US Navy / USMC Ai Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW these look really good!
    SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Nice work! Can't wait to try these.

Steve

Comment

Awesome work!!

Please Please Please provide a Royal Navy Sea king

Comment

nice!
          SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Hello Johnny, someone has created a livery for your SH-3. What you were looking for Deathmechanic. Did you get the SH-3 to show up in-game? Great work Johnny!!!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3310330/

Comment

I so happy to see that the Sea King is getting some loving again, I enjoy having the SH-60 being my plane guard but I like to change things up and I'm hoping to make a Vietnam era carrier mission with the A-4E-C down the road.

Are there any plans to release this soon or a way I could get just the SH-3 skins?

Comment

Fantastic work and sorely needed.

Comment

Are those SH-3 liveries available?

Comment

Originally posted by NRG-Vampire View Post
                    probably it will be failed on the IC but you can re-activate SH-3W and Ka-52 in the Scripts\Database\db_countries.lua
                    ...or you can use the common way through Saved_Games folder (add the choppers to the list or put them into an Encyclopedia-library)

Could elaborate on "the common way through the Saved_Games folder" please? I didn't think you could modify db_countries.lua via saved games? How would you do that?

Comment

Hey, was curious if there was an update on the skin pack or has the project died?

Comment

Bump Bump.. did Johnny Propeller ever release these skins for the SH-3? I would love to see the 70's 80's era Sea Kings running around the super carrier, great work and I hope it isn't lost in cyberspace.
                        Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sh3 screen 01.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	7118576Click image for larger version

Name:	sh3 screen 02.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7118577

Name:	sh3 screen 03.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	7118578

No reply, hopefully his work will be shared with us in the near future. In the meant time I took "deathmechanics" RCAF paint as a guide and did my best to capture the look of the 70's and 80's era SH-3's. Considering they are older AI models I think they still look good and are easy on the frames, just what you want from them. They do seem a bit over scaled but nothing over the top. Didn't mean to take any of Johnny's Thunder but I just had to see the Sea Kings on the carrier.
                          Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by monkie View Post
                            Bump Bump.. did Johnny Propeller ever release these skins for the SH-3? I would love to see the 70's 80's era Sea Kings running around the super carrier, great work and I hope it isn't lost in cyberspace.
                            Ditto.....where is the link to the skins?
                            sigpic

Comment

Name:	sh3 screen 01.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	7118576Click image for larger version

Name:	sh3 screen 02.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7118577

Name:	sh3 screen 03.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	7118578

No reply, hopefully, his work will be shared with us in the near future. In the meant time I took "deathmechanics" RCAF paint as a guide and did my best to capture the look of the '70s and 80's era SH-3s. Considering they are older AI models I think they still look good and are easy on the frames, just what you want from them. They do seem a bit over scaled but nothing over the top. Didn't mean to take any of Johnny's Thunder but I just had to see the Sea Kings on the carrier.
                              Nice job, looks pretty good. I'm not sure what happened to Johnny and his work, most likely got tied up with life and had to step away or something. Is there any way you can share the skin work you did monkie? I've been working on a Vietnam mission for some time and I've been wanting to change out the default skin for a while, and I'm not sure just what RAZBAM SH-3 version is going to look like.

Comment

yeah shoot me a PM and I can email them to you would be the best way I suppose. I had no idea Razbam was making a SH-3, is it just AI or flyable?

As a side note, the SH-3 AI bounces on it's tail wheel when landing so I took the UH-60 and pasted it over the SH-3 in the Helicopterconst.lua and it fixed it. There might be an easier way but that is what I found worked for me.

Comment

AI, technically its a Sea King, for the Falkland Islands, not sure if it is included with that or the SHAR or a separate asset pack

Comment

yeah shoot me a PM and I can email them to you would be the best way I suppose. I had no idea Razbam was making an SH-3, is it just AI or flyable?

As a side note, the SH-3 AI bounces on its tail wheel when landing so I took the UH-60 and pasted it over the SH-3 in the Helicopterconst.lua and it fixed it. There might be an easier way but that is what I found worked for me.
                                    Yeah, RAZBAM is making an AI SH-3 for the Falkland Islands map, I do remember hearing a strong rummer that they may do a fully flying module once some of the ongoing projects are done or close to being done, but again it was a rummer and plans can change so who knows whats going on with that.

On the subject of using the UH-60 to make the SH-3 tail wheel not bounce, does it change anything on how the SH-3 folds up once the aircraft is parked?

Comment

As far as using the UH-60 model no it doesn't affect the folding animation of the SH-3, it folds just fine after shutting down. The only small glitch is that the tail wheel is slightly sunk into the ground but it dosen't bother me and you could most likely tweak the gear position to get it just right if you really wanted to.

Comment

Hello guys,
                                        sorry for the time out of DCS but i'm more focusing on my real life flying career + porting my military sceneries over FS2020 to meet ends during the winter months while not instructing. i've been away of DCS for few weeks. if you want to ask more questions or get some raw files, i created a discord as its more easy to communicate. https://discord.gg/4XB4mf77

Comment

Hi Johnny, looks like the invite to Discord has expired. I am interested in any skins you may have for SH-3, SH-53 or SH-60B.
                                          All of my carrier missions use a Rescue Helo script and the vanilla models are pretty lame at best. Any skin would be an improvement.
                                          Thanks in advance, Ray
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X