Trim won't work if "USB network joystick" controller is plugged in.

See trackfile, pay attention to indicator in top left and to the trimming sound.

unplugging the controller while flying in the air won't make the joystick trim work! Players will have to despawn from in-flight and then respawn to fix it, so a frustrating thing in multiplayer-servers with aircraft-lives systems.

dcs.log also attached.

dcs.log.txt

pluggedInUSBnetworkJoystickCausingTrimFail.trk

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Even worse, unplugging the controller while flying in the air won't make the joystick trim work! Players will have to despawn from in-flight and then respawn to fix it. Will provide trackfile later.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What is a "USB network joystick?"

A controller that is neither a PS4 nor XBox controller, but can resemble them from the design, but work just a tiny bit different on the software level I think. (I have this one, for example https://www.speedlink.com/en/Gaming/PC-Gaming/Gamepads/THUNDERSTRIKE-GAMEPAD-USB-BLACK.html )

Trackfile. (gamepad plugged in, trim not working. Unplugging it while on ground, still not working. All included in this trackfile.)

Mi-8 trim still not working after unplugging gamepad-controller.trk

Seeing the masses fly with joysticks, I think the bug will be dangling at the bottom of the bug list for a very long time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Sure, but please don't assume that most DCS joystick players don't also have a controller connected to their PCs...

• 3 weeks later...

I have same problem. I have full blown Cockpit setup with TM Warthog and rudder pedals. Also I have Logitech steering wheel and if i keep it plugged into PC while enjoying Mi8 my trim does not work also.

Mi8 pilot of [VODKA] squadron

• 1 month later...

I guess the caveat is that the Logitech wheel is a FFB one (as FFB literally became standard for wheels) and the "USB network" thingy has at least some rumble motors in it. That triggers DCS to use FFB and change the trim method accordingly for helicopters. Try disabling FFB completely if you don't use it actively (with an FFB2 stick for instance), or check out the special options and try different trimmer methods there.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Same here. Have to unplug my Logitech Wireless Gamepad and restart DCS. After that, Trimming with my Warthog works just like it should

Send from my Swiss Knife via the Corkscrew

i7 6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, 32GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080Ti, Thrustmaster Warthog, Valve Index

• 4 months later...

Yep, still very frustrating, to waste time like this... (taking off, realizing "OMfg trim not working", turning around, landing again, unplug, respawn, do ENTIRE cockpit-startup procedure again, and fiiiinally taking off again.)

and restart DCS. After that, Trimming [...] works just like it should

what, you even have to restart DCS? For me, unplugging and selecting new spawn slot works fine.

This isn't an MI-8 bug. You already posted this in 2.5 and were told it is not a bug. DCS allows more combinations of input controller than any other game/sim, other than MS flight sim, but you should not start the game with unbound controllers plugged as this can cause issues and more so when using a low budget controller that doesn't even proper drivers for it, instead using generic drivers.

Make yourself a checklist that you need to follow before starting DCS.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2020 at 2:26 AM, Dagger71 said:

were told it is not a bug

where, link please.

This issue still present and teeeeerribly frustrating, pleeease ED, please!!

• D4n changed the title to Trim won't work if "USB network joystick" controller is plugged in.
8 hours ago, DanielNL said:

where, link please.

This issue still present and teeeeerribly frustrating, pleeease ED, please!!

Sorry dude. The issue will persist if you keep a non supported controller plugged in when running DCS.   Easiest fix for all you non-bug bug  reports you have ever posted.

Edited by Dagger71
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 6:53 AM, DanielNL said:

where, link please.

21 hours ago, NineLine said:

The solution was to unplug it before you start. I have a small hub on my desktop, it has power switches, I simple can switch something off if I don't want it to conflict, I have this issue in other games where I don't want my HOTAS interfering. This is not a DCS issue.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, DanielNL said:

what, you even have to restart DCS? For me, unplugging and selecting new spawn slot works fine.

Late Reply: Yepp, i have to restart DCS

Send from my Swiss Knife via the Corkscrew

i7 6700K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, 32GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080Ti, Thrustmaster Warthog, Valve Index