No announcement yet.

Supercarrier Mini Updates? progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is simply impossible to fit all news into one newsletter.

With newsletters we focus on what is being released next, in this case the A-10C II.

Super carrier work is in progress, early access is a long process, you will need to have patience.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
    Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderOne View Post
      ...It's an already paid module by lots of customers...

There in lies your (our) problem. They already got the money probably from majority of who will ever buy it, so they have no incentive to hurry up with finishing it. Such is the way of early access.

Comment

[...]
        That's insane !!!
        [...]
        at this point, you should know what to expect.
        even if it's hard, just wait with your purchase until the product is in a state that you deem to be worth the money. don't buy promises.

i still haven't bought the hornet to this date, because of this. of course, you are allowed to voice your opinion, if you are dissatisfied after purchase, but this does not change the fact, that purchasing on promised features makes you part of the problem.
        My personal wishlist after 2 years with dcs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873

Comment

Originally posted by Golo View Post
          There in lies your (our) problem. They already got the money probably from majority of who will ever buy it, so they have no incentive to hurry up with finishing it. Such is the way of early access.
          well, there is me and i hope there are still some other that have the patience to wait for a more robust product.
          me and my flying buddies have 4 modules already, that we plan on buying eventually, that have not yet matured to a point we find worth the asking price.
          the good thing is, that after the hypetrain has rolled past, it's easy to forget about the module. makes waiting a bit easier
          My personal wishlist after 2 years with dcs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873

Comment

Another week-news has just been published ...
            ... and absolutely no news about the Supercarrier Debug Process !!

... absolutely no news about the Supercarrier's awaited promised functionalities !!

That's insane !!!

It's an already paid module by lots of customers, it was released (almost 4 months ago) with a Big Buzz to maximize the sailing success !
            I am sure it was a sale success !
            ... but now, nobody at ED is prooving us that at least one developper is still working on it !?! ... That we could quickly have a Supercarrier really at least partly usable during full serious Multiplayer missions ???

In the WeekNews ... another Big Buzz is on the making for a succefull release of the "A-10C II" and then later the same for the "Mi-24" (see the heavy tesing for the Mi-24 in the new Syria Map video) ... but nothing for the SuperCarrier and small little things for the F/A-18C !

How long will it take to have a Debugged and fully fonctionnal & usable Supercarrier ??
            ... more than 2 years like the F/A-18C ?,

Come on ED ... please respond appropriately to your clients' many worries ...

From a disapointed old ex-Fan of ED (with a huge bunch of DCS module bought since more than 10 years)

Alright my guy, might be a good time to grab a cup of calming tea and relax for a bit. There are so many things that can affect how quickly/slowly these things hash out, but I'll just give you a couple main points.

1) ED is not a massive corporate publisher with nearly unlimited resources, both human and otherwise. Fewer resources means things can move slowly at times, regardless of if a product is early access or not. Super simple stuff.

2) The supercarrier is early access, and has been very clearly labeled as such. This means a generally usable product is available to those who wish to purchase, but users also agree that functionality is limited and there can be bugs (sometimes severe). Just because YOU paid for and want a fully functioning early access module ASAP is not in line with how early access works.

3) Coding. It's complex and full of issues that not even very experienced coders can predict. This can slow seemingly easy things down to a screeching halt. Maybe an experienced coder is on vacation/sick/whatever for 2 weeks before a problem can be addressed, then he/she finds out it's going to take a lot of effort to fix, so it gets delayed another 2 weeks. Not hard to understand.

Tie in all three of these points together, and you can see how things can get delayed pretty quickly. ED does a great job with the VERY limited resources they have. Be patient, and god speed.

Comment

higher expectation, higher disappointment.

Comment

Software is hard, incredibly hard. Having big teams working on the same thing is not as efficient in terms of man hours for value as smaller teams working on specific isolated things.

So things take time and so far the super carrier early access release and pace of updates is consistent with other DCS releases.

Personally id rather have the super carrier as it is now with some bugs and missing functionality then not have it now and be waiting for it to be more complete before release. If anyone would rather the other way around then they have the option of not using it yet or waiting until full release until buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by ignition22 View Post
                  Software is hard, incredibly hard. Having big teams working on the same thing is not as efficient in terms of man hours for value as smaller teams working on specific isolated things.

So things take time and so far the super carrier early access release and pace of updates is consistent with other DCS releases.

Personally id rather have the super carrier as it is now with some bugs and missing functionality then not have it now and be waiting for it to be more complete before release. If anyone would rather the other way around then they have the option of not using it yet or waiting until full release until buying it.
                  And to me that's the beauty of it.... giving "choice".

We could always have the alternative - no early release and no choice. (or have the experience I've had with EA games - full release with bugs that never get fixed as they release their next game for another cash grab).

I understand the frustrations, I would love to hear some news as well but I'm glad we at least have choice in this matter. ED have been transparent and given us a choice and I'm grateful for that.

Comment

Early access takes a long time, for any module.

We use early access because it does give us room to develop and bring the modules to you sooner.

Your participation in early access development helps us not only financially but with your reports and feedback. If early access is not your thing we completely understand.

Some news,

the team have nearly finished the briefing room, hopefully we can share a preview of it soon.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                    Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                      Early access takes a long time, for any module.

We use early access because it does give us room to develop and bring the modules to you sooner.

Your participation in early access development helps us not only financially but with your reports and feedback. If early access is not your thing we completely understand.

Some news,

the team have nearly finished the briefing room, hopefully we can share a preview of it soon.

thanks
                      Thanks for the update BIGNEWY. The briefing room is a welcomed addition! Can you share some if the plannes features for the briefing room in the future? I guess it's not just a model of the room with no functionality.
                      Additionally, most of us would appreciate an update on the ATC more than anything else, especially in multiplayer.

Comment

Really don't care about the briefing room.

More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...

Obutto Ozone
                        i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600
                        MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler
                        Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra
                        MFG Crosswind pedals
                        Tek Creations panels

HP reverb & TrackIr

Comment

I do care about the briefing room, that and the hangar deck were some of the big draws for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MustangSally View Post
                            More important things to fix like night marshaling and performance...
                            I'm in a virtual squadron and I think the briefing room is going to be a nice addition, but it's certainly secondary to the fixes you mention. The night experience is lacking quite a bit right now, both because of the lack of wands and because of bad perfromance and it needs to be prioritized.
                            The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs
                            vCVW-17 Discord: https://discord.gg/QxmUP9X

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum|
                            F/A-18C ,AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Comment

Its very early EA guys, things will come.

Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.

Thanks BigNewy
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post
                                You are probably right - ahem ... I hope so - but it is much too slow ! And they give no news, no explanations to show us why they are taking so much time and why they are not even able to quickly fix some small bugs that would make the use of the module at least acceptable during the early Access period !

Only thing i would ask for is that the carrier ball overlay that pops up in VR is a real deal breaker, to be honest i don't use the carrier because of it, actually obscures my view of the actual ball on the final turn.

Know it's been mentioned but if we could give one of the dev's a nudge to make this an option in the specials tab, greatly appreciated im sure by many. It was highlighted that it would be an option and i know its a simple LUA script change so please please can we push this easy win.

The overlay would have been useful back in the CV1 days but for some of us lucky ones hardware has moved on and its not needed.
                                You can move this overlay out of your screen when it appears by using your mouse ... I know it's a poor workaround but apart from modifying some game files we don't have anything else !

Anyway, sadly, since many years, flying DCS simulator force you to a constant use of MANY workarounds to make the experience acceptable !!!
                                That is no more a satisfying and acceptable situation at all for the regular supporting customers we are since many years !!

Comment

And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !
                                  This doesn't change anything since the end of May !
                                  The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!
                                  Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...

Comment

And don't bother me with the use of the Stable Version instead of the OpenBeta to solve the problems (I have both of them installed) !
                                    This doesn't change anything since the end of May !
                                    The, so called, "Stable version" is full of blocking bugs on many modules and they definitely know it !

Since the release of the Supercarrier, to maximize sales, ED is pushing the "OpenBeta Version" towards the - so called - "Stable Version" very early in the process, with lots of bugs still uncorrected !

For the releases of the Supercarrier and the P-47, both in Early Access, the so called "debug process delay" between the release of a new product on the OpenBeta and it's availability on the "Stable" Version was around ONE WEEK ONLY !!!
                                    Knowing the legendary and despairing slowness of ED to fix bugs ... you can easily imagine that one week looks like a "funny" delay to hope to fix the significative amount of bugs on those quite complex modules to a least make them usable in an acceptable way during the Early Access period ...
                                    Sorry you are unhappy,

It does not change that this is early access. Early acees means we can bring you a product earlier while we continue development. If early access isn't your thing we totally understand.

Regarding stable version and open beta, the stable build is just a more stable version of open beta which is a public test version. We test all patches in the open beta to try and prevent stopping issues, it does not mean it will be bug free.

thanks

Comment

Thanks BigNewy

I believe there is a keybind to hide/show it, but unsure what it is
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoxOne007 View Post
                                        I believe there is a keybind to hide/show it, but unsure what it is
                                        No unfortunately ... not !

We are asking for that small modification since 4 months ... but it is still not there !!
                                        Is it too complicated ...? I dunno ...

So if you want to get rid of this unreallistic display tool, to try to keep the experience as real as possible,
                                        ... as usual with DCS, you'll have to use an unofficial workaround found by ED's customers themselves, and modify directly some .lua files in the Sim's core or module filesystem !
                                        Last edited 09-21-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Did you buy an early access module by mistake?

Comment

Working...
                                          X