Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raven One: upcoming DLC campaign for F/A-18 Hornet

I am thrilled to announce the new upcoming F/A-18 campaign for DCS World called "RAVEN ONE", which we will develop in cooperation with former Hornet pilots Jell-o and Sunshine from the Fighter Pilot Podcast (FPP).

The campaign will take place in the Persian Gulf and will be based on a novel by Kevin Miller of the same title. Moreover, Kevin agreed to also get involved in the creation process for even more authentic experience.

We're looking at minimum 15 missions recreating some of the events from the book and maintaining the highest possible standards when it comes to realism (limited of course by the DCS engine and making sure they are entertaining and fun to fly).
    For more information, make sure to keep an eye on my Facebook Page, FPP website and FB page, as well on the podcast itself.

And do grab Kevin Miller's novel - it is a great read for all Hornet fans.

Links:
    Fighter Pilot Podcast
    @fighterpilotpodcast (Facebook)
    Raven One for Kindle

And a teaser:

Plus short video of WiP AAA over Bandar Abbas:

And the previews by guys who helped me with voiceovers and agreed to stream some of the missions:

Last edited 07-03-2020, 08:28 AM.

Grandslam
    Intel i7-7700K @ 4.9GHz | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2070S | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter + Saitek X52 Pro Throttle + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | Oculus Rift S
    FC3 | A-10C | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16
    NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier

Comment

Originally posted by baltic_dragon View Post
      And do grab Kevin Miller's novel - it is a great read for all Hornet fans.
      Already done
      sigpic

Comment

Many thanks, first day buying.

Comment

Fantastic news!
          The book series is excellent, and enrolling the author is an achievement in itself.
          Where can I buy?
          Details:
          Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM
          MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G
          Win 10 Home

Comment

Uuuuu is dog fighting in unarmed F/A-18 against MIG-35 included? ;-)
            So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by gabuzomeu View Post
              Fantastic news!
              The book series is excellent, and enrolling the author is an achievement in itself.
              Where can I buy?
              Well the development will take a few months (it will be a very complicated project and I also want to wait for some extra goodies for Hornet coming our way) - once it is ready it will be available for purchase just as all the other campaigns.

Originally posted by veenee View Post
              Uuuuu is dog fighting in unarmed F/A-18 against MIG-35 included? ;-)
              I will see what I can do. Don’t forget about the AAR just after that... there obviously will be changes in what is happening with regard to the book version, if DCS limitations (or AI behaviour) require it. There will also be extra missions not described in the novel. I am in the process of getting very good people (many of whom you will know) to do the VOs for various characters featured in the book stay tuned for more info.

Comment

Perfect! Please finish the A-10C training campaign first (eagerly awaiting this one, for the old warhorse!), before you start working on the F/A-18 campaign.
                Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, Palit RTX 2080 TI, 1 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by baltic_dragon View Post

The campaign will take place in the Persian Gulf
                  dead end for me but happy hunting for those who have this map
                  FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-4E
                  Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria
                  NS-430 | Supercarrier
                  Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | AH-64

Youtube
                  Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 32 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle and Stick - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4

Comment

Will you design this with the finished f18 in mind? In the book they use targeting pods and gps guided munitions which we don't have yet.

This sounds good. Will probably buy this once it's released. I liked the book even though the crazy iranian bad guy was unnecessary imo.

Comment

Originally posted by tintifaxl View Post
                      Perfect! Please finish the A-10C training campaign first (eagerly awaiting this one, for the old warhorse!), before you start working on the F/A-18 campaign.
                      Hey tintifaxl. I am pretty sure that the Iron Flag will be out before this one. We had a long break due to a natural disaster - Doughboy, who is doing most of research and writing had his house severely damaged by the Michael hurricane. But the good news is that we're back on track now, actively working on the new scripts and finishing missions (1,2,3,4 and 7 ready, 5 in production, 6 and 8 in writing). And I like to work on several projects at the same time, that way things never are boring.

Originally posted by Tenkom View Post
                      Will you design this with the finished f18 in mind? In the book they use targeting pods and gps guided munitions which we don't have yet.

This sounds good. Will probably buy this once it's released. I liked the book even though the crazy iranian bad guy was unnecessary imo.
                      Yes, I will be writing / developing missions assuming that by the time campaign is ready we will get the TGP and GBUs.

Comment

Sounds very good to me. Will be paid campaign or free?
                        ..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Comment

With the way the FA-18C is coming out stronger by the weeks, I knew some big and robust campaign was going to be in the oven.
                          Most certainly will be getting this when fully baked.

God's speed guys and cheers.
                          Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Comment

Awesome! Loved the series. Can’t wait to fly with Cajun, Weed and of course Flip!

Just call all the AI Saint, they fly like him anyway
                            Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by splash View Post
                              Many thanks, first day buying.
                              Same here!
                              Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta.

Comment

This is excellent terrain.

Originally posted by ebabil View Post
                                dead end for me but happy hunting for those who have this map

Hey, don't get yourself excluded for no reason. PG is a perfect terrain in my opinion compared to what is available today in DCS.

It is well worth getting it, probably there will be some sort of sale by the time this campaign is ready anyway. Perhaps even a bundle (just a thought)...
                                Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Gierasimov View Post
                                  Hey, don't get yourself excluded for no reason. PG is a perfect terrain in my opinion compared to what is available today in DCS.

It is well worth getting it, probably there will be some sort of sale by the time this campaign is ready anyway. Perhaps even a bundle (just a thought)...
                                  +1
                                  Well worth a buy during the discount or bundle sales by ED.
                                  Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Comment

I read all the Raven books and look forward to these missions! It actually inspired several missions I made for myself, so I look forward to see what the pros do.
                                    The State Military (CVW-17)

sigpic

RAM 301
                                    F/A-18C BuNo 165212
                                    VFA-83

CAPT W. “Grekko” Loomis
                                    www.statelyfe.com

Comment

Awesome! Already hyped

I'm currently finishing the third book

Enviado desde mi 6055P mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAngel1 View Post
                                        Sounds very good to me. Will be paid campaign or free?
                                        It will be a DLC. Paid campaign.

Originally posted by Sandman1330 View Post
                                        Awesome! Loved the series. Can’t wait to fly with Cajun, Weed and of course Flip!

Just call all the AI Saint, they fly like him anyway
                                        You'll probably fly as Flip, which would make sense if you are to have a few wingmen. Got good people lined up for VOs (that is a small surprise), including Olive and Psycho And good idea for the Saint, I want to portray him in the campaign just as he is in the book....

Originally posted by Gierasimov View Post

Yep! Worth grabbing in my opinion, many good campaigns to come there.

Comment

Working...
                                        X