Announcement

Collapse

EagleWiki:Troubleshooting

EagleWiki:Troubleshooting

It's intended to be an illustrated known bugs data base with solutions and workarounds.

I shall maintain and fill it. Feel free to contribute: add, edit or even fix any mistakes, eg. tech, grammar and stylistic. Welcome!

Eagle Wiki discussion thread.
See more
See less

Rotor strike well within flight envelope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor strike well within flight envelope

I've encountered a recent issues with the flight model yesterday.
    We were doing some Helo training in Beslan and all of our KA-50 were experiencing rotor strikes well within the flight envelope.
    I would fall out of the sky when turning only slightly left when flying 250 km/h at 500 meters. At the current air temp (10°C) I should have been able to maneuver up to 300 km/h (at least according to the plaque on the left side of the cockpit).
    Attached Files
    Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

Your track doesn't contain any replay information, so there is nothing to look at.

In case you don't know: the number on the HUD is NOT indicated airspeed.
    IAS is shown on the HUD as a scale and it comes with a small 'max speed' indicator. Easiest tool to avoid overspeed.

The max speed does NOT account for maneuvering. It only warns you about a rotor clash in forward flight. Don't try to maneuver while the alarm is going off. Increase in collective and/or kicking the rudder the wrong way will most likely result in a crash (unless you know exactly how to handle the aircraft).

Comment

Working...
    X