English Version of Mig-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Version of Mig-29

I was just watching a YT video on the NATO or West German version of the Mig-29 where I notice most of the controls and labels in the cockpit have been converted over to English.
    Is there a way to do that in DCS. I find it very confusing trying to know what controls I am supposed to be using when everything's in Russian.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxrOAkXaPFA

I agree, we also need russian versions of the f/a- 18, f16 and a10.
    Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

Comment

Originally posted by msmith301 View Post
      Is there a way to do that in DCS. I find it very confusing trying to know what controls I am supposed to be using when everything's in Russian.
      Yes, there is:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2081947/
      For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
      For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
      Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
        Very cool.
        Thanks.

Comment

The plane in the vid is a MiG-29G, so yes it definitely wouldnt be in russian afaik. The DCS MiG-29G may have some stuff changed afaik?
          Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?
          HP Z400 Workstation
          Intel Xeon W3680(i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-...J-QUX5M7Dh1pGg
          sigpic
          The Alamo Squadron is looking for dedicated Air-to-Air focused pilots
          For more detailed recruiting information, see our forums.

Comment

I strongly disagree! Lear how to read the Azbuka. It will only helps your brain to think outside of the box...

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_H View Post
              I agree, we also need russian versions of the f/a- 18, f16 and a10.
              U're good

Comment

Those pesky MiGs pop up everywhere. Here is a US version apparently!
                Attached Files
                Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Comment

Where should this file mod go and what should the file line look like?
                  While I can select the english version in the settings special window the english version of the cockpits don't show up.
                  Last edited 09-20-2020, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Where should this file mod go and what should the file line look like?
                    While I can select the english version in the settings special window the english version of the cockpits don't show up.
                    It’s been a while since I installed it, so I don’t remember exactly how it went ... the file does not include install instructions?
                    For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                    For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
                      It’s been a while since I installed it, so I don’t remember exactly how it went ... the file does not include install instructions?
                      By following the instructions given with the file it told me to overwrite my "liveries" file in saved games which did away with all my other aircraft "liveries" such as all the F-5E liveries.
                      Where I had several to choose from now i only have 2.
                      Attached Files

Comment

By following the instructions given with the file it told me to overwrite my "liveries" file in saved games which did away with all my other aircraft "liveries" such as all the F-5E liveries.
                        Where I had several to choose from now i only have 2.
                        What it should tell you is to copy the three MIG-29 cockpit files and put them in the "Liveries" folder with all the others. Not to overwrite the liveries folder.
                        Now I don't know how to get the others back without a full reinstall.
                        Hate to do that with all the modules I've purchased.

Comment

Here is shown where to place the custom cockpits:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=38

Comment

What it should tell you is to copy the three MIG-29 cockpit files and put them in the "Liveries" folder with all the others. Not to overwrite the liveries folder.
                            Now I don't know how to get the others back without a full reinstall.
                            Hate to do that with all the modules I've purchased.
                            https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...rt/faq/repair/
                            G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR
                            Aircraft: FC3, F-14B
                            / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

Comment

Working...
                            X