No announcement yet.

NDB presets gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous ARK implementation was similar to RSBN and ARK in MiG-21 module - working on all airbases and NDBs and thus useful for current map, but not realistic.

Current implementation is more like RSBN in L-39 module - more realistic, but beacuse of that, usable only for a few airbases.

There's nothing to "fix" here, except for creating a Caucasus map with '50s-'60s airbases and NDB frequencies on it
    i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Comment

'50s-'60s airbases and NDB frequencies on it
      You can actually make your own beacons. Open the ME, plonk down a jeep, add an optional Morse soundfile for aural ID, make it transmit AM on the KHz range and that's your NDB up and working.
      The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Comment

In KA-50 too
        sigpic AMVI Forum , Youtube Channel , Facebook Page

Comment

I managed to find an original ARK-5 instruction. Unfortunately it is all in Russian language which I (sadly) do not poses. A friend of mine does translate it for me, and he insist that he found a chapter about our problem. I try to post exactly what he found (with the quote of course from original).
          From that what he describes "there was a possibility to set up on the ground three frequencies for ndb beacon in MiG15bis. Also it seems that those 3 swiches NDB-1 / NDB-2 / NDB-3 aren't standard part of ARK-5 instalation. It seems that they are added extra for MiG 15bis. Please be patient untill i find precise chapter about it.

With my best regards
          Kermit

Below a couple photos from original instruction:

Last edited by 303_Kermit; 10-09-2020, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X