Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supercarrier Mini Updates? progress?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    Originally posted by Mr_Burns View Post
    Did you buy an early access module by mistake?
    That's what I said!

    Simple solution to his problem: Do not partake in Early Access, you'll live longer!

    And trashing ED is not a good look my guy!
    DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

    Comment


      #42
      Really want to see:
      Different tower frequency.
      Capability for player control of Tower and LSO (and maybe bubble) at least in MP.
      Bridge control of helm would rock.
      F-14B; F/A-18C; A4E mod; FC3 (F-15C, SU-27); SU-57 mod | Syria; NTTR; PG | Supercarrier
      ---
      Specs & Wishlist:
      Spoiler:

      Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus Xi Hero, 32GB G.Skill Trident 3200, Asus RoG Strix 2070 OC, 1TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

      Samsung Odyssey+ WMR HMD; VKB Gunfighter 2 with MCG Pro + T-rudder Mk IV; Virpil T-50CM v3

      Wishlist:
      AC: F-14D, YF-23, F-4S, MiG-35, MiG-29K
      Maps: Miramar, Vietnam, MiG Alley, Midway

      Comment


        #43
        I'd just like to see an update?


        The last was months ago!!


        Obutto Ozone
        i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

        64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600
        MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler
        Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra
        MFG Crosswind pedals
        Tek Creations panels

        HP reverb & TrackIr

        Comment


          #44
          I would like to hear if they are planning to fix the problems everyone is having with tanker orbits and rescue helos not following the carrier, if they have plans on doing new tasks in the ME that solves these problems.

          Its not because I need them right now primarily, Im creating a campaign for the Persian Gulf map and Im holding off on finishing it because this is something that will be the same in all the missions.

          Comment


            #45
            Originally posted by Fisherman82 View Post
            I would like to hear if they are planning to fix the problems everyone is having with tanker orbits and rescue helos not following the carrier, if they have plans on doing new tasks in the ME that solves these problems.

            Its not because I need them right now primarily, Im creating a campaign for the Persian Gulf map and Im holding off on finishing it because this is something that will be the same in all the missions.
            MOOSE has all of those covered, if you are willing to give it a try.

            Comment


              #46
              I have tried but could not get it to work, a guy here on the forum even sent a example mission and posted the script but that did not help. Thought I could use it as a temporary solution, I still hope ED will implement this into the core, its a pretty central thing in carrier aviation and I cant think they will settle with people needing to use MOOSE in the long run to make the carrier aviation experience in DCS Supercarrier complete.

              Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

              Comment


                #47
                Originally posted by Spurts View Post
                I do care about the briefing room, that and the hangar deck were some of the big draws for me.
                OK but what for ?? ... right now, at this stage of SuperCarrier's module completion ??

                At the end of the SuperCarrier project, maybe ... to add a bit of Eye Candy things, to change a bit the general atmosphere before taking a plane for a long mission ... ok, why not !?
                But come on, those are really secondary fonctionnalities !!


                Just now, as the module is barely usable during MultiPlayer proper&complete missions, and still full of bugs & missing parts in the recovery plane's management even in SinglePlayer, etc ...
                ... your best wish, what you really claim is :

                - to "be able to park your plane in the Hangar"
                and
                - to "be able to see the map & change your loadout from a new room instead of from your cockpit" ?!?

                Really ??
                It doesn't seem weird to you ...??


                Sorry ... I absolutely cannot understand this sense of priority management and sadly ED seems to think like you !
                ... we are definitely not using the same Combat Flight Simulator ... !!!
                Last edited by RaiderOne; 10-03-2020, 10:40 AM.

                Comment


                  #48
                  Originally posted by RaiderOne View Post
                  OK but what for ?? ... right now, at this stage of SuperCarrier's module completion ??

                  At the end of the SuperCarrier project, maybe ... to add a bit of Eye Candy things, to change a bit the general atmosphere before taking a plane for a long mission ... ok, why not !?
                  But come on, those are really secondary fonctionnalities !!


                  Just now, as the module is barely usable during MultiPlayer proper&complete missions, and still full of bugs & missing parts in the recovery plane's management even in SinglePlayer, etc ...
                  ... your best wish, what you really claim is :

                  - to "be able to park your plane in the Hangar"
                  and
                  - to "be able to see the map & change your loadout from a new room instead of from your cockpit" ?!?

                  Really ??
                  It doesn't seem weird to you ...??


                  Sorry ... I absolutely cannot understand this sense of priority management and sadly ED seems to think like you !
                  ... we are definitely not using the same Combat Flight Simulator ... !!!
                  When it's done.

                  Supercarrier has build as a "block construction" and milestone as first module to build naval modules into DCS. And has the first module with ED make additional cockpits, LSO post has one of them and missing yet click able bottons and functionality. The briefing room, the CAG AirBoss has another.

                  Actually don't expected other "load out" UI. That has outside supercarrier, that is part of the core, and a pilot don't descend vyour airplane to reload under deck to the hangar, that is make on deck, up the ammunition and fuel by armored elevators and fuel lines. You only move the aircraft under deck to store, repair, maintenance or make room on deck to operations decks.

                  Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk
                  More news to the front
                  Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
                  My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

                  DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
                  DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
                  21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
                  Silver_Dragon Youtube

                  Comment


                    #49
                    One of (if not the main) selling point of this module was the ATC. I'd like to hear some news about future plans to support multiplayer better, and assign different entities (tower, lso and so on) to different frequencies.

                    The eye candy doesn't really matter, if at the end of the day the ATC doesn't work.

                    Comment


                      #50
                      Originally posted by RaiderOne View Post
                      No unfortunately ... not !

                      We are asking for that small modification since 4 months ... but it is still not there !!
                      Is it too complicated ...? I dunno ...

                      So if you want to get rid of this unreallistic display tool, to try to keep the experience as real as possible,
                      ... as usual with DCS, you'll have to use an unofficial workaround found by ED's customers themselves, and modify directly some .lua files in the Sim's core or module filesystem !
                      As some have said it does sound like Early Access might not be a good choice for you. We need to be aware of EA means. As for the IFOLS it is easy to disable in Lua. We have a large group and I believe all of our guys are using a OVGME enable file that turns of the artificial IFOLS. That file is pretty easy to find and modify.
                      i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz I ASUS Maximus Hero X Z370 I 64GB G Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 I EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra Gaming I Samsung EVO 1.5TB M.2 PCIe SSDs I TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle I VPC Mongoose T-50 Stick Base I Thrustmaster TPR Pedals W/Damper I 4K Curved 65" I HP Reverb Pro

                      VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet
                      sigpic
                      Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

                      Comment


                        #51
                        Originally posted by BarTzi View Post
                        One of (if not the main) selling point of this module was the ATC. I'd like to hear some news about future plans to support multiplayer better, and assign different entities (tower, lso and so on) to different frequencies.

                        The eye candy doesn't really matter, if at the end of the day the ATC doesn't work.
                        You are right ... I totally do agree !

                        That is exactly my point !

                        ... and that's the purpose of an Early Access version ... trying to solve problems on non working items !
                        That's much more important, for the moment, than developping another eye candy item ...
                        Last edited by RaiderOne; 10-08-2020, 09:31 AM.

                        Comment


                          #52
                          Seems that this module is completely stalling since release :-/. (No new "skins" like the Truman does not count for me)
                          Too bad, would love to see some improvements.

                          IMHO there are really important things that should be fixed, I hope the team is still working on them :-/.
                          Steam user - Youtube
                          I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

                          Comment


                            #53
                            Originally posted by viper2097 View Post
                            ...
                            IMHO there are really important things that should be fixed, I hope the team is still working on them :-/.
                            I do agree !

                            I believe we are many DCS customers to hope that there is still at least one person (among 150) in the dev team still working on the core of this module (not the skins, the deck crew's animations, the Eye Candy's things, the useless "Ready Room", etc...) !?

                            What I really can't understand is why they do not communicate at all ... at least to explain us that they are facing some difficulties on this module for this or that reason ... or that no team is anymore affected to this dev because of other more urgent priorities because ...


                            Come on ED ... WE ONLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SuperCarrier PROPERLY AS IT SHOULD WITH A REALISTIC ATC SYSTEM !


                            Please at least correct the major bugs ...
                            ... we do not want to wait 3 years like for the F/A-18C, to have it completed !
                            The SuperCarrier is a module very much less complex than the F/A-18C module, so that should be much quicker ...!

                            Let us understand what's happening ...?!?

                            Comment


                              #54
                              ED, when some news on SC plans & updates?
                              i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

                              Comment


                                #55
                                Am I right in saying there is still no way to assign your parking starting position on the deck for a SP mission in the mission editor? I always spawn in a stupid place I think closer to the middle of the deck.

                                Comment


                                  #56
                                  Originally posted by CoBlue View Post
                                  ED, when some news on SC plans & updates?
                                  https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=273
                                  and Briefing room and hangar has in progress.
                                  More news to the front
                                  Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings
                                  My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

                                  DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
                                  DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
                                  21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
                                  Silver_Dragon Youtube

                                  Comment


                                    #57
                                    Originally posted by CommandT View Post
                                    Am I right in saying there is still no way to assign your parking starting position on the deck for a SP mission in the mission editor? I always spawn in a stupid place I think closer to the middle of the deck.
                                    Yes.

                                    https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...7&postcount=34
                                    G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR
                                    Aircraft: FC3, F-14B
                                    / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

                                    Comment


                                      #58
                                      Originally posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
                                      https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=273
                                      and Briefing room and hangar has in progress.
                                      OK ... all the "Eye Candy's features" are well in progress ... we all know that.

                                      But ... :

                                      >> What about the real usability of the module ?
                                      >> What about all the major bugs listed since 3 or 4 months ???
                                      They are more than 150 bugs detailled in the forum !!! And none of them have been adressed so far !?!?


                                      What about the basic ATC we have hoped comming with the release in May (I don't even talk about the advanced ATC we should expect at the end) ?



                                      Still no proper answers to all those legit questions from us ... the final users !

                                      Still very disappointed about the way ED is managing the dev part of this module and the correspondent communication towards the SC's customers !!!


                                      Originally posted by BarTzi View Post
                                      The eye candy doesn't really matter, if at the end of the day the ATC doesn't work.
                                      So true ...
                                      Last edited by RaiderOne; 10-19-2020, 09:44 AM.

                                      Comment


                                        #59
                                        To be honest, I have no clue what functionality the ready room will have. Of course, it may be just eye candy, but somehow I hold on to the hope that it will be the interface for a proper mission planning tool.

                                        Comment


                                          #60
                                          Originally posted by RaiderOne View Post
                                          OK ... all the "Eye Candy's features" are well in progress ... we all know that.

                                          But ... :

                                          >> What about the real usability of the module ?
                                          >> What about all the major bugs listed since 3 or 4 months ???
                                          They are more than 150 bugs detailled in the forum !!! And none of them have been adressed so far !?!?


                                          What about the basic ATC we have hoped comming with the release in May (I don't even talk about the advanced ATC we should expect at the end) ?



                                          Still no proper answers to all those legit questions from us ... the final users !

                                          Still very disappointed about the way ED is managing the dev part of this module and the correspondent communication towards the SC's customers !!!


                                          So true ...

                                          Sorry its claims like this that do not help.

                                          We have been reporting and fixing bugs, we are working on the new features.

                                          I understand you do not like the time frame, but I can not help that. The work is ready when it is ready, as soon as it is ready we post a mini update showing the progress. Early access takes time, if you choose to participate in early access we appreciate it, it supports us and the bug reports help development. If you don't like early access we also understand, waiting and supporting us when early access is complete is still very much appreciated.

                                          Thanks

                                          Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                                          Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X