Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NOT CORRECT FOR YEAR] GBU-54 for Hornet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NOT CORRECT FOR YEAR] GBU-54 for Hornet ?

With the upcoming GBU-54 LJDAM for A10C II, will it be port to F/A18C at the same time ? Might be "too wishfull" but it's worth asking :p

No.
    ..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Comment

I can think of a few other weapons that are [NOT CORRECT FOR YEAR] that we have in dcs anyway.
      https://forums.eagle.ru/filedata/fetch?filedataid=259172&type=medium
      476th vFG Public Discord| 476th vFG Website

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftwin9s View Post
        I can think of a few other weapons that are [NOT CORRECT FOR YEAR] that we have in dcs anyway.
        +1

.. btw does anybody know if the USMC Legacy Hornets that are still in service utilize the GBU-54?

Did not find anything after a (very) quick google search, but maybe here is someone who knows that.
        Last edited by Andartu; 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andartu View Post
          +1

.. btw does anybody know if the USMC Legacy Hornets that are still in service utilize the GBU-54?

Did not find anything after a (very) quick google search, but maybe here is someone who knows that.
          Does it matter? USN legacy hornets used it before they retired anyway.

Comment

Fair enough. So in the end we -should- get them.

Comment

Some "hardcore simers" might tear they shirt a part, like they did with the BRU-55A (the "smart rack" for JDAM) even tough' they could just not use it and deny it on their server

IMHO i think we should have it since it was used by the planes but that still just an opinion.

Comment

Which out of curiosity?

Because personally, if it's compatible with our current Hornet, and the weapon doesn't come after the year our Hornet is supposed to represent, I don't see the issue.
                Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk
                Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cHQdNq

Comment

Originally posted by Northstar98 View Post
                  Which out of curiosity?

Because personally, if it's compatible with our current Hornet, and the weapon doesn't come after the year our Hornet is supposed to represent, I don't see the issue.
                  We are sold a mid-2000s hornet right? Yet we have SLAM which retired in 1999, and Walleye which retired in 1990s. Not to mention the AAMs, but I will ignore those.

Comment

Kind of funny how users have been very vocal that "APKWS doesn't require any changes to the jet to work!" and yet in the first implementation video released they have a custom weapon name in the DSMS for the A-10.

Seems that a lot of what people think is "strap on" really isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by randomTOTEN View Post
                      Kind of funny how users have been very vocal that "APKWS doesn't require any changes to the jet to work!" and yet in the first implementation video released they have a custom weapon name in the DSMS for the A-10.

Indeed!
                      Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

sigpic

Comment

We are sold a mid-2000s hornet right? Yet we have SLAM which retired in 1999, and Walleye which retired in 1990s. Not to mention the AAMs, but I will ignore those.
                        Thing is, are those weapons still physically compatible with our current Hornet? If yes, then IMO they can stay. If however they aren't compatible, then fair enough.
                        Last edited by Northstar98; 10-01-2020, 02:14 PM.
                        Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk
                        Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cHQdNq

Comment

Yeah, a different name is a serious requirement which would make them, without it, totally inoperable. Probably the whole aircraft would blow up.

Or maybe it is just to help the pilot to select the correct variant if also regular rockets were loaded? Or perhaps even to tell the SMS that auto lase is an option for this kind of weapon?

There is still no technical necessity to have anything of that available on the aircraft, but of course it makes life easier.

(btw, noticed how the RKT reticle is still the original one? The rest of the SMS and the aircraft still sees them as dumb rockets ...)
                          Did you know? True Harrier fans contribute to the AV-8B Community Bugtracker!

Comment

Originally posted by Flagrum View Post
                            Yeah, a different name is a serious requirement which would make them, without it, totally inoperable. Probably the whole aircraft would blow up.

Or maybe it is just to help the pilot to select the correct variant if also regular rockets were loaded? Or perhaps even to tell the SMS that auto lase is an option for this kind of weapon?

There is still no technical necessity to have anything of that available on the aircraft, but of course it makes life easier.

(btw, noticed how the RKT reticle is still the original one? The rest of the SMS and the aircraft still sees them as dumb rockets ...)

will be interesting to test this out once the module releases. load laser rockets then manually designate them as regular hydras through the dsms. if everything is simulated correctly they should still work

Comment

BAE Systems entered the chat and have something to say.

Then the DSMS for the A-10 is clearly wrong or, which is more likely, it is possible to put a different store type to the inventory on the DTS which makes sense if you might also carry unguided rockets at the same time so the DSMS doesn't pack them together. But it's not mandatory for the system to work at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X