Flap setting Hotas

LNR212

Wondering about that too. C-101 and Hawk do support this feature

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Something I want to try is the warning button on the throttle as a flaps up button, and see if it will override the actual flaps control switch position on the throttle.

So flaps control for takeoff (say up) and landing (down position). The center has no function, so would the warning button raise flaps and ignore the position of the flaps switch?

Will try later this evening when I get home, if someone doesn't do it first , nudge nudge.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Using TM target is not a fix, it is a hack. Considering the HOTAS Warthog was designed for DCS - and the A10C model supports it properly only without the use of TM Target - other models should follow suit. To do otherwise sets a poor example and I am genuinely surprised that the flap switch was set this way given that copying the A10C flap system would have been presumably less work...

In short: Please add control binds for HOTAS Warthog users, for we are many.

Ok, the little workaround in post #3 works fine.

1 thing I noticed is the flaps just raise themselves to the flight (full up) position after you exceed around 300kmh from the takeoff position.

Not sure how the real jet works, but from the manual

If pilot in good time does not retract flaps, they will be retracted automatically at speed of more than 310 km/h.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

This feature request has been posted a lot of times already on this forum, but now that EDGE is out we can hope, that ED has the resources to enhance the control binding gui to support the off state of toggle switches.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

OK, I see I'm not the only one wanting this feature... ("Feature" is the wrong word, I know)

I know there are some lua-hacks for stuff like this, but I don't want to mess around and this target-software is no choice for me either...

So maybe in future we will get a update for this. And maybe other switches for other modules which are "activated" as long as they are pressed and "released" if they are not pressed. (no toggling)

In short: Please add control binds for HOTAS Warthog users, for we are many.

This.....

When they first announced this module I didnt pre order. Thought it was too close to the Hawk, C101 stable. Just another "two seat" single seat jet. I purchased it shortly after release as I liked the two seat option they suprised us with. :thumbup:

But now......WOW what a fantastic module. An absolute joy to fly, great fun in multiplayer with the second seat (really looking forward to getting the rear pit more functional) beautiful flight model. ED really gave us something special with this little jet, thanks guys for all your hard work :)

Ok back to topic, the only thing lacking is the control binds for the HOTAS. Please please add these for us Warthog users, yup there are a good few of us :joystick:

Please give us the icing on a very tasty cake.......

Oh and for anyone else who, like me, was sitting on the fence with this module and is reading this. Do yourself a favour and add it to your DCS hangar, you wont regret it. I paid full price and its worth every dollar.

Well done ED on a truly fantastic module. :thumbup:

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

You could simply add alternate bindings as usual for the warthog in the default.lua:

{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	up = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	value_down = 1,	value_up = 2,	name = _('Alternate Flaps Flight/Takeoff Position'),  category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	up = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	value_down = 3,	value_up = 2,	name = _('Alternate Flaps Landing Position'), category = _('Systems')},

I'm using JSGME to modify the default.lua.

This.....

When they first announced this module I didnt pre order. Thought it was too close to the Hawk, C101 stable. Just another "two seat" single seat jet. I purchased it shortly after release as I liked the two seat option they suprised us with. :thumbup:

But now......WOW what a fantastic module. An absolute joy to fly, great fun in multiplayer with the second seat (really looking forward to getting the rear pit more functional) beautiful flight model. ED really gave us something special with this little jet, thanks guys for all your hard work :)

Ok back to topic, the only thing lacking is the control binds for the HOTAS. Please please add these for us Warthog users, yup there are a good few of us :joystick:

Please give us the icing on a very tasty cake.......

Oh and for anyone else who, like me, was sitting on the fence with this module and is reading this. Do yourself a favour and add it to your DCS hangar, you wont regret it. I paid full price and its worth every dollar.

Well done ED on a truly fantastic module. :thumbup:

Exactly my opinion, mate. +1

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Yes yes. L39 is super fun. Nice Cockpits. External model is also very good. Flight model is superb. Its a fun to fly this plane. And besto of all. We get 2 planes for price of one. The L-39Za wich will be even more fun.

Great job.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

You could simply add alternate bindings as usual for the warthog in the default.lua:

{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	up = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	value_down = 1,	value_up = 2,	name = _('Alternate Flaps Flight/Takeoff Position'),  category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	up = iCommandPlaneFlaps,	value_down = 3,	value_up = 2,	name = _('Alternate Flaps Landing Position'), category = _('Systems')},

This ^

I still don't know why most modules do not have compatible TM WH control bindings as they come, with how many people use this HOTAS.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

This feature request has been posted a lot of times already on this forum, but now that EDGE is out we can hope, that ED has the resources to enhance the control binding gui to support the off state of toggle switches.

Second that and add that all clickable cockpit switches, knobs, etc., should have an associated key mapping.

I noticed that the CB's associated with the start-up procedure, for example Battery, Inverters and Radio (ROD) CB switches have no key mapped in Options/Controls.

Makes it impossible to create a HOTAS or Joystick Button mapped to the function.

Please fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

This ^

I still don't know why most modules do not have compatible TM WH control bindings as they come, with how many people use this HOTAS.

Yeah, I totally agree with you but, at least we are able to modify a lot in DCS!

• Like 1

Second that and add that all clickable cockpit switches, knobs, etc., should have an associated key mapping.

I noticed that the CB's associated with the start-up procedure, for example Battery, Inverters and Radio (ROD) CB switches have no key mapped in Options/Controls.

Makes it impossible to create a HOTAS or Joystick Button mapped to the function.

Please fix.

I have a thread for this issue.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2511210#post2511210

Please add more mappings that are missing or defunct if you find them.

Thanks ! :thumbup:

this is also applicable to Su-25/Su-25T (just tried in 1.5) and L-39 (just tried). It only works without target for A-10C only in the entire module catalog. I hope ED implements the middle setting (which is MVR - maneuver) as a registerable button for all modules not just L-39.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I don't think those work quite right. Without value_up=4 on the first line, moving the flaps to the middle position leaves both the flight and takeoff buttons pressed, which confuses the sim. If you then manually un-press the flight position, the flaps will move into the takeoff position.

Just peculiar that non PFM modules dont also get the TMWH hump STOP/IDLE. L-39 we could have hump STOP/IDLE.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi,

Could you explain those code lines a little bit, please? I would really like to have this feature for the L-39, but unfortunately those code lines look like gibberish to me. And I don't want to mess with the system files by adding code that I have no idea what it does and how it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I'm just going to copy the relevant parts from the modded MiG-21 lua that I have that allows it. When I get it working I'll post the default.lua here so you have it. And we may be able to get some code from the A-10c default.lua to activate the stop/idle for the throttle as the Warthog has you do this for engine start.

Here's a modded default.lua that contains new settings for both 3 position flaps for the Warthog HOTAS and for stepping over the gate when starting the engines, from STOP to IDLE.

Place it in /DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/L-39C/input/L-39C/joystick.

Recommend backing up the default.lua first

cheers

default.lua

Hi,

Could you explain those code lines a little bit, please? I would really like to have this feature for the L-39, but unfortunately those code lines look like gibberish to me. And I don't want to mess with the system files by adding code that I have no idea what it does and how it works.

Okay, the basics is this:

{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps, up = iCommandPlaneFlaps, value_down = 1, value_up = 2, name = _('Alternate Flaps Flight/Takeoff Position'), category = _('Systems')},

{down = iCommandPlaneFlaps, up = iCommandPlaneFlaps, value_down = 3, value_up = 2, name = _('Alternate Flaps Landing Position'), category = _('Systems')},

First of all, you're adding two new commands into the "Systems" category in your key binding menu. (Thus, it doesn't affect any existing bindings.)

These new bindings get the name attribute, and it's common to use "Alternate" in the name of new commands so that they're not mistaken for the originals.

Lastly, if you bind a key or warthog switch to the first one, you'll get the value 1 sent to iCommandPlaneFlaps() when it is pressed, and the value 2 sent when it is released.

For the 2nd one, you get the value 3 sent when it is pressed, and the value 2 sent when it is released.

In this fashion, since 1 = normal flight, 2 = takeoff, and 3 = landing flaps, this lets you use the 3-position warthog flaps switch to control the three flap positions in the L-39C.

To actually use the above bindings, you would go into the key bindings menu, and unbind existing flap controls, and set your warthog's flaps into the middle (takeoff) position. Then click on the "Alternate Flaps Flight/Takeoff Position" and bind it to moving that lever up. Once that's bound, put it back in the middle, and then bind the down motion of that lever to "Alternate Flaps Landing Position" and you should be good-to-go.

Note that the above lua *mostly* works correctly, provided you don't issue 2 flaps changes when you're in an aerodynamic state that doesn't allow the flaps to be lowered. If that happens, it's possible to get a button "stuck" in the down position, which you'll then need to press manually to get it to work properly.

Hopefully this is something that ED can clean up, to support warthog users a bit better. (The default flaps controls send states 4/5/6 when released)

Oh, and I recommend just installing this control with JSGME, that way you can disable/enable it as necessary as the game gets updated.

Edited by gospadin