[REPORTED] TWS BIAS Mode unable altitude change after TWS AUTO

GumidekCZ

The problem not only exists in TWS MAN Mode. If you change from TWS Auto to RWS the same problem occurs. The radar elevation can not be changed manually. You always have to cycle through TWS Auto and TWS MAN manually several times until you end up with TWS MAN then you can change once the radar elevation. If you then change to any other mode (TWS or RWS) radar elevation is stuck again until you change back to TWS MAN manually (after once cycling through TWS AUTO). This is a short time work around but surely not intentionall as you can not change modes and change radar elevation. In a BVR engagement this is not really a situation you want to handle additionally.

I just flew the Hornet in MP and after an engagement where I switched a couple of times between RWS, TWS AUTO, TWS MAN and ACM my radar elevation became stuck. I was not able to change the radar elevation anymore (not even in RWS) for the remainder of the flight. I have the track file, but it is rather useless as it happened after 2h of flying.

It's also not the first time this happened to me. The same thing happened on another flight a few months ago.

Additionally, when I landed back at base with the radar elevation still stuck, but radar turned to STBY to land I suddenly locked some target when I pressed the NWS button on the runway to taxi clear. It almost seemed like some sort of ACM mode was still active, even though the radar was switched to STBY. The lock was shown in the HUD and I was not able to drop the lock, not even by switching the radar to OFF. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah I'm having these issues with the Hornet radar where the elevation gets stuck after changing TWS modes and RWS. I've been never able to reproduce the issue but I think you guys got it. There's a nasty bug there.

Also the 'ghost' lock @QuiGonmentions has happened to me many times. Sometimes this ghost contact gets to Angels -77 and can't be unlocked.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 10:18 AM, Al-Azraq said:

Yeah I'm having these issues with the Hornet radar where the elevation gets stuck after changing TWS modes and RWS. I've been never able to reproduce the issue but I think you guys got it. There's a nasty bug there.

Indeed, I get this issue pretty regularly when flying online, but I have not managed to reproduce it in a test environment.

@BIGNEWY I've attached a track file of a rather short online flight today, where this issue occured once again (you can see the radar being stuck at the end of the flight when fuel is below 2000). I've also tried to reproduce it in a test environment, but wasn't able to do so. When flying online I run into this issue almost everytime when I switch between RWS and TWS in a fight. Not sure what causes it, but it's pretty annoying when your radar gets stuck. I've lost all confidence in TWS because of this and stick to RWS only until this gets fixed.

Edit: Nvm, even though it was just a rather short flight, the file is too big to upload it...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, Thallios said:

The problem not only exists in TWS MAN Mode. If you change from TWS Auto to RWS the same problem occurs. The radar elevation can not be changed manually. You always have to cycle through TWS Auto and TWS MAN manually several times until you end up with TWS MAN then you can change once the radar elevation. If you then change to any other mode (TWS or RWS) radar elevation is stuck again until you change back to TWS MAN manually (after once cycling through TWS AUTO). This is a short time work around but surely not intentionall as you can not change modes and change radar elevation. In a BVR engagement this is not really a situation you want to handle additionally.

this problem is still present in latest OB, but the solution Thallios posted no longer works for me.

therefore i cant use TWS AUTO, because then radar elevation doesnt work in RWS until respawn.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 3 weeks later...

Use the AZ/EL page to manipulate azimuth and elevation in TWS. BIAS in it's current state only makes your life worse.

EDIT: After going AUTO->BIAS->RESET I can just toggle AUTO/MAN back to MAN and I can use elevation again.

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Whether or not this bug is tied into specific attributes like weapon loadout has yet to be seen. However, I can say that I have experienced this problem no matter the ordnance. The bug persists even on a clean aircraft.