Tiny request

ollk22

ok folks so now ED have given us a fantastic carrier environment I find myself wanting more lol

But while I appreciate there is a lot of work I think this idea might be realistic and maybe they could slip in on an update at some point... But maybe only for the hardcore!

I would like to see an option for the deck crew to check your final wipeout before giving the thumbs up to the shooter? Maybe a tickbox default to off in settings. But nevertheless, it would add a little more to the procedural side of things I think...

Also, to have announcements (legible or not) over the loudspeaker system on the deck would also be cool as hell..

Just little things like this that could add so much to the environment...

Stupid ideas to many perhaps but I thought I'd throw them in if they have not been mentioned..

Also, to have announcements (legible or not) over the loudspeaker system on the deck would also be cool as hell..

This happens in the Raven One campaign - so you could set this up for your mission(s) when you initially enter the airframe, as it happens in the aforementioned campgain.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 4 months later...

This happens in the Raven One campaign - so you could set this up for your mission(s) when you initially enter the airframe, as it happens in the aforementioned campgain.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Unless I'm mistaken, these announcements are meant to be loudspeakers, but they are actually coming though the headset instead. I had the same problem with a campaign I was making. We need some actual placeable sound sources.
  • Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

On 3/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, Harker said:

Unless I'm mistaken, these announcements are meant to be loudspeakers, but they are actually coming though the headset instead. I had the same problem with a campaign I was making. We need some actual placeable sound sources.

This. 

Currently, you can have sounds play (either through the radio, or just a sound to unit/group/country/coalition). What we need is the ability to have sound sources, and have sounds play from units. It would also be good for things like sirens.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.