TXDSG

hein22

So the "transmit designation" button on the SA will allow us to see what other flights are designating, just like the "broadcast spi" in the a10c. My question is if anyone knows, will we be able to do anything with that symbol like hook, designate, create a markpoint, etc?

Stay safe

That’s a question that I’ve asked before, and same response.

No one seems to know at the moment. However, the Hornet is not the A10, the A to G datalink functions are I suspect a little more limited. My prediction is that at best, we’ll be able to create our own TGT point at the location of the transmitted point. And maybe possibly view the target under cursor on the JHMCS.

But I’m guessing in the absence of other info.

Yeah, I think that'd be enough. Making a TGT where others are looking will be great. I was asking this because with the limited hornet we have in dcs I was worried that it will be only able to see the point but not interact with it.

Stay safe

Yeah, I think that'd be enough. Making a TGT where others are looking will be great. I was asking this because with the limited hornet we have in dcs I was worried that it will be only able to see the point but not interact with it.

That’s still very possible. A non interactive symbol.

The SA page we’ve got probably represents an early iteration anyway. Comparing ours to more recent references shows differences. More advanced features, comparable to very good F-16 and A10 integration may have come later.

I really hope not. A non interactive symbol would be useless for a combat pilot in a combat scenario where lives are at stake. Just being able to make a TGT on that spot will be great.

You have read what Klarsnow wrote about JHMCS right?

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2