csgo GE oh yeah View Post
                    "multiplayer protocol changed"

                    What does this mean ?
                    It just means old versions of dcs wont see the new servers unless they update


                    Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

                    Comment


                      aw man for a second i hoped that 'the netcode' (whatever that may mean) had been improved
                      SATAL : "Summary - Tomcat limited to 2 AIM-54A mk74 Phoenix per aircraft for both Diamond and Gold leagues. All other Phoenix types, AIM-54A mk60 and AIM-54C, are currently banned."

                      Comment


                        280 MB packed over here.
                        i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

                        Comment


                          Has anyone else got DCS broken with latest OB update? I cant update, its written that sometnhing is messed up with my old A-10C module. And DCS crashes....Need to reinstall now.
                          ..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by DeathAngel1 View Post
                            Has anyone else got DCS broken with latest OB update? I cant update, its written that sometnhing is messed up with my old A-10C module. And DCS crashes....Need to reinstall now.
                            Try a repair, otherwise, open a thread in the appropriate section and include all your logs and such, make sure you are not running any mods as well. Thanks.

                            Forum RulesED YouTube PageMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
                            **How to Report a Bug**

                            Comment


                              I lost the ability to hold a steady lateral stick position. Axis Tune shows it holding steady, but in cockpit it will "teleport" to center if I stop changing lateral stick: i.e. try to hold a constant roll input. Pitch and yaw work fine.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Csgo GE oh yeah View Post
                                aw man for a second i hoped that 'the netcode' (whatever that may mean) had been improved
                                Yeah, me too...
                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Spurts View Post
                                  I lost the ability to hold a steady lateral stick position. Axis Tune shows it holding steady, but in cockpit it will "teleport" to center if I stop changing lateral stick: i.e. try to hold a constant roll input. Pitch and yaw work fine.
                                  Check if you have the pitch and roll axis double assigned to another device...

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Csgo GE oh yeah View Post
                                    aw man for a second i hoped that 'the netcode' (whatever that may mean) had been improved
                                    Well, there's only one way to improve it. Throw it away and write a completely new one.

                                    I still dont get why this happens:
                                    I join an empty server that runs TTI Caucasus, I get 11-15 fps in VR, 20 in pancake. If I go ahead and run that very same mission locally, I get 45 in VR and 130 in pancake. It's just utterly ridiculous. MP is literally unplayable for me because of that. I mean, wouldn't the real difference be that when hosting locally, my very own rig would have to calculate all those AI units while in MP that would be offloaded to the server? Clearly not the case when looking at how well or rather not so well it performs...

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Hiob View Post
                                      Check if you have the pitch and roll axis double assigned to another device...
                                      I hadn't thought of that. I had done a repair only to find that the Tomcat worked fine but the Viper, Hornet, Eagle, and Harrier were all borked, and this could explain why. Is that a common issue with patches?

                                      Edit: Sure enough, The Tomcat was not double mapped, everything else was double or triple mapped. Thanks a million Hiob!
                                      Last edited 10-04-2020, 04:04 AM.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Spurts View Post
                                        I hadn't thought of that. I had done a repair only to find that the Tomcat worked fine but the Viper, Hornet, Eagle, and Harrier were all borked, and this could explain why. Is that a common issue with patches?

                                        Edit: Sure enough, The Tomcat was not double mapped, everything else was double or triple mapped. Thanks a million Hiob!
                                        It happens every now and then

                                        Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk
                                        Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

                                        Comment


                                          Now soldiers have collision with modules, and they are strong ... 2 soldiers went "through" my Ka50 on ground and moved it hard/damaged it ! I need to avoid this to happen in script...
                                          Hardware : I7 7700K - Z270 gaming M5 - 32GB ( 4x8 ) ddr4 3200Mhz - 1080Ti gaming X - SSD M2 - TM Twcs / TM Rgt yaw pedals / MS sidewinder FF2 + TM Warthog - Oculus Rift CV1.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X