Developers! Give in to the urge! Release it to EA with a heavy disclaimer!!

sublime

Do it! Do it now! (Schwarznegger voice)

Cmon - youll get money and get a bunch of testers. just make a Caps 50 disclaimer that starts with

THIS IS PRE EA BUG REPORTS NOT BITCHING IF YOU COMPLAIN OR ARE TOXIC YOULL BE BOOTED AND REFUNDED. (NDAS TO ALL!)

Whose with me???

No, I'd rather have it released when it's mostly finished and with known bugs already fixed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'd rather have it finished, too. In fact, I'll probably get it at the first 50% off - let the others find the innumerable bugs that are typically found in a fresh release. :) It's a relatively simple helo, but there's still a lot of things that can go wrong, especially with the frontseater AI.

• ED Team

Hi

I know people are excited for the Mi-24, the team are working hard to get ready for early access.

As soon as we have news we will let you all know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No, I'd rather have it released when it's mostly finished and with known bugs already fixed.

Sorry Sublime, I'm with Rudel.

I won't care if it doesn't have every super-obscure rocket or bomb combo on day 1, but I think i'd want trim and handling working well, net code reliable, cannon and rocket dispersion realistic, working flares, working ATGM system... good physics with inertia.

Here's what I don't want: a "heli" released next week that looks pretty but can't be used online, has unrealistically accurate rockets, An AI assistant and autopilot that refuse to work properly or consistently, poor physics and handling that are unrealistic, all of which we'll have to wait for a year and a half to finally get fixed. That's like screaming for a date, only to get a bad date. Thanks but no thanks! :music_whistling:

Cmon - youll get money and get a bunch of testers. just make a Caps 50 disclaimer that starts with

THIS IS PRE EA BUG REPORTS NOT BITCHING IF YOU COMPLAIN OR ARE TOXIC YOULL BE BOOTED AND REFUNDED. (NDAS TO ALL!)

Whose with me???

See all that bit in capitals ?

The action of installing the module on their computer will simultaneously erase all the bits in capitals above from the brains of 25% of everyone that downloads the module.

They will then create 95% of the posts made on this and every other forum they can find complaining about how the module is unfinished, full of bugs, and they were ripped off by E.D.

( & that they now feel a messiah like need to explain to the world that E.D.'s entire business model is finding people that can't read a disclaimer & somehow tricking them into agreeing to pay for and download an unfinished product that clearly has a disclaimer on it)

• Like 1

Cheers.

Sorry Sublime, I'm with Rudel.

I won't care if it doesn't have every super-obscure rocket or bomb combo on day 1, but I think i'd want trim and handling working well, net code reliable, cannon and rocket dispersion realistic, working flares, working ATGM system... good physics with inertia.

Here's what I don't want: a "heli" released next week that looks pretty but can't be used online, has unrealistically accurate rockets, An AI assistant and autopilot that refuse to work properly or consistently, poor physics and handling that are unrealistic, all of which we'll have to wait for a year and a half to finally get fixed. That's like screaming for a date, only to get a bad date. Thanks but no thanks! :music_whistling:

I *NEVER* get this. All you have to do is *NOT* buy it until it's finished. You get what you want. But others who want early access get what they want. Both sides win, no?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

... You get what you want. But others who want early access get what they want. Both sides win, no?

No, because the early adopters will quickly forget that its early access and start whining like stuck pigs .. annoying both developers and more patient users. :noexpression:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I *NEVER* get this. All you have to do is *NOT* buy it until it's finished. You get what you want. But others who want early access get what they want. Both sides win, no?

You'd think that would work... but ... different people have different ideas of what EA ought to mean, unlike a "finished product" where nearly everyone is pretty much mostly in agreement about what that means.

A lot of people get upset when this and that are good, but "OMG I can't believe they let this out the door, and WTF is that anyway, I just can't even..."

And then people get upset that the wait for this or that is "taking so incredibly long", and once they get it the complaining just never stops, just gets louder and louder...

Nah, I can understand maybe not waiting for EVERY piece of ordnance to be fully finished, but for the most part, the aircraft and it's systems ought to be 95% complete, with at least say 80% of ordnance working correctly... or your' gonna have a million babies crying about this and that. Not that some isn't justified. It's just, it's not good policy to sell half-complete product, it causes all sorts of trust issues with customers, many of whom won't understand EA before they buy. Sure you can make a giant 200ft tall neon blinking disclaimer, people will still feel upset.

Look for the Hornet, EA made some sense: it's an enormously complex weapons system, with "5 million" types of the most complex guided ordnance to model correctly, carrier ops, network code, many computer display pages... there's just a LOT there, they knew it was going to take years of work, EA enabled them to have some revenue to help pay for it's own completion, so I think it made a lot of sense. But even then, it's been the subject of endless crying about this and that, some deserved and some totally unreasonable, but it's been kind of a roller coaster for ED and the customers flying it. And yet, for the Hornet, and maybe Viper, they probably needed early access sales or they'd never get far into development.

But for aircraft that are, shall way say, simpler, less complex, have somewhat fewer complex weapons, less fire conrol or radar type systems to model, I don't think early access makes sense, you'll get all the headaches and few of the benefits of an EA program.

Just IMO.

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1

Whose with me???

You don't want people to complain in EA, really? You just want "positive" feedback? What if multi-crew takes years? or AI-gunner is broken for months? or bugs are ignored? or things aren't like promised? etc, etc. Of course people have the right to complain or "bitch" in such matters, if they paid upfront.

And what would the "no complaining/bitching policy" exactly help with?

Did people forget F-16 release, (it's 1 year old now). SC no new features since release. Yak-52 no bug fixes for 3 years. AV8B half-baked systems +5 years, out of EA with ED's approval.

Not buying Mi-24 if it doesn't have the "more sophisticated AI-gunner then Jester" or Multi-Crew at release. No more money upfront until I see a finished working product.

Edited by CoBlue
  • Like 2

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Whose with me???

All I can say is I'm really glad people like you aren't in charge of anything important. *looks at USA* Usually.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

you got me banned for 2 years over nonsense

oh yeah here's the 'its always someone else's fault' attitude which is exactly why we cant have nice things

sorry your thread blew up in your face and now you're trying to backpedal out of it

'haha trolled u all it was just a joke'

Edited by probad

Well, it was not a very funny joke, in any case. If that's the peak of your comedic ability, then the ban was probably well-deserved (but hey, at least it wasn't puns...). :)

Seriously, though, you need to work on your delivery. It wasn't "Schwarzenegger voice", you sounded like a random internet kid with no undestanding of netiquette. Those are common enough that simply imitating them and things they post (which is exactly the sort of over the top drivel you posted) instead of being funny, just pegs you as one of these. We also do not need random joke threads on this board.

oh yeah here's the 'its always someone else's fault' attitude which is exactly why we cant have nice things

sorry your thread blew up in your face and now you're trying to backpedal out of it

'haha trolled u all it was just a joke'

riiight. no, there was no trolling, trolling would be like fake info. It was a mere joke. I just asked you to stay away from me, because you have a nasty habit of being rude and calling people names, then reporting them if they respond in kind. I have no respect for that, nor you. please stop responding to me thanks.