Communications Menu not working?

Two-Six

In the options under radio communications the communications menu is set to \

Under the communications menu switch to main menu is Lctrl and \

I don't have a left windows key as I have a gamers keyboard which could be a problem

SO far no comms menu....I should be able to get a menu to talk to ATC, ground crew, my wingman and flight shouldn't I?

I don't need to do anything special to get it right?

Still not working.

Well you need to be on the correct frequency to get a response but \ should still open the comms menu regardless, if i remember correctly. Did you look for the comms key in the cyclic controls? The Black Shark's radio button is on the cyclic.

Edited by IonicRipper

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

radio

under radio communication, is communication menu this should be R Alt + \ and under cyclic stick is spua ptt this is \ and the key board command is definately R Alt +\

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

Two Six...I have the same problem. I'm still working with BS1 as I want to go through all the Training missions before installing BS2.

I've tried all the combinations I can think of AND I've tried what everyone has been suggesting. However, still no joy. I am using a standard keyboard.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

yep I am glad its not just me then....I have tried every possible combination of keys that might go with \ and / still no comms menu...

I have a cougar HOTAS too and the comms menu isn't catered for in Viper's very very good cougar profile....

the quick radio menu disables at least when far from airfield... use radio menus instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have tried those as well. I assume you mean such items as 'Q+Lt. Win.

Not a sausage. Nowt. Nothing appears at all.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

whats even more drastic, is multiplayer chat mapped by default to Rctrl+M. we should all remap that thing.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I re-mapped it to TAB..That worked!!

Well it did at the FARP but then as soon as I take off or do something else it seems to stop working.......

Okay thats good, it means you're on the right track. I also had trouble using the comms after take-off. When easy communications is ticked off in the gameplay options (e.i. using realistic comms), you have to use RAlt \ once in the air to contact someone. I'm not sure why exactly but that's how it is. If remapping the \ comms to TAB worked, maybe remapping the RAlt \ to something else will work as well. You can find it under the Cyclic controls.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay thats good, it means you're on the right track. I also had trouble using the comms after take-off. When easy communications is ticked off in the gameplay options (e.i. using realistic comms), you have to use RAlt \ once in the air to contact someone. I'm not sure why exactly but that's how it is. If remapping the \ comms to TAB worked, maybe remapping the RAlt \ to something else will work as well. You can find it under the Cyclic controls.

Also, manually setting the radio station rotary dials will be necessary with some missions and some servers, like the 74th Fighting Tygers.

I have successfully used RAlt+\ 100 km out for a bearing home when I have flight damage, but it does depend on how the server mission is setup, I think.

I use the BS2 upgrade, step by step upgrades since BS1 in DCS World.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope not using a multi monitor.

I have tried some more and re-mapped switch dialogue and switch to main menu to Lalt+TAB and Lshift+TAB too.

I also unmapped anything that uses the TAB key. I found two things get new plane in MP and another thing I am sure I wont use.

I can't find anything to do with radio and the cyclic options..

I still get a radio menu at a base or farp with my TAB key but as soon as I statr flying about ..no menu again..

Hummmmm

Sorry, i should have told you the radio in the Cyclic commands is actually called SPU-9 PTT. Remap that command to something else (perhaps Shift TAB or something like that?) and it should work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try 'RAlt + #' key combination (no apostrophies or the + key obviously).

This worked for me. The \ key isn't mapped correctly, at least for me it wasn't. I use a UK keyboard but the key is still the same. Try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

• 7 years later...

Hi guys, I’m new to the game and just going through training and this (among many other things) has been really bugging me. There’s been quite a few occasions where mapped buttons don’t work as the tutorials suggest, and some tutorials even miss things out altogether.

I’ve been trying to map a comms button to the keyboard and tried a few different ones but none are working. I can however map a joystick button which does work. I’m soooo keen to get really into this game but my word it’s not made user friendly at all.