Landing Case 1 - Stacks?

Limaro

Hi,

after some time of landing on the carrier I wanted to know how it works with the stacks in case 1 landing. I guess i've understood it in general. However, in the manual I don't find the part in the comms, where marshal tells me, which stack I should wait on, and also I tried to set up a game with douzends of F/A18 landing to force the need of stacks - but it just does not happen to change. The only thing is, that I do net get the Charlie signal when arriving.

Do I miss something?

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

IIRC so an SME can correct me on this, but stack is determined by squadron. Traditionally it's:

1xx - 2,000ft

2xx - 3,000ft

3xx - 4,000ft

4xx -5,000ft

etc.

They just always flew that so there was no need for comms, I presume. These days it could be pre-briefed before each mission if it changes at all.

All I've noticed with the supercarrier is that if you arrive overhead and other aircraft have already broken the deck and are in the pattern, you won't get a Charlie like you said (which if I understand correctly isn't really fleet procedure anyway, except during CQ?). But if you remain in the overhead stack, after those aircraft have trapped, all of a sudden you will get a "Charlie". No idea how it would handle dozens of inbounds at once though; I have a feeling you're on your own to find a deconflicting altitude.

All I've noticed with the supercarrier is that if you arrive overhead and other aircraft have already broken the deck and are in the pattern, you won't get a Charlie like you said (which if I understand correctly isn't really fleet procedure anyway, except during CQ?). But if you remain in the overhead stack, after those aircraft have trapped, all of a sudden you will get a "Charlie". No idea how it would handle dozens of inbounds at once though; I have a feeling you're on your own to find a deconflicting altitude.

^This^

Be patient, keep circling and you will get "Signal Charlie" when it's your turn.

The real problem is when you are low on fuel. There is no way to let them know so that they can give you special consideration for an emergency landing.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

But what and when would be the commication about the assigned stack?

There isn't one yet. If you don't get Charlie right away, you can assume there's traffic ahead of you. Just pick a spot, circle and wait.

ED is working on a whole new comm's system for all carriers, heliports and airports. Hopefully they will release it soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

There isn't one yet. If you don't get Charlie right away, you can assume there's traffic ahead of you. Just pick a spot, circle and wait.

ED is working on a whole new comm's system for all carriers, heliports and airports. Hopefully they will release it soon.

Ok, that's what I wanted to know:thumbup:

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

There shouldn't be. Afaik, unless in CQ, you won't be assigned an altitude to hold at from marshal.