Supercarrier Mini Updates? progress?

Legendofdino

Since release of SC, we haven’t gotten much in the way of features. Curious if ED could divulge on what’s currently being worked on and timeframes we can expect to see things such as deck crew wands during case III operations, case I marshal instructions and other features?

Take a deep breath and repeat after me:

Early Access

Covid

Unrest in Belarus

Thank you.

It's not stopped updates on other modules. It's possible there's a specific reason why the SC has been impacted, but it's not unreasonable for the OP to ask the question without the default "it's EA" excuse being regurgitated.

• ED Team

Hi all

When we are ready we will post an update, as with all modules in early access patience is required.

The team are still working on features, I have recently seen some ready room progress which looks great, but it will take time.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I think in a recent video interview, Nick Grey mentioned that some new supercarrier content would arrive in September.

I don't remember, but if it did it will always be a plan and subject to change if the team needs more time.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Supercarrier ... 3 months after the "loudy" launch of the module ... we need answers

How can it be possible, 3 months after the release, to have absolutely no news about this so awaited module ?!?

So much Eagle Dynamics'communications and buzz around the release moment, so much hopes for us the passionate fans ... and then NOTHING ?!?!

No bug corrections - or so few - and you know they are plenty of them,

no news about the promised complementary fonctionnalities,

no informations about the possible enhancements ... etc ... !?!

The consequence is that, from our point of vue, It seems to us, customers and early adopters of this module,

that nobody at Eagle Dynamics is anymore interested by the finalization of this Supercarrier !!! :dunno:

Edited by RaiderOne

According to one of the interviews given by Simon or Nick Grey there should be an update for the supercarrier modul in September. But yes there is no communication either in the mini update thread nor in the newsletter. Really hope to hear more about the supercarrier quite soon

But yes there is no communication either in the mini update thread nor in the newsletter. Really hope to hear more about the supercarrier quite soon

We should, at least, have hoped for some major bugs corrections with the 2 or 3 OpenBeta updates since the Supercarrier release ... but no ... NOTHING !

It's unbelievable !

... and so far, very few reactions of us the customers ... !? :(

I am, and I know many of us, in lots of OnLine Squadrons around, are too,

... I am and lots of us are ... very disappointed ...! :cry:

Edited by RaiderOne

For a start it would be nice to see some of the bugs posted in the bugs subforum tagged as reported.

For sure ! ... and they are plenty of them !!!

And unfortunately, some are really necessary to hope a basic and almost normal usage of the module in MultiPlayer ! :cry:

• ED Team

Hi

Early access can be a long process, the team are currently working on the briefing room and fixes are being worked on also.

As new features become available we will share more info and share videos, but I can not give a time frame at the moment.

As for the bug reports, as we report them we mark them, I am also reporting bugs from the whole forum which can take a lot of time, I will be reviewing the super carrier reports this week. Thanlks for your patience.

Thanks

Supercarrier ... 3 months after the "loudy" launch of the module ... we need answers

Early access can be a long process,

Yes, we do know that perfectly, but as everybody noticed, ED was able to make huge efforts on communication, ads and so on, by many means during the pre-order period to maximize the sales of this module ... ok why not ... but then, ED should take care of their customers and continue to give some infos and at least explanations about the main bugs which corrections are so slow (those which are really affecting the use of the module) !

... such a difference in ED's attitude (before vs. after release) is not commercially understandable ... you can imagine that it inevitably leads to the feeling of having been fooled by such attracting advertising before the purchase and so few attention after !

... the team are currently working on the briefing room

Ok, very well ... the ready room will probably be a nice feature ... but come on ... you should understand that it's not a necessary one for the normal use of the module ... a good, bug free and completed radio-communications system is definetely much more usefull ! Please do use yourself the supercarrier module in MP with a few piloted flights some AI flights around as well ... and you will see by yourself ! It is still not really usable !!!

So please, shall we humbly request to your dev teams to do focus their efforts in making this (probably in the future) nice module really usable by ED's customers ?

Please, could they reconsider the focuses and thus take care of not be wrong in the priorities order ? That would sincerely be really a lot appreciate ...

... As new features become available we will share more info and share videos, but I can not give a time frame at the moment.

OK but ... again ... Please, thank you to do correct the main bugs before working on new features ! For instance, even the future "AirBoss Station" is not really usefull for the moment if we can hope soon for a reliable and complete radio-coms system ! The "AirBoss Station" will certainly be a nice feature, for sure, but it definetly is not a urgent need for a basic use of the SuperCarrier ! Please think of the daily users in the OnLine Squadrons, they are some of your main support ... !

... As for the bug reports, as we report them we mark them, I am also reporting bugs from the whole forum which can take a lot of time

We all know that, BIGNEWY, don't worry. You are certainly not the problem yourself for sure ! The main bugs seem to be perfectly identified and sorted here on the forum ... and surely correctly reported to the teams !

The problem must be the amount of dev ressources attributed to an already saled module, and the dev+commercial priorities order ... and the respect from the ED's Company towards their customers, supporters and fans (which often are the sames) !

Don't lose a bunch of them stupidly ... It would be a real waste !

Thank you for your listening ! :thumbup:

... and sorry for my poor English.

(An old ex-big fan, with a huge bunch of modules bought since more than 10 years)

Edited by RaiderOne

• 2 weeks later...

Another week-news has just been published ...

... and absolutely no news about the Supercarrier Debug Process !! :cry:

... absolutely no news about the Supercarrier's awaited promised functionalities !!

That's insane !!! :mad:

It's an already paid module by lots of customers, it was released (almost 4 months ago) with a Big Buzz to maximize the sailing success !

I am sure it was a sale success !

... but now, nobody at ED is prooving us that at least one developper is still working on it !?! ... That we could quickly have a Supercarrier really at least partly usable during full serious Multiplayer missions ???

In the WeekNews ... another Big Buzz is on the making for a succefull release of the "A-10C II" and then later the same for the "Mi-24" (see the heavy tesing for the Mi-24 in the new Syria Map video) ... but nothing for the SuperCarrier and small little things for the F/A-18C ! :cry:

How long will it take to have a Debugged and fully fonctionnal & usable Supercarrier ??

... more than 2 years like the F/A-18C ?, :cry::huh::cry:

Come on ED ... please respond appropriately to your clients' many worries ...

From a disapointed old ex-Fan of ED (with a huge bunch of DCS module bought since more than 10 years)

• ED Team

It is simply impossible to fit all news into one newsletter.

With newsletters we focus on what is being released next, in this case the A-10C II.

Super carrier work is in progress, early access is a long process, you will need to have patience.

...It's an already paid module by lots of customers...

There in lies your (our) problem. They already got the money probably from majority of who will ever buy it, so they have no incentive to hurry up with finishing it. Such is the way of early access.

[...]

[...]

at this point, you should know what to expect.

even if it's hard, just wait with your purchase until the product is in a state that you deem to be worth the money. don't buy promises.

i still haven't bought the hornet to this date, because of this. of course, you are allowed to voice your opinion, if you are dissatisfied after purchase, but this does not change the fact, that purchasing on promised features makes you part of the problem.

There in lies your (our) problem. They already got the money probably from majority of who will ever buy it, so they have no incentive to hurry up with finishing it. Such is the way of early access.

well, there is me and i hope there are still some other that have the patience to wait for a more robust product.

me and my flying buddies have 4 modules already, that we plan on buying eventually, that have not yet matured to a point we find worth the asking price.

the good thing is, that after the hypetrain has rolled past, it's easy to forget about the module. makes waiting a bit easier;)

Another week-news has just been published ...

... and absolutely no news about the Supercarrier Debug Process !! :cry:

... absolutely no news about the Supercarrier's awaited promised functionalities !!

It's an already paid module by lots of customers, it was released (almost 4 months ago) with a Big Buzz to maximize the sailing success !

I am sure it was a sale success !

... but now, nobody at ED is prooving us that at least one developper is still working on it !?! ... That we could quickly have a Supercarrier really at least partly usable during full serious Multiplayer missions ???

In the WeekNews ... another Big Buzz is on the making for a succefull release of the "A-10C II" and then later the same for the "Mi-24" (see the heavy tesing for the Mi-24 in the new Syria Map video) ... but nothing for the SuperCarrier and small little things for the F/A-18C ! :cry:

How long will it take to have a Debugged and fully fonctionnal & usable Supercarrier ??

... more than 2 years like the F/A-18C ?, :cry::huh::cry:

Come on ED ... please respond appropriately to your clients' many worries ...

From a disapointed old ex-Fan of ED (with a huge bunch of DCS module bought since more than 10 years)

Alright my guy, might be a good time to grab a cup of calming tea and relax for a bit. There are so many things that can affect how quickly/slowly these things hash out, but I'll just give you a couple main points.

1) ED is not a massive corporate publisher with nearly unlimited resources, both human and otherwise. Fewer resources means things can move slowly at times, regardless of if a product is early access or not. Super simple stuff.

2) The supercarrier is early access, and has been very clearly labeled as such. This means a generally usable product is available to those who wish to purchase, but users also agree that functionality is limited and there can be bugs (sometimes severe). Just because YOU paid for and want a fully functioning early access module ASAP is not in line with how early access works.

3) Coding. It's complex and full of issues that not even very experienced coders can predict. This can slow seemingly easy things down to a screeching halt. Maybe an experienced coder is on vacation/sick/whatever for 2 weeks before a problem can be addressed, then he/she finds out it's going to take a lot of effort to fix, so it gets delayed another 2 weeks. Not hard to understand.

Tie in all three of these points together, and you can see how things can get delayed pretty quickly. ED does a great job with the VERY limited resources they have. Be patient, and god speed.

• Like 1