[REQUEST] Gunsight and NS-430 in L-39C

Alba57

Could be possible to move the NS-430 in the cockpit of the L-39C in order of being able to use it with the gunsight, like the C-101?

I don't know why you have to choose between the GPS and the gunsight. It seems to me an error of design of the module from the beginning. And I don't think is a matter of "realism" since this GPS is not a standard equipment for the L-39 and you can put it where you want, even taped somewhere in the cockpit like added in the field by the pilot himself or something.

Current GPS placement on L-39C makes sense if you look at videos of GA flying. More options would be nice, but there is a reason behind why it is placed like it is.

There are videos of GA L-39 with a commercial GPS fixed to the plexiglass of the canopy with a sucker. They could have put it anywhere. They could have put it in the right panel, as it's in LOTUS's L-39 for FXS, for example. I think what makes sense is not stripping away the weapons capability of a plane IN A MILITARY SIM for a GPS. We should not have to choose between a GPS and the use of weapons in a sim like DCS World.

It is more common for GA that the Garmin GPS unit is placed at the current position. Probably as it does not obstruct view and it is a rather clunky piece of kit. Not small like a car GPS.

img01.jpg

BUT I think it should be added to L-39ZA the same same way as C-101CC :)

Makes sense. GPS with no gunsight L-39C, GPS with gunsight L-39ZA

It is more common for GA that the Garmin GPS unit is placed at the current position. Probably as it does not obstruct view and it is a rather clunky piece of kit. Not small like a car GPS.

img01.jpg

BUT I think it should be added to L-39ZA the same same way as C-101CC :)

Makes sense. GPS with no gunsight L-39C, GPS with gunsight L-39ZA

So, you want that we have to buy another GPS for the ZA in order of being able of using the weapons with the GPS? Do you work for ED, by chance? :megalol:

This is not a civilian simulator. The L-39C is not a simulation of a GA aircraft in DCS, but a military trainer and light attack aircraft. 15 years ago, when GPS wasn't so common as today, it could happen that civilian GPS, or even just car navigators where mounted in older military jets as "field modifications" or something like that. And that's what could be simulated here with this NS-430, not a GA plane. If it's a GA plane what they are simulating, they well could remove the old ex-soviet militar equipment and upgrade the L-39C with modern radios, autopilot and other civilian equipment that usually is seen in GA L-39's.

Edited by Alba57

I do not work for ED :megalol:

It should be included and working with the L39ZA. No additional cost.

Just like it works for both versions C-101 and C-101CC. DCS is a military sim,

but I do understand the reason why they placed it that way on the L-39C. What they need to do is integrate it properly with the ZA version (w. gunsight) as it makes more sense in every way to use that version for weapons training and light attack.

The NS 430 for the L-39 module integrates the NS 430 panel directly into the L-39C cockpit (not as a pop-up display). The NS 430 is fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the L-39.

The NS 430 panel is placed in the front cockpit, and the gunsight must be turned off to operate the NS 430.[/Quote]

I must agree it is oddity that attack variant loses its attack capability because GPS unit.

Sure one should be able to pull the cables with extension through the sunshield so GPS unit can be mounted to canopy frame or top of a sunshield, so that gunsight can be attached.

But if gunsight uses same connectors as the GPS unit, then I understand that they can't share same and so on co-exist.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

At beginning Yes it was ( on C only), don't know why they disable this fonction, that was cool :cry:

So let's request they enable again the option to have GPS on the rear cockpit, I'd suggest both with gunsight enabled and disabled, at least in the c version as It already was if not possible in the za too.