[REPORTED]No comms after bolter

9thHunt

I've noticed this a few times now. If I wave-off, the LSO will work fine on the next pass, but if I bolter or touch and go, the comms reset and I have to check in with the marshal again. Then, even if I fly all the way out to WP 0 and start my approach over again, they won't talk to me after the marshal hands me off to tower. No Charlie signal, I never get prompted for "Hornet, Ball" or "Clara" and the LSO doesn't talk to me.

Edited by BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi

We will be adding ATC calls for bolter and go arounds later in early access. For now you should start again and re-enter the pattern.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Reproduced and reported.

What I found is after a bolter we currently have no option to abort inbound. So if you do the inbound the second time signal is charlie is not called.

If you abort inbound after the second inbound is called signal is charlie will work after your third attempt to call inbound.

New bolter and go around calls will probably fix this, but for now I have reported to the team.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

Procedure after bolter at the moment requires pilot just break and make next landing, i.e. after bolter just gain 600 feet altitude and put aircraft in landing pattern. LSO continues bolter aircraft tracking and wait for "Call the Ball" message from it, no marshall/approach/tower communications are assumed same as 10NM flyaway.

Until we have a full bolter procedures in the radio menu this is how it should work.

thanks

• Like 1