If I trash a module(trash can in module manager)

Marcq

It deletes the files from the disc, so yes, free up the space.

If you want to retrieve it, just go the module manager again and it will remind you of what you have left not installed yet.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If you want to retrieve it, just go the module manager again and it will remind you of what you have left not installed yet.

:thumbup:

Marc..

• 5 weeks later...

Actually it saved only 600mb on the disk when I trashed the Viggen, i"m sure it should be more then that

Marc..

Actually it saved only 600mb on the disk when I trashed the Viggen, i"m sure it should be more then that

Not really, the aircrafts use less than 1 GB each, the Campaigns use almost nothing ... the big users are the Maps ... one Map uses up the equivalent of more than a dozen aircrafts.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Not really, the aircrafts use less than 1 GB each, the Campaigns use almost nothing ... the big users are the Maps ... one Map uses up the equivalent of more than a dozen aircrafts.

Hmm, I guess it's not worth trashing aircraft modules to save space

Thanks, Marc..

Hmm, I guess it's not worth trashing aircraft modules to save space

That's true ... here is an interesting diagram with the relative size of DCS components:

HAwwSSc.jpg

Thank god that SSDs prices are falling :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

The space comparison is really interesting. I use TreeSize Free for something similar, it lists folders and subfolders regarding percentage of space used. I noticed how relatively lot of space is consumed by Mig-21 liveries in core mods, and that graphical interpretation shows it as well, did you notice? Is that texture quality difference noticeable in game?

My skins on DCS User Files, Enjoy!

FC3, Mi-8, UH-1, CA, L-39, AV-8B, F-14

The space comparison is really interesting. I use TreeSize Free for something similar, it lists folders and subfolders regarding percentage of space used.

I used it for a while, but I liked this one better as its graphic representation really highlights where are the space huggers :)

Even if you delete the module a large part will still remain so that they can appear in missions. The game still needs textures, sounds, animations, flightmodel etc. for every plane including the models you don’t have.

True, that part is stored on the Bazar and CoreMods folders .. the space on the Aircrafts folder is the one freed when you trash a Module.