Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mission: General Helicopter Operations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    mission: General Helicopter Operations

    .
    This mission is an open freeflight MP scenario, works for SP too. The focus is on civilian operations. For the scenery I chose Gelendzhik and Novorossiysk. with 10 UH-1H & 6 Mi-8MTV2.





    Playerscore
    For completing tasks you get payed. With F10 you can see the players results. Your saldo is saved during the mission. If you disconnect and return at a later stage your saldo will still be there.

    Pickup passengers
    They flare if they see you. Land or hover close to a passenger and they will embark. You can pickup max. 3 passengers at at a time. Then bring them to heliport Madrid. There are 14 pickup locations.

    Cargo transport
    Cargo is of random weight and need to be delivered at the big hanger on either airport. Stay with your cargo untill rewarded. Cargo from farther pays better. There are 18 slingload locations

    Find stolen vehicles
    Stolen vehicles have an ARC FM beacon and spawn random on the map. Follow them closely to get your reward.

    Meeting point
    From here you can organize a group flight (or fly solo). You receive a bonus if you fly from the meeting point to Krymsk.

    All objects are spawned by the script and deleted when no longer needed. All should syncronize properly online and works in single player aswell.

    The mission is made with one initialization script, a few triggerMarkers and a few helicopters placed with the ED mission editor. If you like to make your own scenario it is supposed to be easy and self explanatory. I've added the script and a tutorial for DIY. It would be realy fun to fly in a different scenery, please share and I'll help if you need a hand.


    download


    .
    Last edited 11-29-2015, 11:13 PM.
    sigpic

    #2
    Excellent thanks very much Wife riding horses tomorrow will give it a whirl then
    i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Nice setup, thanks for sharing.
      Waiting for:DCS: Mi-24 Hind, ...
      Intel i5-7600K @4.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, GTX 1070 Gigabyte Gaming OC 8GB DDR5, WIN 10 64Bit Prof.


      Squadron "Serious Uglies"
      sigpic
      Ghost0815

      Comment


        #4
        Thank you just gave it a spin..Looks amazing the FARP is epic that ATC tower is like a fortress...I was surprised to learn I could only load 1 passenger at a time besides that overall great work..FPS took a small hit as I approached the docks just outside of NOVO smooth flying everywhere else...Great attention to detail. Rep inbound !!

        Comment


          #5
          Hi have you got the car beacon to work. I cant get a direction to fly but pick up the tone? NM I forgot to turn to home
          Also can you allow more time for the first frequency anouncment (Stolen car). I was starting up and missed it.
          But first fly I was impressed Thanks
          Last edited 06-18-2014, 01:15 PM. Reason: Ineptitude
          i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            Wow, that pesky stolen firetruck kept driving under wires and through trees

            But I got him
            Attached Files
            i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Cibit View Post
              Wow, that pesky stolen firetruck kept driving under wires and through trees

              But I got him
              Drive it like you stole it ..lol

              Comment


                #8
                Thanks for the compliments and test. Cibit that screenshot seems if it is from an action movie.

                Changes in the version I'll upload to the userfiles.
                - The first stolen vehicle will spawn later then 30 sec. after mission start.
                - If someone enters the MP mission with the same name of an other player. He will become a spectator and be asked to change his name.
                - The meetingpoint will be the startpoint of a groupflight to Krymsk airport. (can be flown solo too)



                .
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by piXel496 View Post
                  Thanks for the compliments and test. Cibit that screenshot seems if it is from an action movie.

                  Changes in the version I'll upload to the userfiles.
                  - The first stolen vehicle will spawn later then 30 sec. after mission start.
                  - If someone enters the MP mission with the same name of an other player. He will become a spectator and be asked to change his name.
                  - The meetingpoint will be the startpoint of a groupflight to Krymsk airport. (can be flown solo too)



                  .
                  Thanks for your efforts, Pixel. Much appreciated.

                  I guess it would be pretty easy to just swap out the Huey for an Mi-8 too, right?
                  i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Mi-8 available to choose in mission
                    i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks for this mission

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Great mission, thx a lot for sharing!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Cibit View Post
                          Mi-8 available to choose in mission
                          Fantastic! Thanks for the info, Cibit.
                          i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

                          Comment


                            #14
                            As scrtagnt69 found strange you can only pickup and bring 1 passenger to heliport Madrid. That is true, I will change that into a maximum of 3 pickups of passengers per run.


                            So.. I plan to finish this weekend.
                            - pickup max. 3 passengers instead of 1 and including the correct multiplier for your score
                            - The first stolen vehicle will spawn later then 30 sec. after mission start.
                            - If someone enters the MP mission with the same name of an other player. He will become a spectator and be asked to change his name.
                            - The meetingpoint will be the startpoint of a groupflight to Krymsk airport. (can be flown solo too)

                            I also try to make a short clear simple manual on how to make your own scenario with the script.




                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thanks for the mission Pixel. Question. I did a cargo drop-off at Galendzhik inside the drop-off zone but didn't get any points. Can you think of a reason why I wouldn't? Do you actually have to land to get the points? I was using auto-unhook.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                You da man !!!

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  To deliver cargo auto-unhook is a perfect method and landing is not needed. If you did not get points kontiuka it could be because.

                                  1. In case of MP: There was a nearer player to your dropped cargo than you, he received your points. (ownership is nearest player. Stay close to your cargo until rewarded. It is always < 11 seconds. Can be in air, no need to land)
                                  2. In case you made your own mission with the script: pickup cargo is to close to the deliverypoint or radius triggerzone cargo intersects with triggerzone deliverypoint. Then money payed for delivery will be 0, because you get payed for the distance you fly with your cargo.
                                  3. The dropped cargo was dropped outside the deliveryzone. In game you could test this, because if healthy cargo is dropped in deliveryzone you cannot pick it up again.
                                  4. When you autodropped cargo you punched cargo by accident with the body of your aircraft. Cargo was damaged and that renders droppedcargo worthless. In game you would see a cargosling as damaged.





                                  .
                                  Last edited 06-20-2014, 10:25 AM. Reason: ..
                                  sigpic

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Pixle496, all functions worked well and looking forward to the next version.
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by piXel496 View Post
                                      To deliver cargo auto-unhook is a perfect method and landing is not needed. If you did not get points kontiuka it could be because.

                                      1. In case of MP: There was a nearer player to your dropped cargo than you, he received your points. (ownership is nearest player. Stay close to your cargo until rewarded. It is always < 11 seconds. Can be in air, no need to land)
                                      2. In case you made your own mission with the script: pickup cargo is to close to the deliverypoint or radius triggerzone cargo intersects with triggerzone deliverypoint. Then money payed for delivery will be 0, because you get payed for the distance you fly with your cargo.
                                      3. The dropped cargo was dropped outside the deliveryzone. In game you could test this, because if healthy cargo is dropped in deliveryzone you cannot pick it up again.
                                      4. When you autodropped cargo you punched cargo by accident with the body of your aircraft. Cargo was damaged and that renders droppedcargo worthless. In game you would see a cargosling as damaged.
                                      Thanks. I managed to get some points. Maybe I've been hitting buildings or dropping the cargo too hard.

                                      To all: Do you all have rudder pedals? I'm using a twist stick and finding auto pick-up impossible!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by kontiuka View Post
                                        Thanks. I managed to get some points. Maybe I've been hitting buildings or dropping the cargo too hard.

                                        To all: Do you all have rudder pedals? I'm using a twist stick and finding auto pick-up impossible!

                                        Pedals are your best bet.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X